Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lana Del Rey - Vicar Street Dublin May 2013 *Discussion Only - NO Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

For the people who are thinking of queueing at 12 how will you pee if you need to go? :) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lanaloverxxx

im thinking of lining at 12 .im sure there a restaurants and bars to pee in and im sure they are used to ppl from vicarstreet gigs using them when the line up for gigs :]

im thinking of lining at 12 .im sure there a restaurants and bars to pee in and im sure they are used to ppl from vicarstreet gigs using them when the line up for gigs :]
    But will you lose your spot if you have to go? I'm a newbie to concert going :P

no just make mates with the ppl infront and behind you and they will keep your space like ^^ .me and my mate are going just the two of us so we are just gonna go get food and stuff in turns :] .

no just make mates with the ppl infront and behind you and they will keep your space like ^^ .me and my mate are going just the two of us so we are just gonna go get food and stuff in turns :] .

Ok thanks :)

Anyone want to make friends before the concert? I'm going up on my own haha :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

im on another forum of Lana and talked to most of them who have been to her concert at other places in europe. think they all used a number system for the queue, basically, whoever arrives at the venue first will write down number 1 on his hand, second person will have number 2 and the number will goes down accordingly, so this is to ensure for those people who come early would let in first and also to save your spot when you are away to toilet or get food.

think we should also launch this number system for her Dublin's gig!

what time are you getting there? i will be there around 12! :D

DylanK wrote: »
    what time are you getting there? i will be there around 12! :D

I'm not sure yet I've to check bus times but I think it could be 2 or 3 :) are you from Dublin because I have no idea where vicar street is :P

I'm not sure yet I've to check bus times but I think it could be 2 or 3 :) are you from Dublin because I have no idea where vicar street is :P

no not from Dublin and have no idea where vicar street is, think i will just take a taxi to the venue at 12 :P

no not from Dublin and have no idea where vicar street is, think i will just take a taxi to the venue at 12 :P

I'm getting off at Eden Quay in Dublin and think its a 20 minute walk to Vicar Street.:( I wonder are taxis expensive? If I'm getting up at 3 i wonder will that be still early enough to get to the front. I'm too obsessed with the woman that i must get at the front :P

• Advertisement

I'm getting off at Eden Quay in Dublin and think its a 20 minute walk to Vicar Street.:( I wonder are taxis expensive? If I'm getting up at 3 i wonder will that be still early enough to get to the front. I'm too obsessed with the woman that i must get at the front :P

think we should launch the number system like i mentioned earlier, this is to ensure for those who come early get to the front and for those who not.. sorry :o

if theres not much people arrives before you, think you will get to the front easily. but so far myself and 3 other friends as well as some other fans on other forum are going around 12pm so i think if you come around 3 will be a bit far back :(

think we should launch the number system like i mentioned earlier, this is to ensure for those who come early get to the front and for those who not.. sorry :o

if theres not much people arrives before you, think you will get to the front easily. but so far myself and 3 other friends as well as some other fans on other forum are going around 12pm so i think if you come around 3 will be a bit far back :(

Yeah that number system seems like a good idea! Wish i could go earlier to get closer :( But hey ill be happy to see her if I'm a little bit back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Vicar Street just so happens to be on Vicar Street, just off Thomas Street about halfway between Christchurch Cathedral and the Guinness Brewery.

im on another forum of Lana and talked to most of them who have been to her concert at other places in europe. think they all used a number system for the queue, basically, whoever arrives at the venue first will write down number 1 on his hand, second person will have number 2 and the number will goes down accordingly, so this is to ensure for those people who come early would let in first and also to save your spot when you are away to toilet or get food.

yeah they had this system at lady gaga and it worked out well :] i think its a goo idea for the line :].at gaga some ppl were "saving numbers" however so that might be considered a problem ><

Hey if youre alone .look for a girl in a leopard print fur coat and red hair (hopefully itll be me and not some girl who looks similar lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

I think I have just landed in a parallel universe, you lot truly are mental, I will be just going for a couple of casual pints before the gig and arriving at about 7.30 like the average sane person, hopefully I will get in!

