Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lana Del Rey - Vicar Street Dublin May 2013 *Discussion Only - NO Ticket Sales*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

RMurph wrote: »
    What time are people queuing at today? I was going to go at 1, but with the rain I was wondering if 2:30 would be sufficient to get to the front? :L

My train will get to Dublin at about 1 so pretty much from then on I guess! See you there :D ahhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RMurph

My train will get to Dublin at about 1 so pretty much from then on I guess! See you there :D ahhhh!

I think I might get the train that gets there at 1:30 :) really excited but not looking forward to queuing alone in the rain haha

I think I might get the train that gets there at 1:30 :) really excited but not looking forward to queuing alone in the rain haha

Ah I love trains so much usually but I just wanna get there now! I'm in limerick like so I'm going for the train now!

You'll know me a mile away, I'm the small one with brown hair and stretched ears and ill be hysterically crying all day. Haha

Ah I love trains so much usually but I just wanna get there now! I'm in limerick like so I'm going for the train now!

You'll know me a mile away, I'm the small one with brown hair and stretched ears and ill be hysterically crying all day. Haha

I'm coming up from Kilkenny :) haha sounds like me minus the stretched ears haha :) are you bringing rain gear?

I'm coming up from Kilkenny :) haha sounds like me minus the stretched ears haha :) are you bringing rain gear?

No :( I've already left home so I can't now.. Should I buy something?

• Advertisement

No :( I've already left home so I can't now.. Should I buy something?

I don't know, I think there will be more showers throughout the day, but all I have is my Mac in a Sac :L

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Anybody know where she stayed last night was it in jury's?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lanaloverxxx

does anyone know where i can get a ticket in dublin today for her show lastnight was too amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

does anyone know where i can get a ticket in dublin today for her show lastnight was too amazing

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

lukin wrote: »
    A couple of questions from last night;
    1. What were those presents Lana handed out to the front row? The looked like books.
    2. Was she crying at one stage? It was when she said "A lot of people have said a lot of things about me". I presume she was referring to those in the media that have labelled her a fraud and a fake.

1. Yes she gave out signed books, but I think they were just random books.

2. Yes that little speech before Video Games and the deafening reaction from the crowd really touched her as she had to turn her face away to gather herself.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vicar St turned out to be her favourite gig as she feeds off the energy of such intimate venues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

mackD wrote: »
    1. Yes she gave out signed books, but I think they were just random books.

2. Yes that little speech before Video Games and the deafening reaction from the crowd really touched her as she had to turn her face away to gather herself.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vicar St turned out to be her favourite gig as she feeds off the energy of such intimate venues.

Thanks, I enjoyed the gig even though she didn't play my two favourites ("Lucky Ones and "Million Dollar Man"). The closing "National Anthem" was my personal highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Anybody know where she stayed last night was it in jury's?

I know but I'm not telling. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

I thought she was overwhelmed by the band and looked nervous and jittery on stage. Sound was muddy and lacked clarity.

I think she'd be much better suited to a smaller, seated and more intimate cabaret style venue.

Did come across as a genuinely pleasant individual and completely undeserving of the bitterness and hate that has been dumped on her, both personally and professionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I think she'd be much better suited to a smaller, seated and more intimate cabaret style venue.

She'll be playing bigger venues than Vicar street from now on
    Did come across as a genuinely pleasant individual and completely undeserving of the bitterness and hate that has been dumped on her, both personally and professionally.

Totally agree, she seemed really sound.

I thought the sound was really bad for Kassidy (I could not make out a single word of their first song) but I thought Lana sounded fine.
    I think she was more drowned out by the crowd in the front rows at times who were chanting all the lyrics to every song.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

JJ wrote: »
    I know but I'm not telling. :D

Ahh go on pm me i wont get to the show till late and i want to meet her :(

Queue isn't too bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Ahh go on pm me i wont get to the show till late and i want to meet her :(

Sorry, I promised her I wouldn't tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

Last night was really good, I'm so shocked that I got to the very front and even got a picture with Lana! It was totally awesome, made some cool friends and am so envious of those going tonight! Full review to come later!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I'd say she's staying in the Westin based on the big crowd gathered putside there this evening.

Really enjoyed the gig. I wish she'd done the Olympia instead if she wanted to do a smaller venue. It was very hard to see her from where i was standing.

I seem to be the only one that was surrounded by people in their 50's

• Advertisement

I think all of us who were there last night will remember this particular moment for a long time;

It was beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

I think all of us who were there last night will remember this particular moment for a long time;

It was beautiful.

Yup, that's pretty much all everyone was talking about today. Amazing feeling, being there to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

It was beautiful.

Been keeping up wit this thread as it's been a constant source of amusement, never heard of her before but she does have a fine set of pipes.

Just watched that vid, the more she cried, the more the crowd cheered, making her cry more, and the crowd cheer more, a never ending cry/cheer moment thats for sure

Lana was amazing. I was at the very front row, I met her before it and got her autograph and got a picture with her just at the end. I am bawling crying so that's why I look manic! And also the picture is on my camera which I can't upload properly until I get back to limerick so I took this on my phone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

[...]And also the picture is on my camera which I can't upload properly until I get back to limerick so I took this on my phone!!

Let me do that for you... :D

rabbdeoq.png

(screencap from my video)

-> anyone else who want's his/her picture with Lana from the balcony view?

Lana was absolutely amazing tonight!!! I met her beforehand and got her autograph on my cd, and got an autographed book from Rob :) inside, she sounded, looked and was unreal!!! I was front row and held her hand, got a picture, hugged her, told her I love her to which she looked into my eyes and replied "I love you too" and kissed my cheek 😂😂😊

She performed so well and gave time and attention to every fan, and smiled the whole time. She works so hard for her fans and treats us so well!

I just want to thank those few people who I waited with for hours beforehand, you were so nice to me! I can't remember your names but thank you!! ☺

And also, where did he tip off about lana staying in the westin come from? My friend and I are staying there for the night and we're mobbed by drunk girls everytime we try get in!

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Let me do that for you... :D

rabbdeoq.png

(screencap from my video)

-> anyone else who want's his/her picture with Lana from the balcony view?

Hahaha that's great! That's my best friend Cian, and he's here with me all freaked out that someone put that on boards hahaha. I was the girl next to him crying hysterically, any of me? Haha

[quote="RMurph;84812337"I just want to thank those few people who I waited with for hours beforehand, you were so nice to me! I can't remember your names but thank you!! ☺[/quote]

Am I one of them by any chance? Haha I was there since half 3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

[...]any of me? Haha

nzjud3os.jpg

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement