Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a diploma, want to switch degree

Options
  • 31-10-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

I have have a diploma in marketing which i recieved in 2010. In all honesty it wasnt the right subject for me to study and for this reason i didnt bother pursing the honours degree. My question is can i switch course all together and go straight in to doing an honours degree in something completely different or would it have to be marketing? I cant seem to find anything online if anyone has an idea on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It depends on the course.

If you wanted to jump to, say, science, then as the two fields are unrelated, then you would most likely have to start afresh. If, however, you were doing some other business type course, you could possibly get exemption or cross-credit for some modules in the diploma.

The best thing to do is find a course that interests you and contact the college in question.

Advertisement