Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Invalid

Options
  • 31-10-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭

I was trying to use my laser card in Tesco earlier on, the payment failed. So I checked two ATMs in the Omni Shopping Centre, I was told both times, that the card is 'invalid'.

Can't understand that, it was working fine on Monday, got my groceries from Tesco Online yesterday without problems. The expiry date is July 2013.

Is this a well known issue?

It never happened to me before :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It is quite possible that you were issues a Visa Debit car to replace the Laser card - Laser is being phased out.

Check with Banking 365 or your branch.

Is your address up to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Got on to the hotline, they told me, the Visa card was sent out in July. Never got it, though they have the correct address.

Have to go to my local branch tomorrow then.

Looks like, there will be a problem with the online shopping next week, or will I have the new card until Tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Lars1916,

If you have ordered the card today, hopefully you will receive the card by Tuesday. We would normally advise it can take 6 - 8 working days to receive a Visa Debit card as it is sent through An Post. The pin can remain the same as your previous card.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi Lars1916,

If you have ordered the card today, hopefully you will receive the card by Tuesday. We would normally advise it can take 6 - 8 working days to receive a Visa Debit card as it is sent through An Post. The pin can remain the same as your previous card.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi Linda

Thanks for your reply.

I rang yesterday, so hopefully I have the card on Tuesday. But who sends them out anyway? My local branch?

But what is striking me is, a card was sent out to me in July, I was not aware of that at all. Do you know, if there is a way to complain against An Post? The letter from July with the card got lost, I guess :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Lars1916.

All our cards are produced and posted from our Card Production Centre.

We would not be aware of how An Post handle their complaints, you would need to contact them directly.

Thanks for your post.
    Laura

• Advertisement

I was with my local branch anyway, the problem might be, that the card was sent out at around the same time, I changed address...and it takes 10-14 days, for the process to go through.

Seems like, the VISA card went to the old address, and the owner just dumped the letter, instead of sending it back to the Bank :confused:

Advertisement