Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New hard drive. Suggestions needed

Options
  • 01-11-2012 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

Alright, I'm looking to get a new harddrive to do a fresh install of Windows 7 on my good old XPS630i. Been on Vista for way too long.

I'm looking to get a fairly high capacity drive. Something along the lines of 1TB/2TB since I have a mountain of games and a load of TV to store.
    So a solid state drive isn't really feasible for me right now but once I begin the complete overhaul of my PC in about 5/6 months time I'll almost certainly get one then.

Any brands I should steer clear of for the high capacity drive? I keep seeing WD Caviar Green around but there are power saving and only run at 5400rpm.

Anything to look out for? Suggestion for anything else?

Comments

Advertisement