Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomorrow..... 1st of November!

Options
  • 31-10-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

So fellow Christmas lovers...

I have to say visiting this site has been a blessing.
    Reading and relating to others who love the season year round.
    (My H is anti Christmas until December and can't understand AND WON'T ACCEPT or ALLOW that i could start with music and movies easily in September!)

BUT
    Tomorrow is the 1st of November and from then on I speak freely and with joy of the coming Christmas Season!!!! With no apology.....

What is your "day" when you feel free in public to talk about the C word.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Have to agree once the annoyance of halloween ;) is over its full steam ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

My manager has already banned me from talking about Christmas things :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Was just in a 24 hour Tesco. They were taking down the Halloween decorations and putting up the Christmas ones all around the store. The area around the tills looked very festive already. The girl on the tills said the whole store will be decorated for Christmas by the time the morning shift team come in. The music was tested earlier tonight but she said "hope not" when I asked her if they would be playing carols etc from tomorrow. "The little things that makes Christmas" seems to be the dominant slogan this year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yes, this is it.
    Halloween is over, it's time to get CHRISTMASSY!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

The awkward moment when you sing christmas songs 3 months early

• Advertisement

Try 6 months early. :o

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I suppose what's nice in America is you get the build up to Halloween, then HALLOWEEN.
    Then they have a month build up to Thanksgiving, then THANKSGIVING.
    Then it's the build up to Christmas and then CHRISTMAS!

Over here it's more like build build build build build, okay come on, when's it getting here and THEN it's Christmas. Basically we need a holiday inbetween now and Christmas to keep our festive minds active :P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Over here it's more like build build build build build, okay come on, when's it getting here and THEN it's Christmas. Basically we need a holiday inbetween now and Christmas to keep our festive minds active :P
    NOOOOO!

I find Halloween gets in the way of Christmas enough. Another holiday getting in the way??! I think not! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Had the Christmas songs on in the car on the way to work today.

Y'know, just making sure the playlists are still working.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Had the Christmas songs on in the car on the way to work today.

Y'know, just making sure the playlists are still working.

Only 27 more days until ChristmasFM is back!! ;)

Posy quick take the witch's hat off your avatar and put on the santy hat, Christmas is a coming!!!! :D

I love the 1st of November as Posy said we don't have the annoyance of Halloween getting in the way anymore! Bring it on!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Posy wrote: »
    NOOOOO!

I find Halloween gets in the way of Christmas enough. Another holiday getting in the way??! I think not! :eek:

+ infinity :P:D
    lockie1983 wrote: »
    Only 27 more days until ChristmasFM is back!! ;)

Posy quick take the witch's hat off your avatar and put on the santy hat, Christmas is a coming!!!! :D

I love the 1st of November as Posy said we don't have the annoyance of Halloween getting in the way anymore! Bring it on!!!

I was just about to ask when ChristmasFM was back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I suppose what's nice in America is you get the build up to Halloween, then HALLOWEEN.

absolutely NOT. :D

the build up to Christmas is better than Christmas Day itself.

I cannot imagine having a turkey at the end of November and not having one for Christmas. Thanksgiving RUINS Christmas.

All energies should be put directly into Christmas.

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Oh yeah!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm currently listening to radio snowflake in work.....so what does that tell you?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Sitting here listening to Xmas music :D

I was listening to the same song a few weeks ago and my said "no more" until December, but we compromised on November, I wouldn't be able to wait until Dec!

Cannot wait for Xmas :)

I love November!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

So excited! he weather really makes it feel like Christmas!!

It's my first year in my own place with the boyfriend so I'm so looking forward to having my own tree, although will miss my parents house traditions in the run up to Christmas. My parents are made into it too..even more so since the all grandkids came along !!they are so cute!!

Can't wait for the christmas music to start on sky music channels!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Christmas doesn't start until the 10th of December for me,too bloody early having decorations out in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

absolutely NOT. :D

the build up to Christmas is better than Christmas Day itself.

I cannot imagine having a turkey at the end of November and not having one for Christmas. Thanksgiving RUINS Christmas.

All energies should be put directly into Christmas.

Nope, Christmas stuff in already in the stores, pre-Halloween! Just gets more intense after Halloween. And Thanksgiving does *not* ruin Christmas in anyway! I look at it as my halfway point to Christmas (I start getting excited Nov 1) or where it is more socially acceptable to talk about it amongst family and friends.

Why would you not have a turkey for Christmas if you had one at Thanksgiving? You can have whatever you want, really. I eat ham on Thanksgiving. :p

Sappa wrote: »
    Christmas doesn't start until the 10th of December for me,too bloody early having decorations out in November.
    You might be in the wrong forum here if that's your opinion. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Holidays are Coming... :)

404188_274584419310839_1668598297_n.jpg

Oh yaaay! I generally get a teeny bit excited each year the first time I see that ad. :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

kerry4sam wrote: »

Kerry4sam a huge smile spread across my face when I saw this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Oh yaaay! I generally get a teeny bit excited each year the first time I see that ad. :o:D

Glad i'm not the only one :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

kerry4sam wrote: »

Omg... Thats just the prettiest thing Ive ever seen.
    Added to the fact it means Christmas, would definitely get you a "teeny bit excited" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I moved into a new place at the start of the year and its has a kinda bay window alcove thing. Since February I've been dying to put my tree up cause I reckon it will be lovely in there!

How early is too early for the tree? Shopping centre near me has decs up already

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Played Elmo's Christmas Countdown for my babies....
    and they loved it, and so did I!

My four year old has realised her Dad is not ready for Christmas talk yet...
    so sings Jingle Bells to him and runs away giggling! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I've seen lots of people put up their Christmas lights in the past couple of days, they must've been waiting for the 1st of November too. :p I might put up some lights too this weekend. And candles, lots of candles. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Only a teeny bit? Call yourself a Christmas fan!!! :pac:

full steam ahead with the Christmas planning, prep etc

• Advertisement

Oh, don't worry. Teeny bit was more than a slight exaggeration. :D

Advertisement