Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Kerosene Prices Mullingar Area

Options
  • 31-10-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

It's that time of the year to order the oil. Who are people finding to be the cheapest this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

TheBody wrote: »
    Hi all.

It's that time of the year to order the oil. Who are people finding to be the cheapest this year?

I rang a few places around town yesterday - some further a field.

From I can make out they are all similar - ranging from 91c/litre to 95c/litre.

Whelans were the lowest.

Based on around 800 litres.

Some of the places were quoting based on 1,000 litres. I think if you want a smaller amount delivered the price/litre goes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

paultf wrote: »
    I rang a few places around town yesterday - some further a field.

From I can make out they are all similar - ranging from 91c/litre to 95c/litre.

Whelans were the lowest.

Based on around 800 litres.

Some of the places were quoting based on 1,000 litres. I think if you want a smaller amount delivered the price/litre goes up.

Whelans are usually one of the cheapest. What I usually do is get the cheapest quote and then haggle with Hammills until they beat the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I just recently got 500l of sureheat kerosene (allegedly lasts 10% longer and is greener than regular kerosene) for €465 from Curran Oil. They're based in Meath but deliver to Mullingar.

http://www.curranoil.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

mandz wrote: »
    I just recently got 500l of sureheat kerosene (allegedly lasts 10% longer and is greener than regular kerosene) for €465 from Curran Oil. They're based in Meath but deliver to Mullingar.

http://www.curranoil.com/[/QUOTE]

That looks pretty good.

I rang Curran and these were the prices I got for 800L:-

Regular kerosene - 89.5c/L = €716

Sureheat (more efficent/economical) kerosene - 90.5c/L = €724

With Whelans for the regular stuff: 91c/L = €728

Sureheat is suppose to be 10% more efficent and lasts longer + should mean less services on your boiler.

Top oil do a similar one called 'Cleanheat' but is more expensive.

If Currans are as competitive the next time I need a fill up I might go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alansteno

brownes oil moate is €465 for 500 litres.

good deal. usually deliver that day if you ask them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Just after ordering 800 L of oil with Whelan's oil. Cost me €710 which is just over 88c cent per litre. They were the cheapest of 6 companies I called.

Advertisement