Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eggs, flour, rocks and paint

• 31-10-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

To anyone driving or walking in the Childers road, Greenfoelds or Ballinacurra gardens areas, be wary of a few groups of scum using eggs, rocks, paint and flour on people and cars.

There seems to be two groups with about ten in each group just going after people walking and also hitting the windscreens of moving cars.

Groups of scum that no doubt would be called little angels by their scum rearing parents. Ran at one group of them who were getting stuck into an elderly woman near the Greenfield's traffic lights. They had circled around the poor woman and were just throwing things off of her and stopping her from getting away.

As usual the Roxboro garda station number just rang out a number of times when one tried to call them.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Scum bags. Thanks for the tip. Wife and kids were about to head towards Greenfields, now warned against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I avoid the Childers road area around this time of year anyway, from past windscreen experience. :mad: Sadly, it's only remarkable if it makes it's way past the Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Kess73 wrote: »
    To anyone driving or walking in the Childers road, Greenfoelds or Ballinacurra gardens areas, be wary of a few groups of scum using eggs, rocks, paint and flour on people and cars.

There seems to be two groups with about ten in each group just going after people walking and also hitting the windscreens of moving cars.

Groups of scum that no doubt would be called little angels by their scum rearing parents. Ran at one group of them who were getting stuck into an elderly woman near the Greenfield's traffic lights. They had circled around the poor woman and were just throwing things off of her and stopping her from getting away.

As usual the Roxboro garda station number just rang out a number of times when one tried to call them.

Dirty scumbags, every guard available should be working today (Assuming they're not). Terrible the way Halloween has descended into an absolute farce which ends up being a night of hell for many people, a sad reflection on society and lack of law and order. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ah yes the usual degenerates doing what they only do best once again.

Actually I'd hate to work in the fire service at this time of year. Having to deal with fires these waste of spaces start only then to be battered by them when they turn up to put the fires out. Maybe a night sharing a prison cell with a guy called Buba might sort them out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

My car got hit with an egg on Monday evening on the Penneywell Rd. There was a group of about 5 knackers there aged around 15.

A red mist descended on me so I pursued the little knackers up the road, I caught one of the them. I didn't see who threw the egg and the guy I caught was "swearing on his mothers life, it wasn't him", and when he saw how angry I was, he started crying, so I just left him be after that.
    No point in beating the little knacker even though I wanted to punch the crap out of him. I would have been the one that got arrested if it came to that.

Just be wary if you're passing up that way tonight because if they were throwing them Monday, I'm sure they'll be out in force this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Culleeo wrote: »
    My car got hit with an egg on Monday evening on the Penneywell Rd. There was a group of about 5 knackers there aged around 15.

A red mist descended on me so I pursued the little knackers up the road, I caught one of the them. I didn't see who threw the egg and the guy I caught was "swearing on his mothers life, it wasn't him", and when he saw how angry I was, he started crying so I just left him be after that.
    No point in beating the little knacker even though I wanted to punch the crap out of him, as I would have been the one that got arrested if it came to that.

Just be wary if your passing up that way tonight because if they were throwing them Monday, I'm sure they'll be out in force this evening.

You could be sure the little prlcks "parents" would have been out like a flash with their Solicitor's mobile number dialling as they ran to protect their 'claim' had you had dealt out a little bit of real justice (I await the PC mob retribution for that one :D), yet just as in the case mentioned in OP, you can be equally certain that the sperm donors and baby factories of these little darlings will be laughing with delight at the "antics" of their precious offspring during this excuse for mayhem that is Hallowe'en.

"Sure weren't we the same when we were kids......twelve years ago" they'll probably say.

Another point slightly off topic perhaps. Why the hell is there a Mid-term school break anyway at this time of year? Judging by the standard of children being produced the last thing they seem to need is less education and a serious amount of lessons in civic responsibility and respect.

As for the Roxboro guards :(.......far too busy dressing up as hookers to catch unsuspecting johns last I heard. too much to be bothered about feral kids running riot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Kess73 wrote: »
    Ran at one group of them who were getting stuck into an elderly woman near the Greenfield's traffic lights. They had circled around the poor woman and were just throwing things off of her and stopping her from getting away.

Fair play to you, someone needs to stand up to these vermin. Terrorising an elderly lady, how brave of them :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Bad enough throwing an egg or water balloon and running but surrounding an elderly lady jesus christ thats a low

Ah jaysus. A new low from where I grew up. I'll admit that when I was a kid, myself and my buddies were partial to egg and water balloon throwing at each other on Halloween night. But it was at each other!!! The odd time it would turn into a battle between BCG/Greenfields and roundwood. All in the name of fun. Most of us are life long friends now. Grew up together, went to school together etc. We never hasseled our neighbours and never would we dream of hitting passing cars, people or houses!! And as for flour, rocks and paint?!!!! That's just shocking. Where I live now, the street is littered with kids just out trick or treating and has been since 5ish. I think i've counted 48 kids that have come to the door tonight. Not a spot of trouble out here nor has there been in the 5 years I've been here on Halloween. And as for that lady getting surrounded in Greenfields, I don't know what I would have done if I came upon that. Fair play Kess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bunch of travellers throwing rocks and eggs near the Kilmurray as well near.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Treehorn

Throwing potatoes at cars in Thomondgate/Killeely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Was driving out towards Corbally earlier, just past Scoile Íde the car was smashed by eggs! Bunch of kids ran down the road and the car in front of me turned around straight away after them! Just before the bridge there was a car pulled in, oldish man obviously got out to challenge them, poor guy had egg on his face and trousers!!
    Passing by Applegreen/ Tesco Express and they were lighting fireworks and throwing them out onto the road! This was all around 8.30!!
    Honestly, some of the youth in this city are out and out scum and dont deserve to live to be adults!! Christ knows what we'll have to deal with if that happens!! The "kids will be kids" brigade can keep their mouths shout to.....somethings are harmless, others are down right dangerous!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

alan1990 wrote: »
    Was driving out towards Corbally earlier, just past Scoile Íde the car was smashed by eggs! Bunch of kids ran down the road and the car in front of me turned around straight away after them! Just before the bridge there was a car pulled in, oldish man obviously got out to challenge them, poor guy had egg on his face and trousers!!
    Passing by Applegreen/ Tesco Express and they were lighting fireworks and throwing them out onto the road! This was all around 8.30!!
    Honestly, some of the youth in this city are out and out scum and dont deserve to live to be adults!! Christ knows what we'll have to deal with if that happens!! The "kids will be kids" brigade can keep their mouths shout to.....somethings are harmless, others are down right dangerous!!!

The misses car got battered by eggs there bout an hour ago just before corbally bridge by the Irish estates!! We had to drive back in the road bout 15 minutes later and seen a few of um gettin hauled into back of paddy wagon in same spot!! delighted!!! right job for the little buggers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

gregers85 wrote: »
    The misses car got battered by eggs there bout an hour ago just before corbally bridge by the Irish estates!! We had to drive back in the road bout 15 minutes later and seen a few of um gettin hauled into back of paddy wagon in same spot!! delighted!!! right job for the little buggers!!!

Unfortunately it's just a badge of honour for those thugs. They have no fear of arrest because they will be straight back out in a few hours with a slap on the wrist.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

h3000 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's just a badge of honour for those thugs. They have no fear of arrest because they will be straight back out in a few hours with a slap on the wrist.

Ah ya I know but it at the least might give them a scare nd get them off the streets causing damage if only for a few hrs detained!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

gregers85 wrote: »
    Ah ya I know but it at the least might give them a scare nd get them off the streets causing damage if only for a few hrs detained!!

There is defo good in it just not enough sadly.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Well done OP on helping out the old lady:)

I drove from Greenfields and just past the traffic lights there was a gang of kids on both sides of the road throwing eggs across the road at eachother!

Jezz ... had I even though about doing anything like that when I was a kid my parents would have locked me up till Christmas!

Advertisement