Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasn't Paid

Options
  • 31-10-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi I am due to finish work next week (end of contract to cover a maternity leave). I should have been paid today for Octobers wages but wasn't and HR have told me that I will have to wait for another 2 - 3 weeks until they process my end wages, holiday pay etc. and my P45 before they will pay me. My contract says that I will be paid on the last working day of the month. I have bills etc. to pay out of my wages and I am now sick with worry - what should I do.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Go to your HR and kick up a stink.

And don't worry

Or turn that worry you have direct inwards, into worry directed outwards.

Go from ":( How am I going to pay my bills if they don't pay me on time " To "Hey F*****S. I NEED TO PAY F'ING BILLS. AND I DON'T GIVE A FLYING F ABOUT YOUR F****** PAYROLL "SYSTEM", OR YOUR F****** PROCESSES "

Take that Hari Kiri sword of worry, you're pointing in at your own belly, turn it and wave it at the people causing you that worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I agree re kicking up a stink ... might use slightly less aggressive language though, you want to be paid, not have the guards called or yourself blacklisted from any future jobs with them! (I've done it myself once - the day I was going on a 2-week holiday, I discovered that someone had mistakenly processed my pay as a termination, and given me 1/2 of what I was due ... a stink works ... but make it controlled.)

Have you spoken to your manager, what did s/he say?

HR do have a way to give you an interim cheque payment - you just had to find a way to make them want to do this. Yes, it's wrong and unfair ...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Eblana12 wrote: »
    My contract says that I will be paid on the last working day of the month.
    Ask for a cheque, as you need to pay bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Some good news my boss and the accountant were back in last Friday and they organised a cash sub and a cheque to cover the balance. Even better news I have been asked to stay on until the New Year so I am really glad I didn't loose the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Such brilliant news :D Well done

• Advertisement
Advertisement