Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cooleys running

Options
  • 31-10-2012 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

does anyone know of any routes that range from 3-5miles that would suit someone starting into mountain running? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 carraun

Hi mickm86.

If you log onto www.imra.ie and click on events or forum you'll find a lot of info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭paulocon2

mickm86,

I 'cut my hillrunning teeth' in the Cooleys. I started by running to the shoulder of Slieve Foye and Barnavave along the Tain Way (staring from the road on the opposite side to Carlingford). Barnavave is a handy enough hill to run and there's a pretty nice track up it.

When I could do Barnavave, I started at Foye and went a bit further with each run.

Done the IMRA race on Foye earlier in the year. That starts at the church and goes to the top of Foye and back down.

Drop me a PM if you like as I've got GPS traces of a few runs up there.

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mickm86

thanks for that info lads regards mick

Advertisement