Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Voyager books

Options
  • 31-10-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭

I love Voyager, its my favourite Star Trek series, but I was just wondering has any of ye read the books? in particular Homecoming by Christie Golden. Im debating whether to get it or not, Im not sure if I would like the books as I havent really read any sci fi before.

any advice, opinions, reviews welcome
    Thanks
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Think I read that one back in the day, it's a two part book (I think) a good few years ago I read Pathways, which I enjoyed...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Thank you. I might try that one. :) I would love to have seen what happened when Voyager got home. like a 2 part special or something.even a movie. oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

I've read Homecoming and the follow up The Farther Shore. Both were readable if a little predictable at times but they did a decent job of continuing the story from the void left at the end of the tv show.

If it's decent Trek novels you're after then the Destiny trilogy is the best I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

SarahBM wrote: »
    I havent really read any sci fi before.

Many of the ST novels can be fun reads but if it's science fiction literature you're after a great starting place would be the better known works from Bester, Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein, Wells etc. all grand masters of science fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I have never really read any sci fi before, thanks for the recommendations. as if my book list wasnt long enough already! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Goldstein wrote: »
    Many of the ST novels can be fun reads but if it's science fiction literature you're after a great starting place would be the better known works from Bester, Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein, Wells etc. all grand masters of science fiction.

:D

Advertisement