Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened at the Bonfire on Harry reynolds road?

Options
  • 31-10-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Just heard a huge explosion sound followed by a huge number of car alarms going off. Something happened at the bonfire as they closed the road off, does anyone know what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Fireworks and a petrol can thrown onto it, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Khannie wrote: »
    Tools.

Big time, I went up with my missus and the kids about 8ish last night, we wanted to show them a bonfire of any description, there was a small one going at that stage and we watched as they lit the main one from the car, we we're just about to get out of the car and BOOM a huge explosion occurred, so we didn't bother going over as I'd assume it was full of scum, and to be honest I'm surprised if no one was injured...

The boys in blue pulled in behind us in their unmarked silver fiesta but they had missed the explosion at that stage and just sat there, I assume waiting on the fire brigade to arrive, just goes to show a few scuts can ruin it for everyone, I thought it was a gas canister the explosion was that loud...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LittleLady25

I was wondering alright!
    I was up at the traffic lights near the graveyard and the ground literally shook!! My little boy got an awful fright and I did myself to be honest... Had no idea what was after happening!

It was really loud!!
    They closed the road then and I didnt see what happened after that (I wasnt hanging around) But I did spot some teens running with trolleys full of drink(classy).....
    Just glad I hadnt decided to stroll down that way!!

Hope you all had a nice halloween anyway besides that!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

my father in law lives in tara court and he was telling me about this today, hes convinced there was a gas cylinder in it as the windows shook and hed be as far away in tara court from the bonfire as you could get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'd assume that a gas canister would send shrapnel everywhere / probably maim or kill.

Advertisement