Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

former internet cafe in o Connell st

Options
  • 01-11-2012 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hey guys
    If anyone knows the contact details for the previous owner of the above internet cafe, can you pm them to me
    Thanks in advance
    RA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

No .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

sounds like the former owner of the aforementioned internet cafe could be in for a bit of a 'rude awakening'.

phnar! phnar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Partizan wrote: »
    sounds like the former owner of the aforementioned internet cafe could be in for a bit of a 'rude awakening'.

phnar! phnar!

Not at all lad.
    Were lookin to open one ourselves as part of a leisure centre kind of thing.
    We were looking for 1. Their expertise 2. If they were reselling the equipment.
    Was purely business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Not at all lad.
    Were lookin to open one ourselves as part of a leisure centre kind of thing.
    We were looking for 1. Their expertise 2. If they were reselling the equipment.
    Was purely business.

I think it was more of a play on your username buddy!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

rude awakening, last time I checked the machines in that cafe were pretty old and outdated dell machines...they may have been upgraded in more recent years though.

Second off, setting up a net cafe in this day and age is a very bad business idea,

The popularity of mobile dongles and the fact that everyone and their dog has a smart phone these days, the most people might want a net cafe for these days is to actually print something.

On that note, just noticed another thread posted on this forum today looking for a cafe just to print something ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056796761

I worked in a net cafe many many years ago and that was before 3G networks were even available and most people didn't have Broadband, even back then it was a hard business to keep going

• Advertisement

Thanks Caball
    TBH the internet is only a small part of it. Were looking at more of a leisure centre cafe that supports local business. As well as the internet you have an open cafe bar, Xbox live machines, pool tables, card tournaments etc. We have some locations in mind in the city centre and it will be open from 8am to 8pm on a trial basis. This town closes too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Thanks Caball
    TBH the internet is only a small part of it. Were looking at more of a leisure centre cafe that supports local business. As well as the internet you have an open cafe bar, Xbox live machines, pool tables, card tournaments etc. We have some locations in mind in the city centre and it will be open from 8am to 8pm on a trial basis. This town closes too early.

Sounds like a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

I lived in Waterford City from late 2005 till early 2008 .The few Internet shops were hugely expensive ,costing up to 6 Euro an hour .In Dublin at the same period were many internet places at just one Euro an hour .The same when i lived before that in Wexford town ,the Internet hugely expensive there as well .
    How are things now in Waterford regarding internet shops ?

anto9 wrote: »
    I lived in Waterford City from late 2005 till early 2008 .The few Internet shops were hugely expensive ,costing up to 6 Euro an hour .In Dublin at the same period were many internet places at just one Euro an hour .The same when i lived before that in Wexford town ,the Internet hugely expensive there as well .

theres two at the mo
    One on Ballybricken, newish enough.
    and one the end of patrick st, last time i checked it was 2EUR for 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

anto9 wrote: »

There's one opposite the book centre in the square that is €1.50 an hour. The one up in Ballybricken is €3 an hour if you have an account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Thanks Caball

That sounds great, best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Xtravision on Dunmore Road have a few machines... crazy decision but not as crazy as their card selling thingy?

Ps3 & battlefield 3 set up = heaven and worth paying for.

Advertisement