Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes

Options
  • 31-10-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hello to everyone on the Waterford forum,been lurking boards from the shadows for years now, finally got round to posting and it's bad news:mad:

Just wanted to put the word out that two bikes were stolen in the Kilcohan area yesterday evening sometime,they where taken from a locked shed.You never know coming up to Christmas some scumbag might be offering these bikes for cheap and if I can make enough people aware of them it might make them harder to sell or possibility getting them back, the likelihood is they're probably half way to Mexico by now.

The first is a women's mountain bike, It's a Specialized Hardrock with the name Specialized on both tires,has a bottle holder,this bike is practically brand new.Looks the same as in the picture except it is Sparkly Red in colour.

specialized-hardrock-pro-disc-2010-mountain-bike.jpg

The second is a Bianchi black and white racing bike,the bike is a older version of the one in the pic.The frame has a bottle holder too and the peddles will clip into racing shoes.

bianchi-928-carbon-veloce-2006-bike.jpg

I was going to put this in the robberies thread but thought I might get more views this way,if the mods feel the need to move it no problem.

The Guards have been notified too,If anyone hears of anything going for sale or been offered a bike on the cheap with this description to let the Guards know or even drop me a P.m,cheers and thanks to everyone for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭henboy

Sorry to hear that , hopefully they will turn up . I'll keep an eye out on adverts and done deal ...

A **** thing to do to someone ...

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

henboy wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that , hopefully they will turn up . I'll keep an eye out on adverts and done deal ...

A **** thing to do to someone ...

Thanks very much,I'll be driving around the next few weeks looking to see if anyone one is stupid enough to be cycling around on em:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

That's too bad, hope you can get them back.

On another note, your username is great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Daithi1974

My bike has been stolen from Locked shed too, went in the last couple of weeks (haven't used it in a couple of weeks and only needed a screwdriver on Saturday), crowbar or something similar remove the whole lock form the door.
    TREK 4900 cost €1100 3 years ago, i'm so sick!!!
    Gards arrived and told me it was the second bike taken in a week from the same estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Hello to everyone on the Waterford forum,been lurking boards from the shadows for years now, finally got round to posting and it's bad news:mad:

Just wanted to put the word out that two bikes were stolen in the Kilcohan area yesterday evening sometime,they where taken from a locked shed.You never know coming up to Christmas some scumbag might be offering these bikes for cheap and if I can make enough people aware of them it might make them harder to sell or possibility getting them back, the likelihood is they're probably half way to Mexico by now.

The first is a women's mountain bike, It's a Specialized Hardrock with the name Specialized on both tires,has a bottle holder,this bike is practically brand new.Looks the same as in the picture except it is Sparkly Red in colour.

specialized-hardrock-pro-disc-2010-mountain-bike.jpg

The second is a Bianchi black and white racing bike,the bike is a older version of the one in the pic.The frame has a bottle holder too and the peddles will clip into racing shoes.

bianchi-928-carbon-veloce-2006-bike.jpg

I was going to put this in the robberies thread but thought I might get more views this way,if the mods feel the need to move it no problem.

The Guards have been notified too,If anyone hears of anything going for sale or been offered a bike on the cheap with this description to let the Guards know or even drop me a P.m,cheers and thanks to everyone for reading
    Daithi1974 wrote: »
    My bike has been stolen from Locked shed too, went in the last couple of weeks (haven't used it in a couple of weeks and only needed a screwdriver on Saturday), crowbar or something similar remove the whole lock form the door.
    TREK 4900 cost €1100 3 years ago, i'm so sick!!!
    Gards arrived and told me it was the second bike taken in a week from the same estate.

They are on the lookout for them - They pulled up outside Ursuline court to 2 lads and confiscated the bikes they had on Friday night thinking they were the first 2 on the thread here.
    @Henry Sellers As I knew the guards I brought up the thread on the phone to them and showed them the ones you were missing but it wasnt them.
    Il keep the ears and eyes open though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Elbows22 wrote: »
    @Henry Sellers As I knew the guards I brought up the thread on the phone to them and showed them the ones you were missing but it wasnt them.
    Il keep the ears and eyes open though :)

Fair play to you

Sorry to hear about your bike Daithi1974,hopefully you will get it back. It would be worth even telling any bike shops near you to keep an eye out for it. @Elbows22 Thank you so much for going out of your way like that,I owe you one, very much appreciated :).

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Just looking at bikes for sale in Waterford on donedeal.
    One mtn bike ad does not give the make of bike, the entire bike looks to have been sprayed black, and states "This bike is in a very good technical condition. Suspension feels like in a luxury car, very smooth. Definately worth the price "
    Not really the words of a biking enthusiast!

http://www.donedeal.ie/find/bicycles/for-sale/Waterford/?source=all

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Daithi1974

Cheers Buddy had a look not mine, but painted black so defo not legit!!! god damn those fools.
    I contacted Bike shop in Dungarvan and two fools went in to sell him stolen bikes, these people are just tramps!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Gumtree is another major site for passing on stolen bikes.
    Often the seller won't stick up a picture of the actual bike, but of a similar one from the internet. If the price is too good to be true....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

Daithi1974 wrote: »
    Cheers Buddy had a look not mine, but painted black so defo not legit!!! god damn those fools.
    I contacted Bike shop in Dungarvan and two fools went in to sell him stolen bikes, these people are just tramps!!!

Yeah it seems to be a spate of bike robberies county wide at the moment.

Heard of another two bikes being robbed,no description though.Must be turning into a hobbie for these fellas, I'll keep an eye on Gumtree didn't think of that, cheers gman2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

The bikeshops in town know that a lot of bikes are getting lifted at the moment, and Spokes are doing specials on locks afaik.

Advertisement