Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a sole trader business name

Options
  • 31-10-2012 3:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Just wondering what is the best way to do the above. I've been on the cro website already but it seems very geared towards limited companies. Is there a better way to register a new business name as a sole trader on this website or another one. Ive already come across a company willing to do this for a fee of 70+ euro but I think this is excessive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

That is very excessive, for something so very starightforward. €20 fee online. My firm don't normally charge for doing it, we register the name and send on the pdf for signing. Most business return later for accounts/tax advice etc. PM me if you need more help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

You need to fill in an RBN1 form.

Think it costs like €20 to do thru CORE and takes about 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Hanley wrote: »
    You need to fill in an RBN1 form.

Think it costs like €20 to do thru CORE and takes about 15 minutes.

oh, I didn't realise this had to be done, I thought they only had to register with revenue! So the RBN1 form is it only if the trader is trading under a separate business name? and they would also fill this on the TR1?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MotteDai

yes I believe you have to reg it through the CRO website and it costs about €20, then they send you a certificate which your supposed to put on wall showing peoples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It's all covered on the CRO site

20 euro to do it

You basically need an RBN if you are trading as anything other than your natural name

ie. if your name was John Murphy and you wanted to trade as "Irish Widgets" you'd need an RBN

If you were happy to trade as John Murphy you wouldn't

Advertisement