Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Cisco 3925

• 31-10-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭

Hi All I know there is a sticky but it never seems to get answered.

I've got a few queries that I'm hoping someone can help with.

Firstly I'm looking for the user and pass needed to login into the router UPC gave me.

Secondly I've just purchased a Wireless N 450Mbps card.
    I'm going to relocate the computer down into the room below and run it wirelessly, this is not a choice but a necessity.

If I change the router to Band N only and the card to Band N only will it have repercussions on the other devices in the house that use wireless, I'm mainly talking about two Iphones and a laptop that is occasionally turned on.

Also the wireless card I bought is a TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 I'm wondering how I go about making this Band N only.

If you could let me know it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hi Guys.

Can anyone tell me if the 3925 supports wireless band N. can't see it anywhere on the settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

hi, yes it does, supports N mode by native but remember to set up network mode to: Mixed and channel width to: Wide. hope it helps

hi, yes it does, supports N mode by native but remember to set up network mode to: Mixed and channel width to: Wide. hope it helps

Is there anyway to make n only?
    I'm having some trouble I have the 3925 on the 3rd floor. I've moved my computer to the 2nd floor however I get a better signal on my laptop down stairs than I do closer on the 2nd floor.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong, is the modem just bad for wireless and I need to purchase a proper router and bridge it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hi All I know there is a sticky but it never seems to get answered.

I've got a few queries that I'm hoping someone can help with.

Firstly I'm looking for the user and pass needed to login into the router UPC gave me..

Just click login, there is none, then you setup your own

y0, yup figured that out.

Now what I'm looking for is some help getting the best out of the machine.
    The router is situated upstairs.

I seem to be connecting at about 70 whilst beside it but I'm hitting about 30 megs when in the room below the router, signal strength is on 4 bars.

Is there a way to make it N only, if I do make it N only does that mean that my iphone and other wireless devices won't be able to pick it up.

Is the signal really that **** that im connect at 30megs while being a room under the router??

If so, is my only option to go and purchase a proper wifi router? or failing that look at powerline adapters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

hi, this modem has most crappy wireless I've ever seen :)
    just get good router e.g. netgear and use it as wireless access point

hi, this modem has most crappy wireless I've ever seen :)
    just get good router e.g. netgear and use it as wireless access point

Might just get UPC to put a connection into the study and just go back to Ethernet.

How much is it for an engineer to come out and do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

€60 to move or fit a point

Advertisement