Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go on a Saturday night?

Options
  • 31-10-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Myself and a few of the lads are heading up on Saturday to celebrate my birthday. Just wondering where's the best place to on a Saturday night in G-G-G-G-Galway?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Depends on age and taste in music etc but stick to Shop Street pubs and clubs and you can't go much wrong.
    King's Head is usually a good start and then Carbon or CPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Tuam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

biko wrote: »
    Depends on age and taste in music etc but stick to Shop Street pubs and clubs and you can't go much wrong.
    King's Head is usually a good start and then Carbon or CPs.
    Biko you're out of the loop, its now Electric Garden.

As said above depends on age and what kinda places ye like, The Roisin Dubh, Massimo, Bierhaus, Salt House, Quay St, High St, Cross St are the better/busier places.

I wouldn't cross the river, just us locals on the other side. Nothing to see there..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

The Wesht is only for locals...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There's no need to make any plans, just wander around and in and out of places. You can have just as much craic on the streets as you can in any overcrowded, overpriced, music too damn loud pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If you are looking for somewhere contemporary and classy I would recommend Coyotes in Forster Street. Reasonable prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

MadYaker wrote: »
    If you are looking for somewhere contemporary and classy I would recommend Coyotes in Forster Street. Reasonable prices too.
    Piss pull.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Roisin Dubh, Monroes or the Salt House.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

You are obviously having a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Front Door, The Quays, The Dail, Busker Brownes, McSwiggans, The Townhouse
    All them good late bars

clubs? Not a fan myself but Karma is good if looking for the pull :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Itzy wrote: »
    Roisin Dubh, Monroes or the Salt House.

nonono, tourists wouldn't like the west, tis all run down and boring, nothing worth visiting across the bridge, best stick to quay street, sure it's the best place for them, leave all those smelly locals alone over wesht.

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

To be fair, the prices are reasonable. Probably the only place in Galway where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

PLEASE do not go to the Electric (the new CPs)

CPs was great, but this place is not!

Club wise - prob Karma or Halo...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

lol

at all of it.

Take the time to read the charter please.
    For instance do not post anti-recommendations, if you don't like a place then do not post here to let people know.
    Service/food experiences are too subjective to be reliable and frankly, we don't know you well enough to know your reasons to put a place down.
    If you have a problem with a business and need advice, please use Consumer Issues forum. If someone asks for recommendations, don't use the opportunity to mention places that have "wronged" you. Take it up with the manager instead of the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Seaneh wrote: »

nonono, tourists wouldn't like the west, tis all run down and boring, nothing worth visiting across the bridge, best stick to quay street, sure it's the best place for them, leave all those smelly locals alone over wesht.

:pac:

Agreed. Róisín Dubh, Massimo etc all attract a kind of laid back crowd..but different to the crowds up on Quay St.

OP go to Front Door (aka Sonny's), Dáil, Busker Browns, King's Head, Town House, Quays. All on or near Quay St.

Depending on what age you are, go to Halo nightclub or Coyotes (if you are under 20). Karma maybe too but in my day it was called The Alley and full of skangers. Things have prob changed since then though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

ScumLord wrote: »
    There's no need to make any plans, just wander around and in and out of places. You can have just as much craic on the streets as you can in any overcrowded, overpriced, music too damn loud pub.

that's exactly what we did

haha, we were dragged halfway through the town just to get our free "shots" of water...

Galway is a super spot though!

Advertisement