Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar

Options
  • 31-10-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I live in Mullingar - I'm not from the town though, so I don't know an awful lot of people. I have one good friend from here but she turned out to be a little odd :( and I'm looking for ways to make more friends. I don't have the nerve to go out to any of the pubs on my own though, and the friend I do have doesn't seem to have any other friends other than myself. I've known her for a while and in all the time we've hung out she's never introduced me to anyone else, and she doesn't seem to do anything else with anyone other than myself. She's from here and has lived here all her life, so I assume her lack of friends is to do with the previously mentioned oddness.

I've taken courses in Mullingar, and I worked here for a few years, but the place I worked in sacked all the staff before closing down and my work friends all seem to have just moved off (either to other parts of Ireland or to other countries) while I'm still here. I've found that Mullingar people are quite reserved and while they are perfectly friendly to out of towners, they are slightly wary about friendships. Most of the people I know would be classed as acquaintances and their circle of friends seem to be people they've known from childhood.

So I'm now unemployed and know nobody in town, and I'd like to rectify this a.s.a.p. Anyone else go through something similar? Anyone have any advice? I've checked out the courses Fas are offering and they're just not for me. I'm a computer technician by trade, and most of the courses I could see on the website (surprisingly few, considering the size of the town) were basic computer courses. :( Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

5-a-side soccer
    Fitness classes
    Join the triathlon, athletics club
    volunteer with local charities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

So you are Unemployed , Single , Living in an Irish Regional Town and you don't know a soul.

What is stopping you from moving to say London where you would walk into an IT Job and sample life in a big city ?

Advertisement