Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lodging to aib at PO

Options
  • 31-10-2012 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

can i lodge to an aib account(not my own)
    at the post office?
    i have all the details
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Dont believe so u need the bank card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

For what it's worth you can also use a lodgement slip from a personalised pre-printed lodgement book or cheque book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

For what it's worth you can also use a lodgement slip from a personalised pre-printed lodgement book or cheque book.
    i have a book for the van repayments
    the PO told me it wasn't compatible with their system
    i'm none the wiser after speaking to aib

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

M cebee wrote: »
    i have a book for the van repayments
    the PO told me it wasn't compatible with their system
    i'm none the wiser after speaking to aib
    That's weird, as I use mine regularly in the PO for lodgements to my current account & I also use the lodgement slip for my AIB credit card to lodge to that. Once the bank details are encoded at the bottom it should work. It even says on the An Post website that you can. Maybe some post office systems are more antiquated than others, but I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i'll enquire later what the exact issue is with the book?

why dont they allow customers use the generic lodgement slips that the banks use-that way you can lodge to different accounts?
    if they're intending to provide a proper aib banking service

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i was told the same thing in the post office - i cant use my regular aib lodgement slip and i need to use my laser card and put in the pin.

Advertisement