Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Young Loais woman vanished without trace........Is it starting again?

• 31-10-2012 2:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭

I just came across that Aoife Phelan a Loais woman suddenly vanished without trace recently. I also notice that it is located in the "Vanishing Triangle". Like all the other women, Deirdre Jacob, JoJo Dullard et al, there was no sign of anything beforehand and she was also a contented sucessful individual.

Guards are searching woods and fields near her home place but haven't found any clues.

Now instantly I though Larry Murphy, but thing is he is an intelligent guy and would not risk attacking another victim in his old stomping ground of Leinster as he knows he's being watched like a hawk. Dispite the rumours of his presence around the country, I doubt he is inviolved.

However, I think this most recent addition to Irelands Missing Women leads us to ask if we are dealing with present day Larry Murphy type, perhaps even, given the sudden unexplained circumstance of the disappearance, be the man who was alleged to have been seen with Larry Murphy in an old quarry in the Swan by an old woman. THey were burning stuff and allegedly it is where Larry Murphy dumped his old car as it was never oficially scrapped or sold. That quarry has never been searched.

I think we could be looking at a repeat of the 90's disappearances. Another chilling siilarity is that the woman was 4 months pregnant - so too was Fiona Pender when she vanished from outside her home one night. It is not entirely beyond the bounds of possibility that another killer operated in Murphy's era who had a sexual fixation for pregnant victims.

Given past experience, I would say the chances of her turning up, one way or the other, are slim.

On the other hand, if her rapist/murderer is found, he could be connected with the other disappearences therby vindicating LArry murphy's assertion that he is not connected with the other dissappearences.

One thing is certain though, that serial murder-rape killers typically go on a active spree, then there is a rest phase before some trigger prompts them to kill again. We could be looking at the same man who has re-entered an active phase after 10 years or so of being dormant.

We just don't know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

seanhalpin wrote: »
    We just don't know.

Yep, in a nutshell. So what was the question?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

The vanishing triangle?

We had that issue down our local snooker hall for awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

The thick plottens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

The vanishing triangle?

I hear there's been a break in the case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

The vanishing triangle?

Cue loads of puns... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nice to see that nobody's jumping to any wild conclusions or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Not comfortable with this thread. Not comfortable at all.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement