Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place for work on car ?

Options
  • 01-11-2012 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just wondering, is any place/shed/garage with or without car lift, to work on car, would have to change clutch on my car. somewhere around lohunda/clonsilla area ? have no money go to garage, would do myself.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Mar4ix wrote: »
    Hi folks, just wondering, is any place/shed/garage with or without car lift, to work on car, would have to change clutch on my car. somewhere around lohunda/clonsilla area ? have no money go to garage, would do myself.

thanks

Try that new 'services center' in Mulhuddart, on the corner facing the Spar.

It's a multi-purpose facility and they may very well accommodate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Try that new 'services center' in Mulhuddart, on the corner facing the Spar.

It's a multi-purpose facility and they may very well accommodate you.

I work above it. They do carry out mechanical work, tyre fitting, balancing, 2 car lifts, power wash & valet facility, but doubt they'd offer you the use of their facilities to carry out your own work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

dodzy wrote: »
    I work above it. They do carry out mechanical work, tyre fitting, balancing, 2 car lifts, power wash & valet facility, but doubt they'd offer you the use of their facilities to carry out your own work.

maybe for a nominal fee if things are slow. Worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

dodzy wrote: »

would you speak with supperwiser? id use my own tools, all what i need is roof and lift . work, according manual, would take 4,5 hours, for me maybe it would be 6 hours, ... i've been done few times already on other my cars such job.
    dont know why, that most cars what i had, always have to do head gasket and clutch :cool: , current toyota also will have to remove head, as i suspect stem seals ar gone, and engine eating oil, not sure yet, i have to do some tests, to make sure, it is stem seals.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I'd be very surprised if any garage let you use their equipment, insurance being the major concern.

There was a place set up a while ago in Tallaght (I think) that let you book time in a garage with lifts and other equipment, so that you could carry out your own work. But as far as I know it didn't last long and is gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I was looking for the same and couldn't locate anyone in the general Dublin area offering this service.

It's fairly common in the UK and Europe but not in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I was looking for the same and couldn't locate anyone in the general Dublin area offering this service.

It's fairly common in the UK and Europe but not in Ireland.

ahh, yes, lads , probably, got use to fix cars on drive way, or on road.

there was a company in Tallaght, who was renting out car lifts, tools, mechanic advices (never used myself though) , they are gone, i don't know why, but i believe its over insurance company ... seems to be here everything rule insurance companies . if lads down on street changing gearbox or engine, thats grand, but big no no .. to company who offered lifts , and professional mechanics supervision.

Advertisement