Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 ordering process

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Walnutsink

All this talk of cancelling is scaring me! But I did successfully get a nexus 10 so I should be home and dry, right!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Did anyone who had their order cancelled, wallet account locked, who sent their details to google to unlock their wallet, try and order the phone a second time?

I'm half tempted to try it again to see if it works! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

Order placed 6th December at 18.12 and it still hasn`t been cancelled.

Order has been sent to Google.
    Order has been received by Google.

Remain hopeful. Ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Order placed 6th December at 18.12 and it still hasn`t been cancelled.

Order has been sent to Google.
    Order has been received by Google.

Remain hopeful. Ha.
    Why are Google blocking sales to Ireland. Is it to do with the full play store not being available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

Did anyone who used a debit card who were cancelled and got charged anyway get refunded? Just checking before I decide to buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

fredotf2 wrote: »
    Did anyone who used a debit card who were cancelled and got charged anyway get refunded? Just checking before I decide to buy it.

I emailed them straight away when they cancelled as others hadn't got refunded. Had the refund in my account in a few hours, it was a pain having to do that though. There's 1 or 2 people who's orders are still pending, I'd suggest wait and see if they get lucky first.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

so am I right in saying everyone that has ordered a nexus 4 from ireland on the uk store has had the order cancelled? bar the 1 or 2 mentioned above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

My order is still pending with 1-2 weeks delivery showing. Next step should be shipped (based on my recent N10 order). Looking at the UK thread on XDA it seems most orders for the 16 gig N4 are at that status.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 darrenkenny

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    so am I right in saying everyone that has ordered a nexus 4 from ireland on the uk store has had the order cancelled? bar the 1 or 2 mentioned above?

I would think that a bit of an over generalization - but almost certainly most people who created a new Google account specifically to place an order has had theirs cancelled - to be fair this would look very like a SPAM account to Google.

I also get the impression that most of the people who simply updated their addresses appropriately, on an existing Google account and the associated Debit or C/Card accounts are still in the running - for now at least :)

I would think that a bit of an over generalization - but almost certainly most people who created a new Google account specifically to place an order has had theirs cancelled - to be fair this would look very like a SPAM account to Google.

I also get the impression that most of the people who simply updated their addresses appropriately, on an existing Google account and the associated Debit or C/Card accounts are still in the running - for now at least :)

My experience with two recent orders, one shipped and one pending is the exact opposite of the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 darrenkenny

Hmm, don't know then - maybe we should just avoid making any assumptions then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Just checked there. Status changed to pending yesterday.....c'mon Nexus!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

ordered nexus 4 16gb yesterday morn from uk play store via the parcel motel route. hope it works. i wonder do they process orders over the weekend

Surfn wrote: »
    ordered nexus 4 16gb yesterday morn from uk play store via the parcel motel route. hope it works. i wonder do they process orders over the weekend

Just thinking that myself...hope so!

my order just says pending. there must not be too many of them in ireland yet, i havent seen 1 on donedeal anyhow
    the orders that get cancelled, do they reach the pending stage or are they rejected straight away

my order just says pending. there must not be too many of them in ireland yet, i havent seen 1 on donedeal anyhow
    the orders that get cancelled, do they reach the pending stage or are they rejected straight away

I placed two orders before with duplicate gmail accounts, they were cancelled within about two hours.

Then I ordered one two days ago with my real google account that ive made lots of previous purchases on, no cancellation yet. Just pending....

Order sent to google
    Google received your order

well it was my first time buying anything from the playstore, so it was the first time the account is used. pending from yesterday morning.

Order sent to google

well it was my first time buying anything from the playstore, so it was the first time the account is used. pending from yesterday morning.

Order sent to google

So it doesn`t say: Received by Google

Yet?

Yet?

nope i dont think it does 'yet' i will check now though

no it doesnt say received by google, i guess thats the crunch time if it gets cancelled or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Mine reached the pending stage

Yet?

Mine also got that far, was later cancelled, it was 36 hours after I placed the order.

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Mine reached the pending stage

Mine also got that far, was later cancelled, it was 36 hours after I placed the order.

So nice of them to set up their Europe HQ in Dublin, and then not offer the phone to the people of Ireland.

This is what my last order looked like,

Your order has been shipped!
    Dec 3 Google Commerce Ltd charged your VISA xxx for £398.99. "GOOGLE *Google Play" will appear on your billing statement.
    Dec 3 Google Commerce Ltd shipped your order.
    Carrier: Other - Tracking #: 70xxxxxxxxcccc
    Dec 2 Google Commerce Ltd received your order.
    Nov 30 You placed an order with Google Commerce Ltd on Nov 30. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to abcabcabc@gmail.com

My N4 order is at pending and still at the
    Google Commerce Ltd received your order

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    Just checked there. Status changed to pending yesterday.....c'mon Nexus!!!

whats the status on your nexus 4 order today, any changes

Nope, still at order received/pending status.

Can't imagine it being updated 'til during the week (if not cancelled)...

I take it yours is the same..

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    Nope, still at order received/pending status.

Can't imagine it being updated 'til during the week (if not cancelled)...

I take it yours is the same..

mine changed this morn to Google Commerce Ltd received your order
    a step further i guess..... to been cancelled haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭AidanBoland

I ordered on the 4th about 18.00, my order went to received by Google Commerce on the 6th
    Still hasn't been cancelled, surely it would've been by now if it was going to be done?

I ordered on the 4th about 18.00, my order went to received by Google Commerce on the 6th
    Still hasn't been cancelled, surely it would've been by now if it was going to be done?

you would think so anyhow aidan

Whats the news on the handset for release here anyway?
    Has anything at all been said by the carriers?

I'm just waiting to see if people mange to get their N4s before placing an order but would definitely prefer to get it from a shop here instead

• Registered Users Posts: 19 aidanmeaney

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Whats the news on the handset for release here anyway?
    Has anything at all been said by the carriers?

I'm just waiting to see if people mange to get their N4s before placing an order but would definitely prefer to get it from a shop here instead

3 store in Dundrum said they aren't getting it. o2/Vodafone shops didn't seem to confident, Apparently Meteor aren't getting after the lack of sales in the Galaxy Nexus last year. Looking at the o2 forums they have said they have no plans to release it.

Apart from using Parcel Motel and tunnel bear the only way (apart from the few pepole reselling on the net) to get one is to go to Newry and pay the €200 markup in o2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Why is this phone so hard to get here? Any chance the likes of o2 etc don't stock it because it comes without a big 24 month contract? Any chance that it will be more readily available here in the new year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

3 store in Dundrum said they aren't getting it. o2/Vodafone shops didn't seem to confident, Apparently Meteor aren't getting after the lack of sales in the Galaxy Nexus last year. Looking at the o2 forums they have said they have no plans to release it.

Apart from using Parcel Motel and tunnel bear the only way (apart from the few pepole reselling on the net) to get one is to go to Newry and pay the €200 markup in o2.

£389 in CPW in the north. That's a £10 saving on O2's £399.
    Not much difference, but it's still something!
    Plus CPW's one is SIM free, so should not be network locked.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

keith16 wrote: »
    Why is this phone so hard to get here? Any chance the likes of o2 etc don't stock it because it comes without a big 24 month contract? Any chance that it will be more readily available here in the new year?

There is nothing stopping them selling the phone on a contract. Supply is limited and the demand is crazy high so I imagine Google is focusing on it's biggest markets. This happens all the time.

Well thats a balls.

I suppose it would impact sales of the higher priced phones to which they make a higher profit off. Madness though..this could outsell the S3 if given the chance

The Nexus series is more about peddling Android than trying outsell other hardware manufacturers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

They'd peddle Android better if they sold more of these phones to people who want it. I already know two people who wanted it for Xmas but plumped for iPhones because of the availability.

grindle wrote: »
    They'd peddle Android better if they sold more of these phones to people who want it. I already know two people who wanted it for Xmas but plumped for iPhones because of the availability.

Then they couldn't have been too bothered with Android in the first place. There's a rake of Android devices out there.

The manufacturers just put there own UI on top of it eg. Samsung's Touchwiz whereas Nexus devices 'Pure' Android.

They wanted it for the price. They wouldn't be OS fanatics, they just wanted a super cheap high quality phone, saw the story and said "back to the contract iPhone".

I'm waiting for a relative in England to buy mine. Mmm. Cheap phone.

Yeah if this doesn't work out and it gets cancelled like some of them on here, I'll be on to the family unit in Canada!!! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They wanted it for the price. They wouldn't be OS fanatics, they just wanted a super cheap high quality phone, saw the story and said "back to the contract iPhone".

I'm waiting for a relative in England to buy mine. Mmm. Cheap phone.

They could still get a good quality android for a similar price. The S3 mini is about the same price as the nexus and cheaper than the iPhone.

Too late for them, but the S3 mini is a bit more expensive than the Nexus 4 (comparing 8gb prices, a €30 difference?) and the specs aren't anywhere near it. The only plus is the SD storage option. That is a great plus though.

• Advertisement

Too late for them, but the S3 mini is a bit more expensive than the Nexus 4 (comparing 8gb prices, a €30 difference?) and the specs aren't anywhere near it. The only plus is the SD storage option. That is a great plus though.

True but it's still better specced than an equivalently priced iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey lads, really wanted to get this phone for Christmas and have a contact in the UK. I can't check the UK Google store so can anyone tell me how much they are directly from the Google store and if they are in stock please? (if not in stock, any idea when they will be back in?)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭smackyB

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hey lads, really wanted to get this phone for Christmas and have a contact in the UK. I can't check the UK Google store so can anyone tell me how much they are directly from the Google store and if they are in stock please? (if not in stock, any idea when they will be back in?)

Thanks.

£240 for 8GB
    £280 for 16GB

£10 shipping

8GB out of stock and 16GB 5-6 week wait last time I checked.

Thanks Smacky! Ah might go for something else then. I'd get a Samsung Galaxy S II if I could actually find one, they seemed to have just disappeared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭positron

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thanks Smacky! Ah might go for something else then. I'd get a Samsung Galaxy S II if I could actually find one, they seemed to have just disappeared.

€330 here

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

pending...... is killing me lol

markad1 wrote: »
    pending...... is killing me lol

I'd rather see mine stay at pending for a few more days than to see it cancelled.

Looking at this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1973898&page=649
    it looks like not many shipping yet.

I'd rather see mine stay at pending for a few more days than to see it cancelled.

Looking at this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1973898&page=649
    it looks like not many shipping yet.

Still pending is fine with me so! :)

Is anyone here buying multiple to sell on for *small* profits? :) Looking up some on ebay and they are going for mental money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Still pending is fine with me so! :)

some unhappy people there

Advertisement