Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Well done and well deserved Kate. The confidence gained from recent training has shone through today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

That was a nice last mile CM, really emptying the tank there. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Well done today, fair play to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Looks like you gained another second according to final results ;)

Fair play again today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

ecoli wrote: »
    Looks like you gained another second according to final results ;)

Fair play again today

Yippee - that's one more second belcarra has to find :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done K, you were oozing with confidence at the start line! What a super time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Fantastic result and well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Brilliant stuff K, well deserved, great to see you back in such good form :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Brilliant running c_m - well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Well done yesterday CM. We must have finished within seconds of each other. I was running running with the stew's for majority of the race. I didn't recognize you from the WW run during the summer, having said that I couldn't see much by the time I crossed the line!

• Advertisement

sideswipe wrote: »
    Well done yesterday CM. We must have finished within seconds of each other. I was running running with the stew's for majority of the race. I didn't recognize you from the WW run during the summer, having said that I couldn't see much by the time I crossed the line!
    That's mad. Never spotted you :D

10m @ 9:00

Had a choice of 10m easy/3m rec/rest so I went for the 10m because I'm feeling good today , there's a Drifter bar in a cupboard with my name on it and I get to do a recovery run tomorrow. Win win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Fantastic run, well done!

Thanks to whoever nominated my log for an award :D

My log keeps me sane (sort of ;) ) and amused and I'm glad other people enjoy reading it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Jingle bells 5k .... 19:38 :D

The last race I won on career move (the horse ;) ) was a hurdle in cork in 2011 when she went off at 16/1 and we beat Ruby Walsh on the favourite by a neck. I can remember the race as if it was yesterday and the days before the race stand out in my mind because of the complete conviction I had that we would win the race. She was in amazing form and the confidence I had that we would win was no different to going to the shop for the paper and knowing you were going to come home with the paper. I just knew
    And today was a bit like that. I just knew I was going to run a good race and the time became irrelevant.
    Slept badly last night so I didn't bother checking my RHR for fear of alarming myself but I was still well rested because I got the train up so no stress of trying to find parking etc. I walked from Heuston to the start and my legs were nicely loosened out and warmed up. Bumped into peter and marthastew while wandering around and then I headed off for a slow jog and some strides. The queues for the loos were massive so I found a large discreet tree ;) and then back to the start with 10 min to go. Met RK who gave me a pep talk, jcsmum and peter and then we were off.
    I have a tendency especially on the horses to just go to sleep in races which is why I made a big effort today to keep focused on trying to stay passing people and progressing through the race. I had a little peek at the watch as we passed the 1k marker (3:55) Was feeling strong and breathing was controlled but quite fast. Happy out with 6:22 for the first mile.
    Second mile was tougher because of the wind but I was happy that I was running well and moving from group to group. I was glad when the watch peeped though ... only one more to go. 6:25 bit slower but still good.
    Somewhere around this part of the race I passed MrStew and managed feeble wave of my hand. I could see MS about 30m up ahead and I was following her race path around the bends. Was still feeling good but I was unable to wind up the pace anymore for the finish. MrStew came powering past with about 500m to go and I could see MS up ahead fending off the challenge of another crusaders lady. 3rd mile 6:03. It felt like I had nothing left for the last 100 even though I was feeling pretty good but when I checked the garmin it was 5:48. Thrilled when I saw the finishing time :D
    Met loads of boardsies who all ran super races - RK, raycun, MS, Mr Stew honorary boards member, statss, meno, Dr Q, RFR, pconn and blockic :D
    Did a nice cool down jog with Dr Q and statss and then had a great afternoon in the pub :D

Wish you'd told me about your confidence in the horse that day. I got a tip for the Mullins favourite and told everyone I knew to get on! A miserable Friday evening followed as he failed to reel you in after the last :(.
    Well done on your race yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Congrats on the sub 20 CM. It was only a matter of time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Jingle bells 5k .... 19:38 :D

The last race I won on career move (the horse ;) ) was a hurdle in cork in 2011 when she went off at 16/1 and we beat Ruby Walsh on the favourite by a neck. I can remember the race as if it was yesterday and the days before the race stand out in my mind because of the complete conviction I had that we would win the race. She was in amazing form and the confidence I had that we would win was no different to going to the shop for the paper and knowing you were going to come home with the paper. I just knew
    And today was a bit like that. I just knew I was going to run a good race and the time became irrelevant.
    Slept badly last night so I didn't bother checking my RHR for fear of alarming myself but I was still well rested because I got the train up so no stress of trying to find parking etc. I walked from Heuston to the start and my legs were nicely loosened out and warmed up. Bumped into peter and marthastew while wandering around and then I headed off for a slow jog and some strides. The queues for the loos were massive so I found a large discreet tree ;) and then back to the start with 10 min to go. Met RK who gave me a pep talk, jcsmum and peter and then we were off.
    I have a tendency especially on the horses to just go to sleep in races which is why I made a big effort today to keep focused on trying to stay passing people and progressing through the race. I had a little peek at the watch as we passed the 1k marker (3:55) Was feeling strong and breathing was controlled but quite fast. Happy out with 6:22 for the first mile.
    Second mile was tougher because of the wind but I was happy that I was running well and moving from group to group. I was glad when the watch peeped though ... only one more to go. 6:25 bit slower but still good.
    Somewhere around this part of the race I passed MrStew and managed feeble wave of my hand. I could see MS about 30m up ahead and I was following her race path around the bends. Was still feeling good but I was unable to wind up the pace anymore for the finish. MrStew came powering past with about 500m to go and I could see MS up ahead fending off the challenge of another crusaders lady. 3rd mile 6:03. It felt like I had nothing left for the last 100 even though I was feeling pretty good but when I checked the garmin it was 5:48. Thrilled when I saw the finishing time :D
    Met loads of boardsies who all ran super races - RK, raycun, MS, Mr Stew honorary boards member, statss, meno, Dr Q, RFR, pconn and blockic :D
    Did a nice cool down jog with Dr Q and statss and then had a great afternoon in the pub :D

Not sure whether I'm more impressed with the fact you beat Ruby or your super-dooper PB;)
    Well done K, a really fabulous result and very well deserved.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Delighted for you K. Brilliant run.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 purceninho

Well done K on the sub 20. Two PBs in a few weeks. The Great training in the last few months is reaping rewards.

I had a very deep conversation with Meno in the pub on Saturday night (not sure if he'll remember ;)) about your training log and how I should be following your methods, particularly on learning how to run "easy" properly. Seeing the product and results of your work is certainly food for thought!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RedRunner wrote: »
    I had a very deep conversation with Meno in the pub on Saturday night (not sure if he'll remember ;)) about your training log and how I should be following your methods, particularly on learning how to run "easy" properly. Seeing the product and results of your work is certainly food for thought!:)

I remember alright (just about ;)), still awaiitng that PM :p:pac:

Ha :D I can imagine how that went alright!! Easy rocks :D

EDIT: Meno is like an elephant - he never forgets ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Ha :D I can imagine how that went alright!! Easy rocks :D

EDIT: Meno is like an elephant - he never forgets ;):D

I was going to make the same comment judging by the size of the platter he ordered in Saturday in Ryan's :D

3m @ 10:31

25 minutes I spent trying to catch two horses before I did this run. Everytime I went near them they'd gallop off to the other side of the field. Witches :mad: Tomorrow they will go in the most horrible paddock with the least amount of grass as punishment :D I was well warmed up for my run though :D

menoscemo wrote: »
    I remember alright (just about ;)), still awaiitng that PM :p:pac:

PM?:confused: Eh Ok I'll just PM you now to see what it was I was supposed to PM you with!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Did that 'conversation' involve Meno talking lots and you just nodding every now and then. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Just catching up with everything after the weekend. Congrates on the Sub 20 mins. Well deserved!

Aimman wrote: »
    Just catching up with everything after the weekend. Congrates on the Sub 20 mins. Well deserved!
    Thanks dude :D

Nice pacing in Clonakilty from you. A tough one with all the hills by the sounds of it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Did that 'conversation' involve Meno talking lots and you just nodding every now and then. :p

Lol - I had THAT conversation with him just after you left

Career Move - congrats on your success. I had AMK in my ear all night telling me about your running and log and that I should follow you so looks like Meno wasn't the only one signing your praises!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Cleanman wrote: »
    Lol - I had THAT conversation with him just after you left

Career Move - congrats on your success. I had AMK in my ear all night telling me about your running and log and that I should follow you so looks like Meno wasn't the only one signing your praises!

yeah but that was after we finished talking about football, women and drink..............

9m @ 9:07

with 6 x 120m strides (26,25,25,25,25,25)

This was good. Bit windy out and at times I felt like I was hardly moving. Hill session tomorrow. Please let it not be windy for that :eek:

New shoes :D:D:D:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPo-X9l5I8z_iinmpZ2Ip3mF3VMmdo1cM5hvMPbyfAPaQxlLcNqA

Hmmm 5 pairs in a year ..... sounds slightly excessive :confused:

Might keep that to myself ;)

On 4 myself but sure not long till christmas so I may treat myself :D

New shoes :D:D:D:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPo-X9l5I8z_iinmpZ2Ip3mF3VMmdo1cM5hvMPbyfAPaQxlLcNqA

At least you have the shorts to match ;)

Tom Joad wrote: »
    At least you have the shorts to match ;)

:D

Well spotted! Was going to go for the new blue ones but the colour scheme just wasn't working :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

:confused::confused:
    Excessive? :confused::confused:

:confused::confused:
    Excessive? :confused::confused:

To non runners :D

2m w/u @ 9:03

10 x 75 sec hill repeats (15 sec standing rec + 2 min jog back rec)

REP|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10
    Pace|7:00|6:42|6:46|6:51|6:46|6:49|6:52|7:04|6:59|6:52

2.3m c/d @ 9:38

Pace is a tiny bit slower than the last time I did a hill session but this is a better session I think because the reps are longer (more hill :() and they were all into the wind.
    The first one I used to mark my points on the hill for starting and finishing so it's a bit slow.
    The next few were grand and I was thinking hills are nice. I like hills :D
    After 5 => half way there. This is easy I don't have to worry about the pace or time. Happy days.
    Felt strong on 6.
    7th rep was tough. The wind was strong. I was starting to dislike hills and wind.
    After 8 I was done with hills. I hate hills :mad: I want to stop. Please don't make me go up the hill anymore.
    9th rep: only 1 left. You can do it.
    Get to 10 and I don't want to see that hill for the rest of the week. It cuts out about 70% of my routes but I don't care if I have to run the same mile 10 times as long as it's not up that hill.
    In my befuddled state of mind I took the long way home so when I got to 8 miles I just walked the rest of the way

Sounds like a fairly accurate description of how I want you feeling for these sessions :D

Great work

9m @ 9:11

with 6 x 120m strides (25,24,24,23,23,23)

Up at 5 to get this done. Fed the horses and cleaned out stables and then headed off. It's a while since I've been running in the pitch black! It was fine though as long as I kept my imagination in check and kept thinking happy thoughts :D Slightly strained my left quad muscle yesterday. It was a bit uncomfortable on the easy miles but I didn't notice it on the strides and I gave it a good rub of the stick when I got home

EDIT: Oooh oooh oooh passed the 2000 mile mark this morning :D

• Advertisement

9m @ 9:11

That's savage mileage - well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Tom Joad wrote: »
    That's savage mileage - well done!

+1, great milage covered.

Up at 5 to get this done. :eek:

Brilliant consistency - well done. :)

Friday:

3m @ 10:29

Was pretty busy today so was late afternoon when I got to run. I hadn't eaten since 6a.m but apart from being hungry it was all good. After a few goes with the stick and sleeping in compression tights my left quad was perfect.

Saturday:

7m @ 7:31

(7:27, 7:29, 7:49, 7:34, 7:21, 7:33, 7:23)

Horrible weather today. Really windy and wet. I was aiming to run at MP but to be honest it was very difficult to control the pace. At times it was a struggle to just move forward and other times I was fighting to keep my legs under me because the wind was pushing me along so fast. I tried to keep the effort so that I was working all the time regardless of the wind but not working too hard. Pretty happy overall even if I did I look like a drowned rat when I came back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Congrats on the 2000m mark :D

Nice 3rd place today. Jumped the last well! :)

Beef wrote: »

Don't think she was on riding today. Different jockey.

Ah yeah I knew that - but it's a horse from the c_m stable. :)

I tried to back it too - but the bloody computer in my parents house takes about a week to boot up.

Ah yeah I knew that - but it's a horse from the c_m stable. :)

I tried to back it too - but the bloody computer in my parents house takes about a week to boot up.

Thanks. Delighted with her because 2 miles over hurdles isn't far enough and she did really well to get up for 3rd :D Martin rides her over hurdles unless the weight is too light for him because he helps me out anyday he's not racing and he gets on well with her.

13m @ 8:58

Was racing with Mireya in Navan today and we had to leave early so had to leave this till I came back. I had briefly considered swopping yesterdays run with todays because it was shorter but I'm glad I didn't now because I was pretty much able to do this on autopilot. I did two laps of the same route - it feels safe because I'm never too far from the house. It did however mean that I had to go up the 'hill session' hill twice :( and it got very dark for the last couple of miles. Brings me to 52 miles for the week though :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement