Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run these SCAMMERS out of Limerick

• 31-10-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

There is a "Lyoness" warning thread over in the Sligo section. These guys are operating in Limerick, here is an add from their FB page;

"All About Lyoness presentation taking place tomorrow night, Tuesday, in Limerick in the Carlton Castletroy Park Hotel. Start time 8pm. Bring your friends and family, introduce them to the world of Lyoness. http://www.castletroy-park.ie/"

It is especially galling in these tough times they are actively persuading gullible ejits to bring their family and friends into this SCAM. I am hoping some Limerick Boards.ies might go along, see/hear for yourself, ask the difficult questions and get them out of your city also. HAve a read through the Sligo thread for idea as to what this SCAM is all about!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭blackiebest1

There is a "Lyoness" warning thread over in the Sligo section. These guys are operating in Limerick, here is an add from their FB page;

"All About Lyoness presentation taking place tomorrow night, Tuesday, in Limerick in the Carlton Castletroy Park Hotel. Start time 8pm. Bring your friends and family, introduce them to the world of Lyoness. http://www.castletroy-park.ie/"

It is especially galling in these tough times they are actively persuading gullible ejits to bring their family and friends into this SCAM. I am hoping some Limerick Boards.ies might go along, see/hear for yourself, ask the difficult questions and get them out of your city also. HAve a read through the Sligo thread for idea as to what this SCAM is all about!

Hah, foolish me, just realized it was on last night, anyhow this is a scam, do not be fooled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

pyramid scheme??

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭blackiebest1

Sorry, yes, it is a pyramid SCAM. It is amazing how many people fall for the 'get rich quick' snake oil they sell! Google Lyoness for info

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sorry, yes, it is a pyramid SCAM. It is amazing how many people fall for the 'get rich quick' snake oil they sell! Google Lyoness for info

You seem to know a lot about them. Could you not tell us yourself, or even just copy and paste the relevant info from the Sligo thread for us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

fryup wrote: »
    pyramid scheme??

They base theirs on the trapezoid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

blackiebest1 also has a thread in Sligo, maybe that's the one he refers to:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056528522

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

A random sampling from the thread has set the spider senses tingling big time - is there ANYONE literate,numerate and able to string a paragraph together that has good things to say about it?

On the flipside, I did notice the "Lyoness" sign over the door at the Cornstore last weekend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

langdang wrote: »
    A random sampling from the thread has set the spider senses tingling big time - is there ANYONE literate,numerate and able to string a paragraph together that has good things to say about it?

On the flipside, I did notice the "Lyoness" sign over the door at the Cornstore last weekend...

Ryan's Jewellers on roches street has one above the door. I know a lad who has got deep into it over the last 2 years. I don't think he has a penny to show for it yet but that's not to say he won't down the line.

It seems very hard to prove it as a pyramid scheme because they offer free memberships as well as buy ins.

Think someone made it up that if you were to buy into it it would take about 2 years worth of spending all the time in lyoness accepted shops to just break even. In that case you would need to have money available to throw away for the next two years.

The seminars have been running in limerick for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Wanna see another scam close to home?. Those Indian lads calling up about Windows having viruses(had one myself a few weeks back - 10 minutes in I said I didn't own a computer).

Anyway they have a registered company based in Ballycumin. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LasVegasKnight

If someone is still looking to better understand Lyoness, I'm more than willing to discuss it. I've noticed in another thread that was recently closed that it seems to be misunderstood in several areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,850 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

If someone is still looking to better understand Lyoness, I'm more than willing to discuss it. I've noticed in another thread that was recently closed that it seems to be misunderstood in several areas.

As in the person understood it was a scam and you will try to persuade them it isn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

as with the Sligo thread, this topic has nothing specific to do with limerick now, this isn't a place to resurrect that thead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement