Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steven Caulker charged by Serbian police

Options
  • 31-10-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

It's early details of this yet but it looks like Steven Caulker has been charged by the Serbian police after the fracas that followed the recent England U-21 match.

I can't see specifically what he's been charged with but the Serbian police say those charge have “committed an act of violence during a sports event”.

From the footage i saw of the fracas it didn't look like Steven had done anything out of order and that the English players were far more sinned against than sinning.

I feel sorry for Steven if he's having a charge thrown at him just to deflect some of the attention away from the Serbian fans and players.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That charge is just idiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

It's not even clear now if he has been charged, spurs have released a statement saying that they, the FA or Steven have not been informed of any charge. But a lot media outlets are still reporting that he has been charged.

Reflects very badly in itself on the Serbian police if the world's media know about the charges even before the guy being charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Doesn't even deserve a thread, i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Potentially could be quite serious, reports are saying if he's found guilty in Serbia the charge could then be handed over to British authorities (im not sure how it works with Serbia but a lot of European countries have integration between justice systems) so he could be facing legal difficulties of some sort in the UK.

Not good news for anybody but especially for a young footballer (whose already been arrested on a night out) with a lot of media spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Without knowing all the info as stuff could have happened behind closed doors looks like an attempt to deflect from the real issues that night. Hope it just blows over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement