Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First snow of the year!

Options
  • 01-11-2012 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭

No chance of it sticking but right now its snowing here. Caught me off guard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

ch750536 wrote: »
    connemarra mountains covered here too. Look beautifull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Pics please :D

In fact, this thread should be made No Pic, No Post :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

226585.jpg
    226586.jpg
    226587.jpg

Like I said, no chance of it sticking but that is the first snow of the year for me.

oops @ huge images, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Are you prepared for snow like we had a couple of years ago? Hope so. I'm always hopeful of a repeat of such weather:D

There I go not posting a pic!!! Oh well, best wait until we have snow on a widespread basis :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I hope you're wearing trousers in the first pic!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Su Campu wrote: »
    I hope you're wearing trousers in the first pic!! :eek:

Ah jaysus Su, what has been seen cannot be unseen ! :(:mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

It's snowing heavy near Mallow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sam Kade wrote: »
    It's snowing heavy near Mallow now.

Evidencia?

Great call from Su on the lack of cacks on our Abbeyfeale friend! He doesnt miss a trick

Although, if it were really snowing would anyone go to the door in their jocks? Could it be warm snow?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

oops @ huge images, sorry.

More than mega huge TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

What was that we were saying about knickers?

That does look funny but I'm actually wearing black joggers as I was getting ready to go out for a walk but the weather changed my mind for me.

On other topics, has really warmed up now & sunshine is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

Wintry mix in West Clare this morn

Re: Cork Snow, nothing showing up on the radar

226598.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Heard this morning from a work colleague that her sister said it was snowing in Blarney this morning briefly - before turning to rain....but it still snowed:P

Think Mallow instead of Cork, Mallow is 25 miles away to the North

It did show sleety showers at about 08:35 mind....

226599.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bkelaine

It was snowing here 2 miles from mallow, unfortunately my photo isn't great- but it was snow, not sleet. Sun shine now

It was snowing here 2 miles from mallow, it was snow, not sleet. Sun shine now. Have pics but can't upload them for some reason

Showers will become more widespread as the day goes on. Some bands of showers now pushing into the west coast. Most will be of rain or hail. By the way, I have heard other reports from Mallow and they said it was a mix of hail, sleet, snow, rain, frogs. A comment just posted elsewhere from someone in Mallow: No snow in Mallow, plenty of frigging rain though

• Advertisement

Wolfe_IRE wrote: »
    Showers will become more widespread as the day goes on. Some bands of showers now pushing into the west coast. Most will be of rain or hail. By the way, I have heard other reports from Mallow and they said it was a mix of hail, sleet, snow, rain, frogs. A comment just posted elsewhere from someone in Mallow: No snow in Mallow, plenty of frigging rain though
    Ok, I must have been hallucinating .. If the charts/radar don't have it :-0 we a bit higher here in dromahane.. But it was snow- big white flakes of it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

I was between home and Mallow this morning, we are living about 10km from town and it was just rain in the town but as I headed out home there was a very heavy shower of snow, big fluffy flakes which even stuck around until the sun appeared... couldn't take a picture as I was driving... the car temp gauge read 2 deg celsius.

bkelaine wrote: »
    Ok, I must have been hallucinating .. If the charts/radar don't have it :-0 we a bit higher here in dromahane.. But it was snow- big white flakes of it :-)

I believe you. Sorry, wasn't doubting. I am just saying that it depends whereabouts you live in the Mallow region. The snowline was obviously 150m or less asl.

For what it's worth this was kilfinane (limerick) at 8.45am this morn
    226607.jpg

I believe you. Sorry, wasn't doubting. I am just saying that it depends whereabouts you live in the Mallow region. The snowline was obviously 150m or less asl.

For what it's worth this was kilfinane (limerick) at 8.45am this morn

I think Dromahane at about 110m and as bkelaine reported they received a bit. What's Kilfinane about 200m?

p.oconnor wrote: »
    I think Dromahane at about 110m and as bkelaine reported they received a bit. What's Kilfinane about 200m?[/QUOTE
    It's at 150m. The highest village in Co Limerick don't ya know, so the locals say

Very isolated showers around, a local radio presenter said it was bucketing down on his way to the studio, I'm within three miles of him ~ absolutely sunshine all morning.

p.oconnor wrote: »
    [/QUOTE
    It's at 150m. The highest village in Co Limerick don't ya know, so the locals say

Only 150m ??? :eek: I thought we were relatively low at 180m.

gbee wrote: »
    Very isolated showers around.

Joe-Btfsplk.png

One of those?

By the way, he/she would not be the only member of the Irish media to talk through their behind when it comes to exaggerating the weather. Many overemphasise weather events. What happens is that the public then plays chinese whispers with what they heard on the radio and soon an isolated snow shower in mallow is "did you hear Cork was covered in 6 inches of snow this morning".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭khc

great picture in the Echo! anyone know if the wicklow mountains got some snow?

Advertisement