Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Stolen

Options
  • 31-10-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

Its probably long gone but I thought'd I'd stick up a post in case someone spots it for sale. Its a mens Imagine Moscato (same as pictured) but also had lights, pedals with straps, a cable lock, handlebar ends and mud gaurds. It was taken from outside my door (Rathpeacon/Killeens area) sometime between 8pm last night and 6am this morning. Its only about 4 weeks old!

The Gardai in Ballincollig have the report and I've also contacted cash converters. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

BrianjG wrote: »
    It was taken from outside my door (Rathpeacon/Killeens area) sometime between 8pm last night and 6am this morning. Its only about 4 weeks old!

You are virtually demanding ridicule for posting this. Go easy on him, boardsies!
    Hope you get your bike back but FFS, please learn a lesson from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I accept it was outside but in an estate (cul de sac) with no thru traffic, in a porch against my own front door, up a drive and not visiable from the road I thought (wrongly) it was safe enough. But yes lesson learned. I leave early (between 6 and 6.30) each morning and the family complains about the noise bringing the bike through the house. First & last time I leave it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I feel your pain mate, I had a new bike stolen from me 3 days after I bought it. I figured that having it locked, in a gated apartment block and under a security camera would be security enough. Apparently not.

Hope you find it, doubt you will.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 skidaroo

I have also had 2 bikes stolen from outside my door in the Killeens/Rathpeacon Area in the past few years.

The first time I think I must have forgetten to lock it- I normally did lock it but like you I thought I was in a very safe area.
    The second time I reckon the lock must have been loose or something. I bought a really awful second hand bike after that, so no-one would want to steal it.
    That bike died last week, so I am looking for another second hand bike. I found an Imagine Moscata bike for sale on adverts.ie.

The owner says he bought it six months ago from Cyclescene in Blarney Street. It has no mudguards or bike lights or pedal straps etc. So I hope it is not your bike. Call me at 0214516850 if you want more info or find the advert on adverts.ie
    best wishes Sarah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Thanks Sarah, yeah I took a look at the ad but given its been a year or more I've no way of know. Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sorry you didn't manage to get it back, closing the thread as its dating way back to 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement