Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lana Del Rey - Vicar Street Dublin May 2013 *Discussion Only - NO Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Jaysus, obsessed much?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

16 more sleeps until we see her perform this song LIVE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

I think Kassidy will be her support act as they seem to have been playing on most of her European gigs so far. One of the band, Barrie, is Lana's boyfriend.

They're pretty good actually;

hey!!!! why this thread is so quiet? it is only 2 weeks away from now! nobody is excited at all?? :(

If there's a crazy guy sobbing away to Ride or Born To Die, that will probably be me:o
    I already warned my friend that I'll probably be in tears at some point!
    Lana's music has been the soundtrack to my life for the past two years.

• Advertisement

mackD wrote: »
    If there's a crazy guy sobbing away to Ride or Born To Die, that will probably be me:o
    I already warned my friend that I'll probably be in tears at some point!
    Lana's music has been the soundtrack to my life for the past two years.

Dont worry I will probably start crying at the very beginning of the concert or even in the queue! what time are you getting there?

haha it's funny isn't it? She hasn't been around that long but something about her and her music just touches people!
    I just hope Dublin gives her a rousing reception!!
    Well I said from 3pm but I really hate queuing for anything so I'll try and be there from 4pm:o

shes been around all the time! i always been on another Lana forum and follow all her news so shes always here, for me! sadly theres not much Irish fans on the other forum or we could form our Irish Lana fans team! a few friends are going with me so we will start queuing around 12pm to get into the front row! EXCITED.com!

I even have all her million of unreleased tracks/demos:o
    Good to know that she'll have some Irish hardcore fans there!!!
    haha 12?!! now that is dedication! I wish I could do that but I'd actually go crazy waiting almost 8 hours for the doors to open.

i just checked her tour and found out her last gig before Dublin's will be on Friday in Manchester, so i reckon she will fly into Dublin on Saturday, then i checked the flights arriving from Manchester on Saturday as well and narrow down 2 possible flights she might take, 1 is arriving at 9am (less possible coz she has a gig on Friday night), the other flight is arriving at 4.20pm (high possibility coz she will have the whole morning preparing for check out from hotel and stuffs).

SOOooooooo, think i will wait her outside the arriving hall at the airport at around 4.20pm. BUT, but after all this is just my guess, if she decides to come by ferry or take other flights or even come on sunday early morn the whole story would have changed! i'll give it a try anyway! wish me luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Whatever happened to the good old days when you just went to a gig at some point after the doors opened, gave the artist a big round of applause, left the venue after the last song and went home high on a good music buzz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Hopefully there are enough "sleeps" remaining between now and the gig for Del Ray's management to see this thread and beef up her security for Dublin. Substantially.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

What time is everyone starting to queue? I must get at the front :D

What time is everyone starting to queue? I must get at the front :D

I'll start queuing around 12, I'm determined to get to the front!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RMurph

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone has ever been to a strictly over-18s gig in Vicar Street before? This is my first time there, and was just wondering if security is really strict about age? I've been to a good few gigs at the 02, and security didn't check ID at all. I really don't want to go on the night and find out I won't be let in, Ive wanted to see Lana live for so long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

RMurph wrote: »
    Hey I'm just wondering if anyone has ever been to a strictly over-18s gig in Vicar Street before? This is my first time there, and was just wondering if security is really strict about age? I've been to a good few gigs at the 02, and security didn't check ID at all. I really don't want to go on the night and find out I won't be let in, Ive wanted to see Lana live for so long :(

They can be strict enough, how old are you? would you pass for 18?

bobbyg wrote: »
    They can be strict enough, how old are you? would you pass for 18?

I'm 16, and I guess I kinda just look 16, but I'm quite small. I'm going with my friend, who is 17, but she could pass for 18 :L

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

I'm 16, and I guess I kinda just look 16, but I'm quite small. I'm going with my friend, who is 17, but she could pass for 18 :L

Well I don't have any first hand experience, my opinion is just based on the fact that I have been to a good few over 18s gigs at Vicar Street and I have never noticed any young people there. In saying that the gigs I have been at may not have attracted a young crowd.

bobbyg wrote: »
    Well I don't have any first hand experience, my opinion is just based on the fact that I have been to a good few over 18s gigs at Vicar Street and I have never noticed any young people there. In saying that the gigs I have been at may not have attracted a young crowd.

Ah ok I see, thank you :) my brothers have been to a few things there, and they say that I definitely won't get in without ID, but I was just really hoping they might let us in :( god I was really lookIng forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

There's a competition on Spotify for tickets to this gig.

• Advertisement

DylanK wrote: »
    I'll start queuing around 12, I'm determined to get to the front!! :D

Seriously? Ill still be in school at that time haha! I wont be up to Dublin until about 4 or 5, I'm worried now i wont get to the front :( Save me a spot? haha :P

Aww no :( Is there anyone you know that's eighteen that you kind of look like, you could borrow their ID?

Aww no :( Is there anyone you know that's eighteen that you kind of look like, you could borrow their ID?

No I wish :( I only have 2 older brothers, and there isn't enough time to get a fake ID :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lanaloverxxx

HI was just wondering if 12pm would be goo enough to get barrier for the gig or would i need to line earlier?also does anyone know where lana will be staying or any hints that might be online.
    xoxo lana lover

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Ah ok I see, thank you :) my brothers have been to a few things there, and they say that I definitely won't get in without ID, but I was just really hoping they might let us in :( god I was really lookIng forward to it

I would go and try to get in regardless. You might be distraught, but far better to be turned away at the door than to stay at home and and subsequently discover that they were more lenient on the door, given Lana's younger fan demographic.
    Vicar Street's shows do tend to be a slightly older crowd, but I can think of at least two gigs I saw there several years ago (Weezer and The Darkness) when a huge portion of the crowd were quite young, and they weren't billed as "all ages" shows. Of course, I can't be sure that they weren't all eighteen, or that they weren't with older friends or siblings, but the point is this: it's better to try than to just write it off completely.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

I would go and try to get in regardless. You might be distraught, but far better to be turned away at the door than to stay at home and and subsequently discover that they were more lenient on the door, given Lana's younger fan demographic.
    Vicar Street's shows do tend to be a slightly older crowd, but I can think of at least two gigs I saw there several years ago (Weezer and The Darkness) when a huge portion of the crowd were quite young, and they weren't billed as "all ages" shows. Of course, I can't be sure that they weren't all eighteen, or that they weren't with older friends or siblings, but the point is this: it's better to try than to just write it off completely.

Yeah I think I will do that, because I just really want to see her. Even if i can just sit outside and I might be able to hear her singing, or meet her as she's going in (very unlikely :L) thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Yeah I think I will do that, because I just really want to see her. Even if i can just sit outside and I might be able to hear her singing, or meet her as she's going in (very unlikely :L) thank you :)

Just try not to look too young, wear glasses or something, and it might be an idea to try to get in when there is a good queue of people, if the doormen are busy they will just be checking tickets and won't have time to be looking at faces.

Yeah, and try to temporarily befriend a few older fans when you're in the queue. Make it look like you're with them when the door opens. Needs must. :P

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

Yeah, and try to temporarily befriend a few older fans when you're in the queue. Make it look like you're with them when the door opens. Needs must. :P

Oh god that will be the hard part :L my friend and I are very quiet and a bit awkward haha :) but thank you

• Advertisement

Ah, you'll be surprised how much some pre-gig excitement will get you chatting to other people. Good luck. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement