Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Utd v Dundalk. RSC Fri @ 7:45

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Gutted after last nite, i think the lads didn,t do themselves justice last nite... maybe it was the big crowd that brings pressure with it. We never got going at all, and seemed to be trying too hard.
    Well done to Dundalk, better side on the nite..

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Gutted after last nite, i think the lads didn,t do themselves justice last nite... maybe it was the big crowd that brings pressure with it. We never got going at all, and seemed to be trying too hard.
    Well done to Dundalk, better side on the nite..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Nypd wrote: »
    I was told today that an 11 year old from Dundalk got hit by a bottle that was thrown bay Dundalk fan any truth in this ?

A bottle was thrown by a Dundalk fan and smashed behind a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭achiman

So Bogball is doing the the damage to the beautiful game in the southeast

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I was told today that an 11 year old from Dundalk got hit by a bottle that was thrown bay Dundalk fan any truth in this ?

It wouldn't surprise me now. Up in Dundalk the stewards had to take bottles off the pitch on numerous occasions that were thrown from the home fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

5-6 players on twitter thanking the club for the past year and waving bye bye. Don't think they'll be pushing for promotion next year. Hope I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭SPQRI

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Blues could go up yet, Be very harsh on Dundalk though! Both up???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Both up would work with only 7 teams in the Premier League next year but could never happen cause it would be just too embarrassing for the FAI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

If Dundalk broke the rules then they should face the consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

How come it only came to light that the player was not registered right after the second game which Waterford lost. I am sure whoever it was that discovered this knew with some time and it smells a little of sour grapes at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Black Suir wrote: »
    How come it only came to light that the player was not registered right after the second game which Waterford lost. I am sure whoever it was that discovered this knew with some time and it smells a little of sour grapes at this point.

Agree with you.
    Also would it not be the fault of the FAI administrators who processed his transfers?
    Don't think it's anything to blame Dundalk for as the FAI should have checked at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

folks up in Dundalk are unhappy campers . Warning, only click link if you can get a laugh out of this 'cos they are livid :p
    http://www.orielweb.com/dundalktalk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9110

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

I find this appeal by Waterford United to be pathetic.They were in a great position but they blew it.They couldn't beat Dundalk on the pitch suck it up and move on.Waterford United should quit their bellyaching and take their beating!

I heard last night that Bray W' are in financial trouble & might
    not be available for next year. Dundalk are also in financial trouble
    being unable to pay players wages.

Watch this space...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Stop spreading rumours , the club is not even close to be ready to play at a higher level anyway . The tie was blown in the first leg, we are where we deserve to be. Players or coaches not up to it in the last few years .

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

decies wrote: »
    Stop spreading rumours , the club is not even close to be ready to play at a higher level anyway . The tie was blown in the first leg, we are where we deserve to be. Players or coaches not up to it in the last few years .

It's kinda catch 22 really, you don't get out of the first division you don't get the gates, you don't get the gates you don't get the bigger players, you don't get the players you don't get out of the first division......

It's kinda catch 22 really, you don't get out of the first division you don't get the gates, you don't get the gates you don't get the bigger players, you don't get the players you don't get out of the first division......

True but Waterford United weren't good enough to win promotion on the pitch this year.Instead of bringing the sport into farce with appeals (say for instance if Waterford win their appeal we'll have the whole country appealing results!) the players and management should be concentrating on putting it right next year.Do you want success to be handed to you on a plate or something!Success is something that's earned between those white lines.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I don't see a problem. Rules are rules and if it was Waterford that broke them than you can be sure a complaint would be made against us.

Dundalk had two extra games to play. Waterford had four. They were fantastic and did very well in the first three matches, but it didn't work out for them in the last. No doubt the preparation time that Dundalk had helped them significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

Sully wrote: »
    I don't see a problem. Rules are rules and if it was Waterford that broke them than you can be sure a complaint would be made against us.

Dundalk had two extra games to play. Waterford had four. They were fantastic and did very well in the first three matches, but it didn't work out for them in the last. No doubt the preparation time that Dundalk had helped them significantly.

how were they fantastic in three games?..they played against ten men for the majority of the game in oriel and couldnt take advantage..they should of put dundalk to bed that night and should of bar they missed chance after chance.

i dont think the preparation time can be used an an excuse at all tbh..its clutching at straws.

• Advertisement

True but Waterford United weren't good enough to win promotion on the pitch this year.Instead of bringing the sport into farce with appeals (say for instance if Waterford win their appeal we'll have the whole country appealing results!) the players and management should be concentrating on putting it right next year.Do you want 'success to be handed to you' on a plate or something!Success is something that's earned between those white lines.

You're obviously a True Blue who has attended many games in the RSC this season. Would you ever then F**K *** & spout your minimalist knowledge to someone who bloody cares!

SPQRI wrote: »
    You're obviously a True Blue who has attended many games in the RSC this season. Would you ever then F**K *** & spout your minimalist knowledge to someone who bloody cares!

Im speaking as a neutral who wanted Waterford to win.The team lost on the pitch.They were in a winning position but they blew it.Just build a bridge and move on and earn your success on the pitch.

Im speaking as a neutral who wanted Waterford to win.

There's an oxymoron if I ever heard one!

Have to say I agree with Sully if a rule has been broken (and its a big rule btw) Dundalk should be punished.

I love when the bar stollers come out and spout off about not being good enough etc.
    Try play 4 games very close to each other and see how you fair out on the 4th game.

It's a young team and built mainly out of local talent they did very well this season.
    So they didn't quite make it but hey that's football right , the over paid ponces across the water don't get it right all the time either.
    BTID

Have to say I agree with Sully if a rule has been broken (and its a big rule btw) Dundalk should be punished.

I love when the bar stollers come out and spout off about not being good enough etc.
    Try play 4 games very close to each other and see how you fair out on the 4th game.

It's a young team and built mainly out of local talent they did very well this season.
    So they didn't quite make it but hey that's football right , the over paid ponces across the water don't get it right all the time either.
    BTID

The overpaid ponces across the Water can take their beating without resorting to appeals.If my team can't earn success on the pitch i would rather try and put it right the next year on the pitch instead of dragging the sport into farce by crying like a baby and launching appeals!Like i said success is earned on the pitch and whether your not good enough or you didn't get that bit of luck you take your beating like a man and move on.

The overpaid ponces across the Water can take their beating without resorting to appeals.If my team can't earn success on the pitch i would rather try and put it right the next year on the pitch instead of dragging the sport into farce by crying like a baby and launching appeals!Like i said success is earned on the pitch and whether your not good enough or you didn't get that bit of luck you take your beating like a man and move on.

I suspect with the money at stake in the UK leagues paper work is always up to spec, they have the money to pay people to do such things.
    The vast majority of Irish clubs are run by volunteers who pour their heart and soul into their club,
    Are you seriously trying to tell me if any team thought another team had fielded an illegal player they would not lodge an appeal, that goes for UK and Irish teams.
    Of course it looks petty, it's a shame after the season they had this is the topic that it will be most remembered for.

Advertisement