Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suit Hire, Dublin

Options
  • 31-10-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I have an interview tomorrow at 12 o clock that I received at short notice. My suits are down the country so I will need to hire one at short notice. Can anybody recommend a place that I can walk into, try on the suit and hire it without having to book an appointment? Thanks a million.

Preferably city centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

tbh you can go to pennys or dunnes get a shirt/slacks, jacket shoes all about €60 or there abouts at lease you have it in dublin

there's is a place on Aston Place just around the corner from Aston Quay

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

mtjm wrote: »
    tbh you can go to pennys or dunnes get a shirt/slacks, jacket shoes all about €60 or there abouts at lease you have it in dublin

there's is a place on Aston Place just around the corner from Aston Quay

To be honest I priced them on Dunnes website and the whole lot would cost around €150. Dunnes must be coming up in the world!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Try black tie, they may be able to help you. Theres one on Westmoreland Street. I used them to rent a tux for trinity ball, can't recommend them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Charity shop? Oxfam and Enable Ireland on George's St come to mind. Should get a decent suit for €25.

Or, you could try a dry cleaners, who might have a few suits left past their stated collection period...

Not your ornery onager

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Tango's in Templebar have nice day suits and you shouldnt need an appointment but are going to pay between 80e -150e to hire the suit.

You are better off heading to TK Maxx, you will get a decent suit in there for about 100e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

MarkMc wrote: »
    Try black tie, they may be able to help you. Theres one on Westmoreland Street. I used them to rent a tux for trinity ball, can't recommend them enough.

Black Tie are a shower of absolute cnuts. Brother used their Westmoreland St shop for his wedding, gave him size 11 shoes instead of 8, my shoes had what looked like puke or curry stains on them, my da's shirt was about 4 sizes too big and had a big ink stain on it.
    Stupidly used them again for mourning suits for my mother's funeral cos we hadn't time to go anywhere else, this time the Dorset street branch. Told us the suits would be ready at 2 the day of the removal which was at 5. Went down to collect them, was told they wouldn't have them til 4. Felt like thrashing the place.
    Bunch of amateurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Black Tie are a shower of absolute cnuts. Brother used their Westmoreland St shop for his wedding, gave him size 11 shoes instead of 8, my shoes had what looked like puke or curry stains on them, my da's shirt was about 4 sizes too big and had a big ink stain on it.
    Stupidly used them again for mourning suits for my mother's funeral cos we hadn't time to go anywhere else, this time the Dorset street branch. Told us the suits would be ready at 2 the day of the removal which was at 5. Went down to collect them, was told they wouldn't have them til 4. Felt like thrashing the place.
    Bunch of amateurs.

Second this. For two debs I had dirty shirts from them. And one of the suit buttons was at the bottom of the bag when I got home. Wouldn't mind but when its 100 quid a rental, I'd expect a bit of quality!

If you want to look well go to tangos. They know their stuff.
    Or else head to M&S. What you'd spend on a suit rental from black tie would nearly buy you a decent suit there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Black Tie are the best bar none. I worked there and have since hired from them many times. No one comes close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Opinions on Black Tie are very black and white it would seem. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Bunch of amateurs.

They are a joke.
    A friend used them for a wedding and very similiar to your tale, dirty shirts ill fitting trousers jackets.

I was going to use them for my graduation but when i went to collect my suit they tried to tell me that the loose fitting large at the shoulders jacket was they way it was menat to be.

I didnt take it and wont ever use them again.
    Lazy and liars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Piliger wrote: »
    Black Tie are the best bar none. I worked there and have since hired from them many times. No one comes close.
    I'm sure an ex-member of staff would be looked after, and would know enough not to leave the shop with dirty/shoddy gear....

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement