Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing in Kilkenny

Options
  • 31-10-2012 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

Anyone involved in or can recommend a beginner-friendly club for an adult beginner? Did i hear somewhere that there a new club in the watershed?

Not too keen to get my face pounded in, just like the idea of the high level of fitness / training.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

St. Patrick's Boxing Club operates out of the Watershed. Here's their number 086 6012662.

The Watershed also offers Cardio Boxing as part of their Aerobics classes. That might be better for you since you're not looking to be a Boxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Thanks for the reply - are you a member of Patricks and what's the story with beginners if so?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Dragons lair in hebron industrial estate is great for fitness and training also.
    Very friendly and popular i found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sky King wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply - are you a member of Patricks and what's the story with beginners if so?

You're Welcome Sky King. I'm not a member. I saw the Flyer for the club around town. I was interested in them too. The article in the Kilkenny People did say they would cater to all levels so no one is out of their depth though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KK1234

Sky King my son attends St Patricks Boxing Club in the Watershed and I can highly recommend it. Initially he intended joining just for fitness but has since got a real interest in the boxing and loves it there. It is really well run and a great setup and as JohnMc1 said it caters for all different levels of ability even in the younger group my son is in.

I have noticed there is a good range of age groups and ability in the older group too while waiting for my lad to finish up, you should give them a call or drop up I know they are still open to new members and just for clarity I'm not linked into them in anyway other than my lad really enjoys it so happy to recommend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement