Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

:P

I wondered how long you'd be able to resist the riding innuendos :D

I've been trying avoid unecessary innuendos but I guess on this occasion my saddle slipped :);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Friday:

9m @ 9:03

with 6 x 120m strides (all 23 secs)

Don't remember much about this. Think it was windy ... quelle surprise :rolleyes:

Saturday:

2m w/u @ 8:45

6 x 90 sec hills

Rep|1|2|3|4|5|6
    Pace|6:50|6:42|6:42|6:53|6:48|6:58

2.5 m c/d @ 9:20

Happy enough with this. I thought I was going to throw up after the 3rd so I thought the 4th one would be a bit slower than it is because I was still feeling a bit queasy. The only one I'm a bit disappointed with is the pace of the last one because I was trying really hard. I couldn't have run any faster though so I guess it's just because I was tiring :o

Sunday:

10m @ 9:00

Easy peasy and feeling good until about 7 miles in when my left hamstring started to feel a bit tight. Foam rolled it, stretched it, more foam rolling and then slept in compression tights but it was still a bit tight on Monday morning.

Monday:

3m @ 11:00

Slowed down this recovery run a bit more than usual and could really feel the benefit after 2 miles and it's absolutely perfect now. Happy days :D

8m @ 9:08

with 6 x 120m strides (all 25 secs)

I've started to do a lot more out and back runs. I like them because they go quicker. It's like you only have to do half the distance and then you're turning for home again ;) I slowed the strides down a bit today because I was trying to get a feel for the pace for tomorrow's session (10 x 2min w 75 sec jog rec). Normally when I'm doing strides I concentrate on lifting my knees high and working my arms but today I was just focussing on my breathing and trying to run as relaxed as possible. They were still a bit fast but I have a good idea now for the session.

8m @ 9:08

with 6 x 120m strides (all 25 secs)

I've started to do a lot more out and back runs. I like them because they go quicker. It's like you only have to do half the distance and then you're turning for home again ;) I slowed the strides down a bit today because I was trying to get a feel for the pace for tomorrow's session (10 x 2min w 75 sec jog rec). Normally when I'm doing strides I concentrate on lifting my knees high and working my arms but today I was just focussing on my breathing and trying to run as relaxed as possible. They were still a bit fast but I have a good idea now for the session.

I like the out and back runs when I'm not in the mood for a run as you have two real defined points and when you turn around you have the back broken of the run!

2m w/u @ 8:56

10 x 2min @ 5k pace (6:15)

Rep|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10
    Pace|6:22|6:16|6:13|6:10|6:16|6:13|6:10|6:08|6:24|6:09

1.8m c/d @ 10:30

Delighted with this :D Was a bit worried about doing the first few reps too fast in case I died a slow and miserable death so took the first one handy. The first two were slightly uphill which helped to control the pace! I thought I might struggle through ten after them but once the road leveled out I found the rest of them challenging but manageable. For the second last one I was a bit too exuberant starting off (around 5:20 pace) and I paid for it in the last 30 sec because I couldn't hold the pace. The last one was good though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

What recovery were you doing in between them?

belcarra wrote: »
    What recovery were you doing in between them?
    75 sec jogs.....short but sweet :D
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/426608391

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Great session, you're training really well at the moment.

Anything big in particular coming up for you CM, marathon or shorter stuff? Or are you just going to keep training and then race in the summer?

pconn062 wrote: »
    Great session, you're training really well at the moment.

Anything big in particular coming up for you CM, marathon or shorter stuff? Or are you just going to keep training and then race in the summer?
    Thanks. Training is great touch wood :D I'm doing the 5m in Raheny next then the HM in Meath in Mar. No marathon this year because I want to get faster first :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Nice session there K, you're flying!

8m @ 9:12

with 6 x 120m strides (all 23 secs)

Bit nippy this morning so I thought the best way to warm up was to do my run. It was grand because the roads hadn't started to thaw so no icy patches. Warmed my gloves on the radiator before I left which was nice because I forgot to take gloves out to the yard this morning and my hands were throbbing with the cold. Legs felt a bit heavy for the first of the strides but were grand after that

jcsmum wrote: »
    Nice session there K, you're flying!

Just as well there's not another one of you or it would be all K K K ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Just as well there's not another one of you or it would be all K K K ;)
    We're both unique and wonderful ladies though ;)

Friday:

3m @ 10:30

Saturday:

8m @ 7:30

I like MP runs because I can run them at whatever pace I feel like on the day :D Did the first mile in 7:30 so I said I'd aim for that. Had to forget about the watch for the next few miles because the roads were so slippy. It was a good exercise in form and balance. Passed a lady out walking her dog who told me I was mad :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Dog lady speaks the truth :)

Dog lady speaks the truth :)
    Dog lady is old. Nobody listens to old people and their ramblings ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Dog lady is old. Nobody listens to old people and their ramblings ;)

That doesn't take from the accuracy of her statement.

13m @ 8:59

So happy this is done. Was quite tough with the wind and rain and the hills and my legs were a bit tired too. 51 miles this week so it's allowed I guess :D

• Advertisement

I love recovery days :D Although they always end up being a bit mental because I stay in bed too long and then I run out of time. I have a sore tooth and I haven't been sleeping great the last couple of nights. Last night it was throbbing so tried paracetamol (useless)then ibuprofen (also useless) then cotton wool soaked in local anaesthetic. Was a bit cautious about using that because it has adrenaline in it but it just made my lips and gums numb and had no effect on my tooth. Was getting a bit desperate at this stage and decided I would have to resort to some whiskey. So I took a good sip and kind of held it for about 3 minutes on my tooth. Wasn't sure if it helped or not so took another good sip and then another. My gum was kind of numbish so I took another sip and then another and then I fell asleep :D

but only for a couple of hours ...... had to go to the dentist today and get it taken out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Jesus the thought of you having access to adrenaline and alcohol all at one time is just frightening!

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Jesus the thought of you having access to adrenaline and alcohol all at one time is just frightening!
    :D:D:D

Tuesday:

8m @ 9:14

with 6 x 120m strides

Wednesday:

2m w/u - 8:50, 8:57

5 x 5min @ 6:30 - 6:30, 6:30, 6:27, 6:30, 6:32

2m c/d - 10:49, 10:17

This was pathetic. Mentally I was just not in the game and struggled through all the reps. Got confused with my timing on the 4th one and finished 30 secs too soon. The fifth one was a disaster. My breathing was out of control and I stopped halfway through because the pace was slipping into 7m/m territory and I thought it was pointless finishing the rep at that pace. I added on an extra 30 secs to balance the reps out. I know the paces look fine but I just felt crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

"I know the paces look fine but I just felt crap"

Looks like a good session to me so !

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Duanington wrote: »

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I feel crap on all my sessions! Maybe you were just hungover from all that whiskey Sunday night CM:D

• Advertisement

Cleanman wrote: »
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. I feel crap on all my sessions! Maybe you were just hungover from all that whiskey Sunday night CM:D
    Haha :D

It should have felt easier because it's an easy route but it's ok I'll be better in Raheny ;)

+1
    Sounds like somebody is being very hard on themselves (and for no reason!) :rolleyes::)

8m @ 9:17

incl 6 x 120m strides

I got a tooth removed on Monday and it's still wickedly sore so I think the socket may be infected :( Going to try an intensive course of salt rinses tonight and if that doesn't work I'll have to get antibiotics tomorrow :(:(

:( Going to try and intensive course of salt rinses tonight :(:(

I'll get my coat..... ;)

I don't get it but thanks :D

• Advertisement

I don't get it but thanks :D

You might have to wait til Gavlor comes along ;):D

Promised myself some painkillers when I came back from this run. I'm trying to use them sparingly but I think I've gone through about 3 boxes in the last few days :o Have started antibiotics now though

8m @ 9:00

Feeling better today.

2m easy - 8:54, 8:52

1m HMP - 6:57

1m easy - 8:55

2m MP - 7:28, 7:24

1m easy - 8:41

1m HMP - 6:56

2m easy - 8:48, 8:55

I like this little session. The HMP miles make the MP miles seem pretty steady. I had 7 and 7:30 as the paces in my head but I was psychologically prepared for today and if it felt like hard work I was just going to dial it back a little. The first HMP mile required a little bit more effort than was ideal but it was slightly uphill and into a light headwind so I was happy enough. This is a great out and back route for a session because if you can hold the pace on the first bit you just know it's going to be easy peasy on the way back. So a decent session to end a miserable week for me. I'm good at dealing with pain but this tooth has been unreal. I don't think I've been in as much pain since I ruptured my spleen 8 years ago. Funnily enough my resting heart rate has remained low all week, between 38 and 42. The highest was on Wednesday when it was 44 and I was crying with the pain that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

2m easy - 8:54, 8:52

1m HMP - 6:57

1m easy - 8:55

2m MP - 7:28, 7:24

1m easy - 8:41

1m HMP - 6:56

2m easy - 8:48, 8:55

I like this little session. The HMP miles make the MP miles seem pretty steady. I had 7 and 7:30 as the paces in my head but I was psychologically prepared for today and if it felt like hard work I was just going to dial it back a little. The first HMP mile required a little bit more effort than was ideal but it was slightly uphill and into a light headwind so I was happy enough. This is a great out and back route for a session because if you can hold the pace on the first bit you just know it's going to be easy peasy on the way back. So a decent session to end a miserable week for me. I'm good at dealing with pain but this tooth has been unreal. I don't think I've been in as much pain since I ruptured my spleen 8 years ago. Funnily enough my resting heart rate has remained low all week, between 38 and 42. The highest was on Wednesday when it was 44 and I was crying with the pain that day.

Little session Hmmmm! Well done. And as regards the tooth pain it is very hard to cope with , the pain seems to radiate through your head. Hope its all sorted now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Great session CM especially after what sounds like a crap week with the toothache

Monday:

I toyed with the idea of abstaining from chocolate this week. So I lasted the whole day and then I decided ah my body might go into shock. No point taking unnecessary risks :D

Tuesday:

7m @ 9:18

with 6 x 120m strides (24,23,23,22,22,22)

Legs were a teeny bit tired today. Didn't sleep very well last night but my tooth is almost better. Today is the first day I haven't taken painkillers. I met a man out walking when I was doing the strides. He lives about a mile down the road but I'd never seen him before. He was telling me he's on dialysis and he walks 4m everyday in order to keep his BMI low enough so that if he gets a match he'll be able to have a kidney transplant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Monday:

I toyed with the idea of abstaining from chocolate this week. So I lasted the whole day and then I decided ah my body might tgo into shock. No point taking unnecessary risks :D

Tuesday:

7m @ 9:18

with 6 x 120m strides (24,23,23,22,22,22)

Legs were a teeny bit tired today. Didn't sleep very well last night but my tooth is almost better. Today is the first day I haven't taken painkillers. I met a man out walking when I was doing the strides. He lives about a mile down the road but I'd never seen him before. He was telling me he's on dialysis and he walks 4m everyday in order to keep his BMI low enough so that if he gets a match he'll be able to have a kidney transplant.

😊😊😊

Marthastew wrote: »
    😊😊😊
    I love it :D

Marthastew wrote: »
    ������

21 days in and I discover this gem:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

21 days in and I discover this gem:o

Stay strong T, Sunday afternoon when you're celebrating 31.XX in Raheny you can eat all the chocolate you like:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

I've been off chocolate salad for two days now. Starting to get the shakes:eek:

Glad to hear your toothache is better:)

I like your Sunday session K, wouldn't do it myself mind! ;)

6m @ 9:12

with 6 x 120m strides (all 22s)

Legs were feeling much bouncier today. RHR has been high for the last couple of days (50) so not too sure what that's about as I'm feeling good. I had some wind assistance for the strides for the first time ever. Usually I'm running into the wind.

Only had time/distance showing on my garmin so I wasn't too sure how successful this session was. My legs felt strong all the time but on the 2min rep even though I was conscious of not starting too fast my breathing was very labored after about a minute and I thought the pace dropped significantly. It took a fair bit of will power to actually keep going. I thought I recovered well after all the splits though and I felt strong even after the 2 min rep. When I saw the splits on garmin connect I was one happy happy lady:D

Garmin: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/434392456

2m w/u - 9:20, 9:00

4 x 30sec - 60 sec walking rec
    5:39, 5:28, 5:14, 5:18

2 x 1min - 90 sec rec
    5:21, 5:32

2min - 90 sec rec
    5:50 :D:D:D:D

2 x 1min - 90 sec rec
    5:38, 5:24

4 x 30sec - 60 sec rec
    5:27, 5:18, 5:18, 4:59:D

2.3m c/d @ 9:55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

That session looks familiar for sure ;)

Well done looks like you nailed it. Roll on Sunday

Nice session - do you walk all the recoveries? Just curious. Best of luck Sunday.

Nice session - do you walk all the recoveries? Just curious. Best of luck Sunday.
    Thanks good luck to you too. Ya in this session all the recoveries are walked. Thank god. My tongue would be hanging out otherwise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Best of luck on Sunday K, no bother to you going by current form :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Good luck Sunday CM. What's the target?

Advertisement