Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cold calls. Payment Protection Compensation

• 31-10-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Had anyone had persistent calls from this crowd?
    i have had 15 calls in 3 days, eventually forcing me to unplug phone.
    On the one call that lasted more then a minuite i told them i had never been msisold payment protection insurance.
    But they continue to call.

I have heard of the 'PC Doctor' window calls but at least those guys don't call back for a few months once to tell them to get lost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

• Registered Users Posts: 28 summer21

chinwag wrote: »

Could be... the number doesn't come up on landline.

Doing google this was the closest found (uk based)

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2168321/Nuisance-callers-making-retirement-misery-Karen-Tim.html

i have complained to comreg and my provider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I love making them wait while I "get a pen & paper", and then go about my day without hanging up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Did you hear about that woman who got prosecuted for blowing a whistle down the phone cos she caused long term damage to some telemarketer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hate these phone call scams ... It sours you on people because its just not a few scumbags, these things are run like bloody organisations and so many of them around the world.

But I am suprised there havn't been social welfare phone scams yet. Knowing so many people unemployed. It surely wouldn't take alot to scam someone into giving their pps number, dob etc if some random phone call claimed "there is a problem with your social payment" ... But who knows. Maybe thats the new one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

girl2 wrote: »
    Did you hear about that woman who got prosecuted for blowing a whistle down the phone cos she caused long term damage to some telemarketer?

Was the telemarketer too stupid to realise he / she could stop the noise by hanging up?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

galwayrush wrote: »
    Was the telemarketer too stupid to realise he / she could stop the noise by hanging up?:rolleyes:

Well I dunno tbh, but the person ended up with permanent damage to her hearing and tinnitus…

http://www.fark.com/go/7125537

Advertisement