Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bidding on a Repo House

Options
  • 31-10-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was bidding on a house I liked. the house is a repo. hadnt heard anything from the auctioneer in 6 or 7 weeks as I got in contact with them one day to ask what was the latest with it
    They told me it was at sale agreed that someone had contacted the reciever directly with a bid which the receiver accepted
    Just wonder how can you find out who is the reciever on a repo is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Did you ask the agent? They might know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

That sounds a bit dodgy tbh. Why would the receiver accept an offer without going back to the rival bidder? They had to pay the estate agent regardless, and it is their duty to secure the highest price. It's very difficult to find out the receiver of a property. This could be an inside deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

try insolvencyjournal.ie if you know the developer's name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

ya i was beginning to think it was an inside job. surely they would be interested in getting the max price they could

it was a buy to let property in an estate nearly 15 yrs old so doubt it would be a developer selling

Advertisement