Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 ordering process

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bren32

Updated my credit card address to parcel motel in northern ireland.

So It should be possible to sign into play uk store and order this phone tomorrow?

Isn't there a bit more to it than just changing the address on the credit card? Can't they tell by the number the country it has been issued from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

bren32 wrote: »
    Isn't there a bit more to it than just changing the address on the credit card? Can't they tell by the number the country it has been issued from?

Probably. Sure will find out 2morrow for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

What about eBay UK? It'll be probably be swamped with them tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Boxfresh wrote: »
    What about eBay UK? It'll be probably be swamped with them tomorrow.
    At higher prices probably rivalling handtec etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Well I just figured out how to do it :)

I have a google wallet account (from when I got my nexus 7 free $25 credit).
    I just added a new card (my visa debit) picked a country, UK obviously, put in the address for my parcel motel in NI.

Then loaded up tunnel bear and switched on UK.
    In to the play store and tried to buy a nexus 7 and its letting me get all the way to the purchase screen. Previously all my cards were greyed out and i couldn't select them.

Here's a pic
    nexus4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GWNiall

lafors wrote: »
    Well I just figured out how to do it :)

I have a google wallet account (from when I got my nexus 7 free $25 credit).
    I just added a new card (my visa debit) picked a country, UK obviously, put in the address for my parcel motel in NI.

Then loaded up tunnel bear and switched on UK.
    In to the play store and tried to buy a nexus 7 and its letting me get all the way to the purchase screen. Previously all my cards were greyed out and i couldn't select them.

Here's a pic
    nexus4.jpg

Just tried this, as I've an account from my Nexus 7's free 25 dollar claim, but it says I've to verify my account by uploading a picture of my ID and a Bill, just did it there, but it takes 3-5 days to be approved.

I have my Debit card linked to my account, can I re-add it with a UK address? Also, is this parcelmotel service reliable, and how does it work? Does it ship to NI and then I can collect it at the one that is closest to me?

GWNiall wrote: »
    Just tried this, as I've an account from my Nexus 7's free 25 dollar claim, but it says I've to verify my account by uploading a picture of my ID and a Bill, just did it there, but it takes 3-5 days to be approved.

I have my Debit card linked to my account, can I re-add it with a UK address? Also, is this parcelmotel service reliable, and how does it work? Does it ship to NI and then I can collect it at the one that is closest to me?

Yeah if you edit your current debit card you should be able to add a new address, I could anyway, then put in the parcel motel address like this (according to their site)
    Your Name
    PMXXXXX (your parcel motel account number), Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PX

Then save details and pick that card as your default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Still not for sale, obviously not 8am then?
    I've also set up my visa debit card as described above, hopefully it works :)

EDIT: Looks like something happening because the page won't load now

Its for sale now but can't get the whole way through the purchase process without it erroring. Site is probably getting hammered

• Advertisement

I got to the final accept and buy screen and then it failed saying start again :( Looks like its sold out now, its like Glastonbury all over again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

Ordered (after a few failed attempts)! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 My Back Pages

Google keep taking it out of my cart. this isn't looking good

Wohoo :) It worked

nex4.jpg

Just kept hitting proceed multiple clicks in a row until google wallet loaded with a spinning circle (it was just loading blank loads of times).

Keep trying and you'll get it. Very few on xda have been able to get through it yet so surely theres still some left.

@lafors: did you get a confirmation email? I haven't received anything from Google

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Austin1

Tried a few times - now when I click on 16GB option I'm told "it's coming soon". Don't tell me it's sold out already!

• Advertisement

wba88 wrote: »
    @lafors: did you get a confirmation email? I haven't received anything from Google

Not yet but I've bought online from them before while in the US and the confirmation email didn't come immediately, I was worried then but not this time :) Don't worry you'll be fine. You have your order number from the success page I presume anyway.

Oh the money has just come out of my bank account (visa debit) so its all gravy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Austin1

Austin1 wrote: »
    Tried a few times - now when I click on 16GB option I'm told "it's coming soon". Don't tell me it's sold out already!

Feck it - it let me order the 8GB version now so I went ahead anyway. Something tells me I'll have no problem selling this on if the lower capacity doesn't suit.

lafors wrote: »
    Not yet but I've bought online from them before while in the US and the confirmation email didn't come immediately, I was worried then but not this time :) Don't worry you'll be fine. You have your order number from the success page I presume anyway.

Oh the money has just come out of my bank account (visa debit) so its all gravy :D
    Thanks for that - my mind is now at ease.

Now we play the waiting game, come on Parcel Motel, this is your chance to prove yourself! (Would love to get the phone before the weekend)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Said purchased but seen no placed order screen

all sold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i take it they dont accept paypal?

• Advertisement

Just got the confirmation email with

"shipped from Barrow Street, Dublin 4"

I hope not!

So frustrating, got to the accept and buy screen around 5 times but it fell over and sent me back to the start each time :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Hoping the lack of LTE means this won't sell out in the states so quick :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

wtf?! so it was 8:15 when they went on sale and they were gone by 8:35?! I didn't even realise they could sell out, didn't consider it, thought surely they would have loads of stock! Anyone got an idea as to how long we could be waiting for stock to become available again??

Checked my orders and i had two in them so had to cancel one of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

You could have made another boardsie happy by offering it here.. ah well, too late now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

positron wrote: »
    You could have made another boardsie happy by offering it here.. ah well, too late now.

Indeed, I would have took it!!

It made me way over drawn on my bank account so had to cancel it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I'd planned on picking up one of these for myself and one for a mate but lost my wallet with my credit card on Thursday. It's at least a little nice to know that they sold out before I woke up.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pages

Sold out before i woke too :(

Just to confirm everyone else is still seeing the "Coming Soon" sign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Ebay had one, 16GB, for €400 shipped.
    Ebay and I came to an agreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

Sold out Australia too I read somewhere.

Someone should organize a facebook/twitter flash mob of Nexus 4 buyers at Google's Barrow Street office - imagine a large group of people swarming Google with cash in their hand shouting 'take my money'. It would be like a real life version of Google Play store this morning.

I think the positive thing to take from this for those who didn't get one this morning is that if there is any quality control issues or the likes for early adopters then we've dodged a bullet. Having said that I'd still buy one now if I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

i know its sold out at the moment but is the following correct?

- change credit card billing address to a uk address ( does it matter what address i use??)

- turn on tunnel bear to get to the uk google store

- deliver to the mallusk address on the parcel motel website?

any help would be great, still a bit confused with what to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

are they available to buy if you are in the USA?
    im in work and cant get on to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

mel123 wrote: »
    are they available to buy if you are in the USA?
    im in work and cant get on to check.

Dont think they are on sale yet, but are expected very soon.

Texted the GF telling her to try at 8am their time, no response though, think she may sleep through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

TPD wrote: »
    Texted the GF telling her to try at 8am their time, no response though, think she may sleep through it.

It's supposed to be available from 9am Pacific Time from what I've seen on other forums so you might be safe yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

so there is no fear of it being locked to any network or need any modification if u get it from UK/USA, its ready to go once its out of the box and sim card in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

mel123 wrote: »
    so there is no fear of it being locked to any network or need any modification if u get it from UK/USA, its ready to go once its out of the box and sim card in?

yip, there is only 1 model of this phone and it works on GSM. The only issue you may have is with your SIM card, it take a mini-SIM.

No luck getting a 16gb from US store, she'd going to try again in 20 minutes or so. I think I'll be waiting till the next batch though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Sold out in the US playstore both sizes story from The Verge, will have to wait until the next batch.

anybody hear anything about when the next batch will be available??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

mystic86 wrote: »
    anybody hear anything about when the next batch will be available??
    Yeah 2 weeks!

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Yeah 2 weeks!

where did you hear that??

• Advertisement

£400 on pay as you go on O2 UK website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

mystic86 wrote: »
    where did you hear that??
    I just said it out loud.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I just said it out loud.

good man yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

£400 on pay as you go on O2 UK website

And so it is ... wow

http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/pay_and_go/High/LG/Nexus%204

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

and now you know why they are sold out also :P
    mobile operators probably stuck in a bump for a load of them. very strange o2 in uk are stocking it like that when u can buy it through store easily in uk anyways.
    anyone getting that phone will probably be aware of that fact...

• Advertisement
Advertisement