Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lana Del Rey - Vicar Street Dublin May 2013 *Discussion Only - NO Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It depends. Outer doors at 6:30/7:00. Venue doors at 7:30. Form an orderly queue in the bar to be first in.
    I've been to millions of gigs there and there is no golden rule for the start time. The usual is support at 8:00 or 8:30, headline act at 9:00 or 9:15. Your best bet is to see what time she's been coming on at during the tour. I'd GUESS it'd be over by 10:45 or 11:00 at the latest.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Is there gonna be a support act? Just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Is there gonna be a support act? Just curious!

Kassidy are the support act Lanas boyfriend Barry is in the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

Can we get queue updates from those that are already there through out the day?
    Cheers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RMurph

Could people who are going tonight let me know if security checks ID?

• Advertisement

@lanadelreyIE on twitter are posting updates about the queue.

From Aiken:

Please note the updated following stage times;
    8.00pm- Kassidy
    9.00pm -Lana Del Rey

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

Just joined the queue...surprisingly it isn't that long yet and I'm just around the corner of the alley:D
    I feel like grandad though...extremely young crowd.

Is it really an obviously young crowd? Unless they decide to be more lenient - which I doubt, given that it was advertised as Over 18's - anyone who's clearly not eighteen may not get in. It'll be very interesting to see how this pans out.

Is it really an obviously young crowd? Unless they decide to be more lenient - which I doubt, given that it was advertised as Over 18's - anyone who's clearly not eighteen may not get in. It'll be very interesting to see how this pans out.

Very young yeah.
    Also just heard there are two queues formed at the door from each direction...a mess:o
    The security seem way too casual. There should just be the one proper queue to avoid the inevitable stampede once the doors open:(

• Advertisement

mackD wrote: »
    Just joined the queue...surprisingly it isn't that long yet and I'm just around the corner of the alley:D
    I feel like grandad though...extremely young crowd.

Did you get to see Lana? I saw on twitter she came out to meet fans?

Did you get to see Lana? I saw on twitter she came out to meet fans?

I didn't, but my friend went around the corner when me arrived and got pictures of her waving at him and entering the venue.
    I was mad jealous!:D

Very young yeah.
    Also just heard there are two queues formed at the door from each direction...a mess:o
    The security seem way too casual. There should just be the one proper queue to avoid the inevitable stampede once the doors open:(

There'll be tears before bedtime.
    The rush to meet Lana probably messed up the queue even more.
    Numbers on hands don't amount to much when emotions are running high.

I didn't, but my friend went around the corner when me arrived and got pictures of her waving at him and entering the venue.
    I was mad jealous!:D

Aww man I'm so jealous :( I'm going tomorrow night and won't get there until 7 could you let me know if there's many in the queue at that time?

Aww man I'm so jealous :( I'm going tomorrow night and won't get there until 7 could you let me know if there's many in the queue at that time?

Well the queue situation is a bit of a mess now with the "two" queues.
    I'll let you know where I end up standing as someone who got here at 5.30pm

I hope the queue doesn't descend to farcical levels. As it is, anyone whose age is in doubt or has a questionable ID will also be moved off to the side once they start letting people in, so if you're, say, twentieth in the queue, by the time you plead your case and/or ring your mum to get her to vouch for you, ANOTHER twenty people will get in ahead of you. I've seen it happen.

I hope the queue doesn't descend to farcical levels. As it is, anyone whose age is in doubt or has a questionable ID will also be moved off to the side once they start letting people in, so if you're, say, twentieth in the queue, by the time you plead your case and/or ring your mum to get her to vouch for you, ANOTHER twenty people will get in ahead of you. I've seen it happen.

Oh god I'm really beginning to think I won't get in tomorrow :,(

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

I've never been happier to have turned 18 last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I'm 26 and was probably the oldest person there :rolleyes:

Not really, but it felt like it.

Seeing so many 17-19 year-olds so horrifically excited to see another human being reminded me of when I too used to get excited about things.

Great show though. Lana did an absolutely exceptional job of engaging with the audience.

First of all, all the underage folk can relax...the security is very relaxed and 80% of the crowd was made up of young teenage girls around 16/17.

Anyway, it was AMAZING!
    I was about 3 rows from the stage but right in the centre so had a superb view of Lana all night :D
    She was flawless. Once I got over how gorgeous she looks in person, I concentrated on the sound and she was unreal with crisp, clear vocals.
    There was some hilarious guy in the crowd who kept shouting random funny things like "We love you Lana"/ "You're beautiful" and the like, much to the amusement of all of us and Lana:D
    The only thing I didn't like was the crowd being made up of a vast majority of young girls who could be quite obnoxious and overly raucous at times.
    It was a VERY young crowd but that has nothing to do with Lana herself who was flawless as I said.

Oh and for those going tomorrow night, prepare to get misty-eyed during/right before Video Games. It is a beautiful moment.

• Advertisement

whirlpool wrote: »
    I'm 26 and was probably the oldest person there :rolleyes:

Not really, but it felt like it.

Seeing so many 17-19 year-olds so horrifically excited to see another human being reminded me of when I too used to get excited about things.

Great show though. Lana did an absolutely exceptional job of engaging with the audience.

It was my only complaint...the obnoxious 16/17 year old girls who would think nothing of shoving/punching you out of the way any time Lana came down to the front row!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

What time did she start/finish?

wacotaco wrote: »

She came on stage about 9.15pm and left about 10.30pm roughly.

I was sitting upstairs in the balcony right at the stage so I had a full view above the entire crowd, and I'd say it was 40% guys, 60% girls.

Does anybody think if I get to the queue at 7 and then when i get inside I could somehow creep through some people closer to the stage? I know I won't get right at the front but somewhere close I've really bad eyesight ahaha :P

wacotaco wrote: »

She came on stage around 9.10 and was finished by 10.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Well I loved her. I was with 5 other mid20s women and felt like an old spinster! We were next to a particularly hysterical group of teenagers but 'twas all good in the end.

Does anybody think if I get to the queue at 7 and then when i get inside I could somehow creep through some people closer to the stage? I know I won't get right at the front but somewhere close I've really bad eyesight ahaha :P

Yes, if you're bold enough.
    These two girls didn't arrive until after Kassidy performed and they somehow sneaked their way through to where I was standing just 3 rows from the stage.

What time are people queuing at today? I was going to go at 1, but with the rain I was wondering if 2:30 would be sufficient to get to the front? :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

A couple of questions from last night;
    1. What were those presents Lana handed out to the front row? The looked like books.
    2. Was she crying at one stage? It was when she said "A lot of people have said a lot of things about me". I presume she was referring to those in the media that have labelled her a fraud and a fake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement