Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lana Del Rey - Vicar Street Dublin May 2013 *Discussion Only - NO Ticket Sales*

Options
  • 31-10-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

It's about fricking time! How many thousands of albums has she sold here and then she announces a show at Vicar Street! I'm not complaining (once I get a ticket!) though, but seriously, she could fill The O2.

She hits Vicar Street on May 26th. Tickets €44. Brilliant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

This is gonna be a nightmare to get tickets to. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its nice she can find time in between working for H&M and Jaguar to play a few gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Is €44 per ticket not a bit pricey for someone who only has 1 album??

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Britney_Spears

brenmusic wrote: »
    It's about fricking time! How many thousands of albums has she sold here and then she announces a show at Vicar Street! I'm not complaining (once I get a ticket!) though, but seriously, she could fill The O2.

She hits Vicar Street on May 26th. Tickets €44. Brilliant.

Agree 100% I pray to god it doesn't sell out to quick!! I need that ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brenmusic

Here's the logistics of this Irish tour date. Lana Del Rey has sold over 30,000 copies of her debut studio album 'Born To Die' in Ireland alone, and Aiken Promotions stick her in Vicar Street, with a capacity of under 2,000. Then you have someone like Brad Paisley headlining The O2, when he should be in Vicar Street. Unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

it will probably sell out very quickly.
    I consider Born To Die one of the very good albums that were released this year. And she will probably be very good live!
    But I am not paying 44 euros (plus whatever ticketmaster is charging) to see her. She is fairly new (just two albums, and I don't think many people know her because of her first album), I am not willing to spend that much on her.
    So, less competition for you people, and I sincerely hope you get your tickets and have a great time!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

brenmusic wrote: »
    Here's the logistics of this Irish tour date. Lana Del Rey has sold over 30,000 copies of her debut studio album 'Born To Die' in Ireland alone, and Aiken Promotions stick her in Vicar Street, with a capacity of under 2,000. Then you have someone like Brad Paisley headlining The O2, when he should be in Vicar Street. Unreal.

How can one find out how much copies an album has sold in Ireland? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

Presale to fans on her website started today for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

I just bought my tickets for her Vicar Street gig from her website. I would recommend those who really want to see her to get their tickets as soon as possible too to avoid disappointment.
    Here is the link;http://lanadelrey.seetickets.com/Tour/Lana-Del-Rey As for playing a small venue, Lana is most comfortable in such intimate surroundings and her music is perfectly suited really for a venue like Vicar Street. The atmosphere will be absolutely electric! It wouldn't be quite the same if she was playing the O2 arena.

Now here is a taster to how wonderful she is live (and in a smallish venue....not too dissimilar to Vicar Street);
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDmmfMv53u8

• Advertisement

Ohh thank you thank you thank you!! Just bought mine!

Got my tickets too. :D Seems a bit odd that they're onsale with see tickets first but I'll run with it if it means I get my tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wogorman

nommm wrote: »
    Got my tickets too. :D Seems a bit odd that they're onsale with see tickets first but I'll run with it if it means I get my tickets.

Did you get charged gbp? I just realised I was charged sterling and not euro ticket price

Wogorman wrote: »
    Did you get charged gbp? I just realised I was charged sterling and not euro ticket price

Mine was charged in euros :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Are they on sale at ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wogorman

seligehgit wrote: »
    Are they on sale at ticketmaster?
    Not until tomorrow at 10am. Presale tickets sold out

Wogorman wrote: »

Yeah, it seems I have. Didn't notice it at the time but I was charged 48 euro per ticket. :o Probably still works out cheaper than ticketmaster who will charge a six euro booking fee on each of the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Got my ticket!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

i got my tickets, anyone have trouble getting some?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

SOLD OUT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

got my tickets :D and it seems all tickets are gone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Got two tickets for the ex wife about 10.10 after numerous failed attempts!
    Man I'm gonna be so back with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plastik90

Any chance of a 2nd date or a change of venue?
    Fail miserably at getting these tickets for a Christmas present!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

They'd better add a second date or change the venue. I was at my desk at 10 to buy a pair this morning and it told me "sorry, we can't find any tickets" etc etc.

While I like the idea of an intimate gig at Vicar street (I think her music would really suit it), realistically they could add an extra date somewhere...especially with such demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

second date on sale later today

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭JerseyJoe

Ask and ye shall receive. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

tickets on sale today at four. On your marks everybody. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brenmusic

Who will be the lucky couple of hundred to get a ticket for the second night on Monday May 27th? I'm ready to log on here now... Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

I got tickets!! So happy, it's not even funny. Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Edible

Just got tickets now. by chance happened to log on here 10 mins ago and saw there was a second date, thanks for the heads up! the other half is gonna be so happy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement