Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FionnMcCool's Quitlog

Options
  • 01-11-2012 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

At midnight tonight I am planning on smoking my last ever cigarette.

I'm 25 and have been smoking since I was 16 or 17. I play Gaelic Football at a reasonably high level and they undoubtedly affect from performance so my motivation is to stop and improve my performances on the pitch.

I hate the way my teeth are stained from smoking, I hate forking out €9.20 a day of my hard earned money on these things, I hate the way my clothes and breath smells, I hate having to rush outside in the cold anytime I'm out with friends, I hate having these things control my life and now its time to STOP!

I will be using the nicotine 24 hour patch, I've found them to be the best method in the past.

I will be updating this daily and any advice would be welcome.

Here goes...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

So I've just smoked my last (hopefully) cigarette. I have tried countless times in the past to give them up but this time I'm determined to rid myself of these disgusting things forever.

I'm 25 and have been smoking since I was 16 or 17. I play Gaelic Football at a reasonably high level and they undoubtedly affect from performance so my motivation is to stop and improve my performances on the pitch.

I hate the way my teeth are stained from smoking, I hate forking out €9.20 a day of my hard earned money on these things, I hate the way my clothes and breath smells, I hate having to rush outside in the cold anytime I'm out with friends, I hate having these things control my life and now its time to STOP!

I will be using the nicotine 24 hour patch.

Hopefully I'll be able to update this every day.

Here goes...

OP did you just copy and paste someone elses quitlog?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056770830
    Or are you a naughty boy will multiple logins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

So day 1 is almost over and I have to say it has been pretty easy but I will not get complacent. Was off work and I think that helped as a few of my workmates smoke around me. Went for a game of 5 a side earlier and I wasn't coughing up a lung like usual. Anyway I hope day 2 will be as easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Well done...gave up a 30 a day habit myself.....best thing i ever did...i cycle 49km a day and am now trainning for a triathlon.
    Keep it up

Advertisement