Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 ordering process

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pages

gdon wrote: »
    I used my Irish visa debit card with a UK delivery address via parcel motel. I needed a UK VPN to get access to the Google play uk. For payment Google play wouldn't initially accept the Irish debit card. So I simply followed on the screen steps and added my current Irish visa debit card as a UK card. This card was exactly the same as my irish card I.e. all my Irish details were identical accept I had to add a UK post code as it wouldn't accept an Irish one. After that I was able to select my Irish debit card with the UK postcode for payment. I tested buying an app in sterling from UK play store and it worked perfectly. I then bought the N4. Their is no need to change billing address of your credit/debit card.

The N4 order went through and was accepted and I got an email today saying they have now dispatched the N4 wooha!

I love you

• Registered Users Posts: 23 darrenkenny

Does any one know if any networks here are going to be selling the nexus 4?

I tried asking in shops, but got zero response - one even said things like 'we never stock LGs...'

The play store was really a fiasco - at least 3 times I had one in my basket, and was checking out only to have an error show up when I clicked on the pay button.

Thanks,

Darren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Whereabouts in Google play is the phone listed..even if it is as "sold out".....??

thks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

Waiting with trepidation here for the Nexus 4 to come back in stock AND for Parcel Motel to open up in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 darrenkenny

Whereabouts in Google play is the phone listed..even if it is as "sold out".....??

thks

You would need to be accessing the UK play store, via a VPN, or an office proxy (for multi-national companies).

If you are able to this, you can find it at:

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

You would need to be accessing the UK play store, via a VPN, or an office proxy (for multi-national companies).

If you are able to this, you can find it at:

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb

Aha..forgot the proxy bit :o ...thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Just added my AIB Visa Debit card, I set the address as the same as my home address, except ending with Uk and with a UK post code and then tried to buy a book.

This is what I got

mHuDQ.png

Can the person who did this originally (or anyone else who has done it since) please clarify exactly what you did?

Hmm interesting, it did let me buy an app using it, but not a book, will also let my buy a movie. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 3bs

Pages wrote: »
    I love you

Does that mean it worked for you too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Shipping put back 3 weeks fecking joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Got the same email, really pissed off >:(
    Wtf are they doing, barely anyone is able to order one and then they don't have enough stock to cover the few that actually got an order in. They better do something for us!

3bs wrote: »
    Does that mean it worked for you too?

No I haven't actually tried yet.

Was trying it there but it seems the delivery address i enter isn't valid because the post code for Co Fermanagh ( where it'll be delivered) isn't valid
    Seems BT92 which i got from google isn't valid.

Any ideas anyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Well they ebay guy didn't work out sadly. He was real nice about it though and got a refund instantly.

Pages wrote: »
    No I haven't actually tried yet.

Was trying it there but it seems the delivery address i enter isn't valid because the post code for Co Fermanagh ( where it'll be delivered) isn't valid
    Seems BT92 which i got from google isn't valid.

Any ideas anyone ?

I used the post code
    so15 ohx
    Edit: didn't realise it was a delivery address, so never mind.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If true, that really is a joke. Google and their partners (LG in this instance) should really have enough of a supply to meet initial demand before they launch a flagship product. In a world where there is a new iteration every 12 months and the development cycle is so short, it's inexcusable to have a 3 week+ delay at the start of a product launch.

I'm glad now I decided to stick with my Galaxy Nexus for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Might start looking at the Lumia 920 again?

Found the answer , BT92 9JZ was the correct post code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Might start looking at the Lumia 920 again?

Thanks I needed that to cheer me up :)
    Might post it on xda for all the others in pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gdon

Nolimits wrote: »
    Just to clarify, you just stuck a Uk post code onto your Irish address? I take it your country was listed as UK in the address or did you leave Ireland there?

I added another billing address for my irish credit card by selecting country uk adding exactly same irish creditcard info accept uk post code.. Note google doesnt deliver to isle of man and some other uk regions so pick postal number some where in england or Northern Ireland. Note my delivery address was UK as per parcel motel instructions.

All 3 devices have shipped wooha

Nolimits wrote: »
    Hmm interesting, it did let me buy an app using it, but not a book, will also let my buy a movie. Nice.

That interesting, I have bought apps via UK play store but not books. I will have a look later. After changing info in Google wallet it's important to reboot tablet then login to UK vpn before going to the play store. Note that I use to be able buy movies on the US play store but as they have rolled out Google wallet you can't use non US cards. As it verifies your credit card number against your address and if it's not US it won't add to Google wallet. The weird thing is, if the app or book is available in Irish play store you can buy it which your Irish credit card in euros.