You're obviously all obsessed with Lana but for anyone that has not being to Vicar street before it is not exactly a huge venue and you will have a pretty good view no matter where you are standing!

Vicar street is about a 20 minute walk from Eden Quay and probably 8-10 euro in a taxi depending on traffic, if you can find you way to Dame street just walk straight up towards Christ Church and ask someone there, it is literally 2 minutes (if even) from Christ church.

Hope you all enjoy the gig!

yeah they had this system at lady gaga and it worked out well :] i think its a goo idea for the line :].at gaga some ppl were "saving numbers" however so that might be considered a problem ><

I think Lana's fans are not as crazy as GaGa's, however "saving" 1 or 2 number is alright for me. But I'd definitely want to launch this system just to be fair for those who arrives early (like myself) :D

Hey if youre alone .look for a girl in a leopard print fur coat and red hair (hopefully itll be me and not some girl who looks similar lol)

I'm goin to Sunday gig with a few friends but alone for Monday gig! Anyone here going to both of her gigs?

I'm goin to Sunday gig with a few friends but alone for Monday gig! Anyone here going to both of her gigs?

Ill be at the Monday one and I'm thinking now of getting there another way so ill be there by 12 too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anyone have any ideas where she will be staying in Dublin?

Is it an Aiken gig? If so they usually use Jury's Inn in Christchurch as it's just round the corner

Are you at the Sunday gig or the Monday? I'm at the Monday one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Not really. The vast majority (99%) of concerts there do not have people queuing from noon: this is turning into Bruce Springsteen territory. There are certainly several places in the vicinity. But maybe bring a friend. Safety in numbers and all...

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

I think Lana's fans are not as crazy as GaGa's, however "saving" 1 or 2 number is alright for me. But I'd definitely want to launch this system just to be fair for those who arrives early (like myself) :D

Haha yes thats true :p .yeah the number system is perfect but if the first person in the line doesnt start it then we are screwed ><
    also im going to the sunday gig :]

Haha yes thats true :p .yeah the number system is perfect but if the first person in the line doesnt start it then we are screwed ><
    also im going to the sunday gig :]

What time will you be there? I think if I arrive at the venue at 11.30am I will most likely be the first people who queue there so I will start the number system and tell the rest who come later to pass down the number. :P

Ill be at the Monday one and I'm thinking now of getting there another way so ill be there by 12 too :)

I will be queuing at 12pm for both of the gigs so I will see you there at 12pm :P

What time will you be there? I think if I arrive at the venue at 11.30am I will most likely be the first people who queue there so I will start the number system and tell the rest who come later to pass down the number. :P

i think ill be there at 12 :] so i should be near you anyways ^^ .ill see the guy with the marker haha .i wonder if any ppl will line up earlier o.O havent heard anything .

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

As much as I love Lana, there is no way I could queue for almost 8 hours! Much respect to the hardcores turning up at noon though.
    I can't check into my hotel until 3pm so I'll prob start queuing from 4ish.
    I'm thinking that despite a few hardcore fans, the vast majority won't queue until around 5 and afterwards (I hope!)

I'm trying to think is the gig standing only or are there seated and balcony tickets too? I'm not familiar at all with Vicar St.

mackD wrote: »
    As much as I love Lana, there is no way I could queue for almost 8 hours! Much respect to the hardcores turning up at noon though.
    I can't check into my hotel until 3pm so I'll prob start queuing from 4ish.
    I'm thinking that despite a few hardcore fans, the vast majority won't queue until around 5 and afterwards (I hope!)

I'm trying to think is the gig standing only or are there seated and balcony tickets too? I'm not familiar at all with Vicar St.

it is not about the the queue, it is about getting on to the front row and meet Lana! 8 hours of queue will defo worth it all!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ThePatrickk

I can't believe it's less than 10 days away...
    I've been waiting too long for this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement