Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turtle eggs

Options
  • 31-10-2012 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi guys looking for some help re my sons turtles.

My Son was cleaning his tank today and found four eggs in it ,

I was shocked to say the least because we thought they were both male :confused:

So the thing is the female has a strange lump kind of thingy thing at her tail .can anyone tell me what it is or what I should do .

Link here to picture ·········> http://db.tt/oCYsYem8

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

It looks like she could have prolapsed. It can happen when the force of giving birth causes the cervix to come back on itself and out through the vagina.

You need to take her to vet fast to get this fixed or it may get infected. . She may also need calcium supplementation after laying but the vet will discuss that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Irishchick wrote: »
    It looks like she could have prolapsed. It can happen when the force of giving birth causes the cervix to come back on itself and out through the vagina.

You need to take her to vet fast to get this fixed or it may get infected. . She may also need calcium supplementation after laying but the vet will discuss that.

Thank you very much for your reply 👠I have an appointment with the vet today so fingers crossed .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

definetly prolapse its a common thing with beardies, id assume the same with turtles as long as you have an appointment with the vet she should be fine, with beardies its so common that they tell you to put the dragon in a sink with warm water and it naturally goes in but as i said i dont know about turtles. good luck with the eggs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

any update on the turtle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

hey sorry only getting back now well unfortunaly i dident make it to the vet as the little gal poped her cloges .

• Advertisement
Advertisement