Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flock The Vote - Get Crossover Free for a year [Run Windows Software on Linux/Mac]

Options
  • 31-10-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Run Windows Software/Games on Linux or Apple Computer Machines.

http://flock.codeweavers.com/
    Thousands of Titles!

CrossOver can run many different Windows applications. Use this database to find out if your favorite software works under CrossOver.
    Easy Installs!

Many Windows titles can be installed using our CrossTie technology. If you have CrossOver installed, and have the installer for your Windows software, simply click the button_c4p.png button in our Compatibility Database, and CrossOver will automatically install your application for you!

10,481 applications in database.
    1,632 gold medal applications in database.
    1,190 1-click install via CrossTie applications in database.
    415,131 total CrossTie downloads to date.
    e-Sword is the top downloaded CrossTie with 63,755 downloads.
    Star Wars: The Old Republic is the top voted application with 333 votes.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Nice find thanks, downloading as I type. What's the catch (if there is one)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

mathepac wrote: »
    Nice find thanks, downloading as I type. What's the catch (if there is one)?

None i can find.. :) I've looked, read everything. I'd say the catch is next year, when you want to keep it, you'll have to pay €51. Hopefully by then, it'll be cheaper/free/a lot more software will run natively..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Why not just Run Windows Software/Games on Windows ?

21/25

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

uch wrote: »
    Why not just Run Windows Software/Games on Windows ?

Windows costs money, I suppose though this service costs €51 per year so it would be probably cheaper in the long run to buy an windows license instead

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

The catch is this won't work 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Which specific feature in what application or game won't work, in your experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Anything demanding like modern AAA directx games won't work properly. Same with WINE (http://www.winehq.org/). This software just looks like a wrapper around wine tbh.

Games that use OpenGL will probably work ok, but these games usually come with a linux version anyway...

Advertisement