• Advertisement

Whoa,

Got an email from parcel motel 3.45am.
    Lol couldn't wait and went down to collect my new N4.
    Being playing with it all night. Its superb.

So just to confirm because this was the first time I ever used parcel motel or VPN to order hardware via Google play from a different country, that it all worked fine no issues!.And I am very happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

Jammy git. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Whoa,

Got an email from parcel motel 3.45am.
    Lol couldn't wait and went down to collect my new N4.
    Being playing with it all night. Its superb.

So just to confirm because this was the first time I ever used parcel motel or VPN to order hardware via Google play from a different country, that it all worked fine no issues!.And I am very happy!

can you post back with your opinions after you have tried it out? especially regarding clicking issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭beardo81

Looking at sterling and dollar rates, could you save €50 or so if you knew someone visiting the USA or that could post from there? Would there be any issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

beardo81 wrote: »
    Looking at sterling and dollar rates, could you save €50 or so if you knew someone visiting the USA or that could post from there? Would there be any issues?

$350 turned out to be €295ish after bank charges. Hopefully I can snag one now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

If they brought it over from the US themselves you would pay no VAT or Customs Duty once it's under €430 (and they are not importing other items of value). If they posted it, you will pay VAT (once's it's over €22) and Customs Duty on top of this (once it's over €150). Even if you declare it as a gift you will pay VAT once it's over €45, and Customs Duty applies as well if it's over €150.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

a mate was asking me the same. you will get hit with customs afaik. i would like to know exactly how much though..
    i looked at the customs website and from what i can see if its marked as a gift you just have to pay 2.5% on it, so it equates to around 6 euro.. if thats the case its definately worth doing, EDIT: just seen above comment... guess theres vat also :/ and if you have someone over in the us it would be a lot easier wire them the money than going about changing credit card addresses etc...
    goodluck in getting it anyways :)
    id really like to try out this phone!

j4vier wrote: »

can you post back with your opinions after you have tried it out? especially regarding clicking issues

Not sure what you mean by clicking issues.I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. It fast as hell an buttery smooth. One weird thing is the reporting of WiFi speed it says 9mb when I am on 100mb. I still have my S3and check that and it reported 65mb. This just seems a display bug as speeds tests were same on both systems. Will let you know if I spot anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1989561&page=2

this guy here reports some clicking issues and I am hoping its just a dodgy batch that o2 got

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭beardo81

If they brought it over from the US themselves you would pay no VAT or Customs Duty once it's under €430 (and they are not importing other items of value). If they posted it, you will pay VAT (once's it's over €22) and Customs Duty on top of this (once it's over €150). Even if you declare it as a gift you will pay VAT once it's over €45, and Customs Duty applies as well if it's over €150.

Have a brother in the States, if he unpacked it and just sent the phone on its own, no charger or anything in a (well) padded envelope would they still be able to hit for customs or vat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Have a brother in the States, if he unpacked it and just sent the phone on its own, no charger or anything in a (well) padded envelope would they still be able to hit for customs or vat?

Yes, if customs intercept it, and if they do they'll just pick a figure, question it and they'll tell you it's a stationary fee. It happened me before. It's best to find someone coming home and get them bring it home in their hand luggage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Will be interested in battery performance as the n4's is sealed.

Not sure what you mean by clicking issues.I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. It fast as hell an buttery smooth. One weird thing is the reporting of WiFi speed it says 9mb when I am on 100mb. I still have my S3and check that and it reported 65mb. This just seems a display bug as speeds tests were same on both systems. Will let you know if I spot anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Did google give you the option to put parcel motel as the delivery address during the payment process. As you said your payment details were Irish details but with a UK postcode. I did the same and was able to buy app so hopefully am ready.

P.S I still have very good info that the play store for devices is launching here before end November !!

I added another billing address for my irish credit card by selecting country uk adding exactly same irish creditcard info accept uk post code.. Note google doesnt deliver to isle of man and some other uk regions so pick postal number some where in england or Northern Ireland. Note my delivery address was UK as per parcel motel instructions.

All 3 devices have shipped wooha

pmsurveys wrote: »

P.S I still have very good info that the play store for devices is launching here before end November !!

I seriously doubt this is true. They won't sell devices here until they can sell music, tv and movies and they only just announced a few new countries in Europe are getting them. If we're lucky we might get it in the next year.

I really hope you're right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seaders

I'm not sure if it's against the rules, but if we can talk about VPNs, what ones have people used? I used one's free trial (won't share which one 'till I know it's ok to) which worked perfectly, played BBC iPlayer and the like without issue, but still showed the dollar price for the Nexus, not sterling. I've not been able to see any other version of this page other than the US one, so I've no idea if this is the norm / correct way for it to show.

As for Google not notifying when it's gonna be back in stock, they aren't but http://whohas.it/g/247 are. They do email and iOS push notifications which is cool (they don't have an Android app yet which is irritating...), so hopefully they'll notify as soon as it comes back in store.

• Advertisement

Did google give you the option to put parcel motel as the delivery address during the payment process.

Yes you can add multiple delivery addresses and choose the UK parcel motel one. If you try to use am Irish address it will give u an error

seaders wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's against the rules, but if we can talk about VPNs, what ones have people used? I used one's free trial (won't share which one 'till I know it's ok to) which worked perfectly, played BBC iPlayer and the like without issue, but still showed the dollar price for the Nexus, not Sterling.

You need make sure its a UK vpn . I haven't tried using DNS like unblock us. As that will allow BBC iPlayer but play store is in us dollars. Try UK VPN from panda pow they have a free trial and that worked for me. Remember when change vpns reboot device as Google play resides in memory on phone or tablet once open. To switch different country u need to switch off, switch on select VPN and then go to Google play.

Will be interested in battery performance as the n4's is sealed.

I actually also got N10 so that has sucked up a lot of my playing time lol. But battery life seems OK, I still have my S3 and it does appear the N4 doesn't last as long. But need more testing before I can rely say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

I need to get a new phone for Christmas and I was banking on this one. However with the whole ordering from UK, proxies and uncertainty of stock, I'm thinking it just might prove too much trouble than it's worth. I'm now wondering if the old galaxy nexus is still worth getting at this stage in it's life cycle? Or would it be worth all the hassle to get the 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GWNiall

Tried ordering a bumper to see if I could add my Visa card, but when it asks for a shipping address, it also asks for a phone number. What phone number am I to use if I am using Parcel Motel? Tried a few online, and a few generated ones, as well as my own Irish one, but none work. Selected United Kindom, but don't know a number, and it won't let me proceed without one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Walnutsink

Has anyone successfully bought one of these (either 4,7 or 10) with an Irish credit card? I'm in the US, changed my billing address at the bank end and in Google wallet but when I try for the 10 I get an error. Still waiting on a reply from Google on it...surprise surprise!

Walnutsink wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully bought one of these (either 4,7 or 10) with an Irish credit card? I'm in the US, changed my billing address at the bank end and in Google wallet but when I try for the 10 I get an error. Still waiting on a reply from Google on it...surprise surprise!

Yeap worked for me using parcel motel uk as delivery address with uk phone number and adding my irish debit card as a uk card with uk post code. I bought both N10 and N4
    see thread on boards.ie N4 and N10 for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭belmulletman

Hmm... maybe THIS announcement about Google signing a Europe wide music deal with major labels could lead credibility to the possibility of the devices store launching here soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Walnutsink wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully bought onbe of these (either 4,7 or 10) with an Irish credit card? I'm in the US, changed my billing address at the bank end and in Google wallet but when I try for the 10 I get an error. Still waiting on a reply from Google on it...surprise surprise!

Think I read on here recently that the US store does a checkagainst the card that the UK one doesn't do. I stand to be corrected though!

EDIT: I was on play store through a US proxy and they only had a N7 available. Think it was US proxy in work because it was a .com domain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

so is there any less painfull way of getting it then jaming 10 razor blades up your hole?

any retailer that posts here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

so is there any less painfull way of getting it then jaming 10 razor blades up your hole?

pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Walnutsink

Keith186 wrote: »
    Think I read on here recently that the US store does a checkagainst the card that the UK one doesn't do. I stand to be corrected though!

EDIT: I was on play store through a US proxy and they only had a N7 available. Think it was US proxy in work because it was a .com domain

That would explain it alright. Just have to speak very nicely to one of the guys here to let me use his cc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

54kroc wrote: »
    pmsl

really?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Only thing is retailer will charge full price

eg o2 are charging £400 for the 8gb version but if you have the money you could go down that route

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Take this with a pinch of salt if you wish, but the device store might well be open in Ireland come December.

• Advertisement
Advertisement