Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Utd v Dundalk. RSC Fri @ 7:45

Options
  • 31-10-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Hopefully it'll be a dry night Friday & a huge crowd will turn up to cheer on the Blues!

It's time Waterford was back in the big time in Irish football.

It's time for the hardcore & the casual fans (like myself) to unite & get behind the team.

C'MON BLUES!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

P.S. only 10 spons in on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Hope to see a FULL HOUSE on friday nite for the 2nd leg.. It,s about time the Waterford public got behind this team, a lot of young local lads starting to be brought through on this side, playing some lovely football.
    It,s about time The Blues got back to the top flight, where they belong.
    So...
    Come to the RSC on Friday nite and be the "12th man"..
    C,MON THE BLUES !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

skaface wrote: »
    Hope to see a FULL HOUSE on friday nite for the 2nd leg.. It,s about time the Waterford public got behind this team, a lot of young local lads starting to be brought through on this side, playing some lovely football.
    It,s about time The Blues got back to the top flight, where they belong.
    So...
    Come to the RSC on Friday nite and be the "12th man"..
    C,MON THE BLUES !!!!!

I am getting behind the team but the standard of football is terrible, hard to watch but for the sake of local pride I try to get behind them.

1st leg up in Dundalk was very entertaining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

this Aussie rugger bugger will be heading down (unless it's raining)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Right folks we need to get out in our droves and support this team for on final push into the top flight. Dont leave me down now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

old gregg wrote: »
    this Aussie rugger bugger will be heading down (unless it's raining)

WE got TWO covered stands think you will be alright!!

decies wrote: »
    WE got TWO covered stands think you will be alright!!

I'll be alright if someone fires up the barbie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Wrap up well as its probably the coldest place in the country :) looking forward to a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

C,MON THE BLUES... Not long now:D :D

We won,t feel da cold tomorrow nite, Atmosphere at RSC will be Red Hot !!!
    No excuses for there not to be a Full House tomorrow nite people ...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

comeraghs wrote: »
    Hopefully it'll be a dry night Friday & a huge crowd will turn up to cheer on the Blues!

It's time Waterford was back in the big time in Irish football.

It's time for the hardcore & the casual fans (like myself) to unite & get behind the team.

C'MON BLUES!

I dont think Soccer in Waterford will ever be united. There seems to be too much of them and us between Waterford Untied and the Junior League. I could be wrong saying that, but i remember Matt Keane saying on WLR on Saturday earlier in the season that there was a them and us thing between the two, but it is something that will always be there.

Bye the way, Best of luck to Waterford tomorrow evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭SPQRI

The days of the Junior League ruling the roost are long gone!
    Young players know the only way to get ahead in local soccer is through the LOI clubs. We'll see plenty of this team plying their trade in England in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Hi, I have a couple of questions is some kind soul will help me out.

Are you able to avail of the €6 concession entry if you're unemployed? If so would a slip from the post office be sufficient 'evidence' as I have nothing else?

Where would be the best place to sit tomorrow night for some craic and banter, singing etc?
    I've been to a few league games at the RSC this season when the crowds were small but the last time I was at a game with a full house was the cup final against Bohs, I sat on the Cork road side stand and it was awfully quiet there.

Thanks for any advice.
    Really looking forward to this ready to roar my lungs out to help get them over the line this time, come on you Blues!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Is any channel showing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

JPA wrote: »
    Is any channel showing this?
    Think I saw Setanta advertising it

Yip! It's on Setanta!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Hi, I have a couple of questions is some kind soul will help me out.

Are you able to avail of the €6 concession entry if you're unemployed? If so would a slip from the post office be sufficient 'evidence' as I have nothing else?

Where would be the best place to sit tomorrow night for some craic and banter, singing etc?
    I've been to a few league games at the RSC this season when the crowds were small but the last time I was at a game with a full house was the cup final against Bohs, I sat on the Cork road side stand and it was awfully quiet there.

Thanks for any advice.
    Really looking forward to this ready to roar my lungs out to help get them over the line this time, come on you Blues!!!!

Concession is for unemployed or OAP with ID. Think that means Social Welfare Card! Don't you need card to get your money?

As for the best place to sit, Block E in the Old Stand (Cork Rd side) is where the singers and drummers go. Best crack will be anywhere in Block D or E to be near those boys.

Dundalk fans being put in New Stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

prediction: a penalty shoot out..
    flip of a coin couldnt call it.

Not the result anyone in Waterford would have wanted. Flippin' freezing down there as expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

a shur at least the finishing 11 can put the team photo next yo their debs pix, to many inexperienced when the premier boys came to town...

I'd know nothing about soccer but it did seem like boys v men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭SPQRI

old gregg wrote: »
    I'd know nothing about soccer but it did seem like boys v men

To be fair it was all about experience which we didn't have enough of.A big thanks to all involved at Waterford United for a terrific but terrible end to the season. We'll see ye all later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

scout353 wrote: »
    Concession is for unemployed or OAP with ID. Think that means Social Welfare Card! Don't you need card to get your money?

As for the best place to sit, Block E in the Old Stand (Cork Rd side) is where the singers and drummers go. Best crack will be anywhere in Block D or E to be near those boys.

Dundalk fans being put in New Stand!

Thanks for that.

Great to see the big turnout, pity about the result.:(

Blues were definately on top for the first half an hour or so playing some good football and it always felt like they were going to have to capitalize on that which unfortunately they couldn't. Looked a clear foul on Seanie aswell when he got booked for diving, anyone see it on the box? A pen would have changed the whole game.

Was kinds funny when Rafter fell over in front of us when trying to celebrate in front of blues fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Gutted. Players had a great season especially considering a slow start to the season. Pity they had to play off with longford too, stupid really, we were second so we should automatically go to playoff. Saw dundalk mgr on telly during week saying they had been concentrating on this game for the last 4 weeks, effectively, they had given up on their league games and could rest and get ready for the blues.

Anyway, not bitter to Dundalk, just gutted for mgt and players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Good point. 3 crucial games in a week is a ridiculous way to decide a team's future.

So much wrong with the league of ireland at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Looked a clear foul on Seanie aswell when he got booked for diving, anyone see it on the box? A pen would have changed the whole game.

I was about 15 yards away and he was touched.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Dissapointing to hear the Waterford United Manager on the 12 noon news on WLR showing sour grapes. He knew the rules before the season started. The bottom team in the Premier Division takes on the runner up in Division One in a two way play off to see which plays in the Premier Division next season. Going on now asking how the bottom team could remain in the league and asking the FAI or whoever to explain it, to me sounds a little bitter. Maybe the rules changes in midstream when Monaghan went out of the league. If they did, then he may have a small point, but if they did not, and I doubt they did because all results against Monaghan became null and void, it does seem very much sour grapes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

He's right though. The whole system is a shambles, run by people that are bitter that they're not being paid enough. Don't think anyone cares about the league of ireland anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

I was told today that an 11 year old from Dundalk got hit by a bottle that was thrown bay Dundalk fan any truth in this ?

Advertisement