Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick band The Guests - any good?

Options
  • 31-10-2012 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello, getting married this summer and just wondering can anybody tell me what the guests band are like? Looked at their website but it didnt tell me much on what kind of songs they play....really appreciate any feedback. Up in Dublin so want to see if it's worth my while travelling down home to see them :D

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

taedy wrote: »
    Hello, getting married this summer and just wondering can anybody tell me what the guests band are like? Looked at their website but it didnt tell me much on what kind of songs they play....really appreciate any feedback. Up in Dublin so want to see if it's worth my while travelling down home to see them :D

I got to see them 3 or 4 times earlier this year. They play every 2 weeks or so in the Outback in Nancy Blake's bar.

When they have their full line-up they are top class. A real quality covers band, including a 3 piece brass section.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 taedy

Thanks Insect Overlord - appreciate the feedback. Ya heard they play in nancys and that peaked my interest however when I looked up their videos on youtube the songs showcased were older tunes. I wanted to see if they play any newer tunes along with the old favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

We had them for our wedding a few years back and they were excellent. We really got great praise for them. They play a mix of new and old stuff stuff. From what i remember for a wedding they play with 7, 3 of which can sing anything from johnny cash to the killers. They also have a brass section which adds to it. Id have no worries booking them for a wedding, the floor was full all night with young and old. Any questions just drop me a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Very good, they will also try and learn a few extra songs if given enough notice(well thats what I've been told)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

That's actually true now that i think of it. Our first dance would have been a little known song and learnt it for the night and did it justice

• Advertisement

Brilliant thanks everybody for your feedback! Really appreciate it. Will go check them out as a good posibility :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I too wanted to have the guests play at my wedding but they were not very good to deal with. So although I was disappointed, I was better off if they couldn't bother answer their email or phone, reply to voicemails etc.

Try a band called the suite, very nice to deal with and good value too. Went to see them play in a showcase and was very impresse.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

They played at a wedding I was at last year and were really good, definitely worth a trip down from dublin to see them play.

EDIT to say that they are known as The Funk Junkies also so you may find more videos relating to them under that name.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

If they are also known as The Funk Junkies then they are excellent, have seen them a few times...

Again thanks everybody this is great feedback and definitely helps! Definitely going to pop home to see them :-) So bloody hard trying to decide who to look at and I'm lazy so if I come across one thats good that will do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

AFIK The Guests and The Funk Junkies are two separate bands, both excellent!

AFIK The Guests and The Funk Junkies are two separate bands, both excellent!

Correct, they are 2 completely different bands

Good to know - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Correct, they are 2 completely different bands

Apologies for the mis-information, I have never actually seen The Funk Junkies but I was told they were the same band. I can still vouch for The Guests though as i have seen them at a wedding and were great :)

Pandiani wrote: »
    Apologies for the mis-information, I have never actually seen The Funk Junkies but I was told they were the same band. I can still vouch for The Guests though as i have seen them at a wedding and were great :)

Funk Junkies are very good, there keyboardist is a sound bloke while their lead lady is quiet hot

Advertisement