Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wigan home - 03/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

We're actually being outplayed by Wigan. They should have scored again there except for Friedel (who's justifying his selection!). They've had more chances on target than us and seem to be able to keep the ball in our half with more ease than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Fcuk sake lads, we're falling apart, should be 2-0 down!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Klye Walker is having another shocking **** game..he is gonna cost us a goal again

I think with Sandro gone, AVB should be looking at 4 - 4 - 2 in the 2nd half, with both Ade & Defoe on. Get Dempsey off and have Hudd and Sigurdsson in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Wigan controlling it.

We look like a set piece team.

Shocking how easy our defence is being picked apart.

Only poor Wigan finishing has us level and Brad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Defense is awful today. Standard enough saves from Friedel, but he's made them so we're luckily 0-0 still. Need a serious kick up the arse in the 2nd half, or we'll lose this.

Well, I didn't think I'd be saying this against Wigan but thank **** for the half time whistle

Ade should be on to lead the line. If this doesn't change for the better I might do some ironing during the second half;)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Well deserved. Have Spurs actually got a game plan?

And there's Wigan's reward for completely outplaying us so far.

• Advertisement

What the **** is Gallas doing? Christ, this is embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

This is terrible stuff, nothing we don't deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

fooking gallas! 1nil

at least ade is on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What a joke. Tactical genius my ass. DL should go cap in hand to HR. Ive stomached enough of this ****e for nearly 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

The notepad is out again, man has no clue what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

KingdomYid wrote: »
    The notepad is out again, man has no clue what to do.

nearly burst out laughing when i saw that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Clownicus Maximus.

Wrong choice by AVB to swap Defoe for Ade, but it's the players i have an issue with today. They are bloody clueless. Vert is about the only person on the pitch that has shown anything today. Gallas, Dempsey, Siggy and Walker are bloody awful. Horrible performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Genuinely have no idea why we signed Dempsey. He doesn't improve us in anyway possible in the slightest, yes he scored for Fulham but we should in no way be compared with Fulham. He just doesn't cut it at the top level, no pace, no real eye for goal and not much flare about him.

Jesus I miss VDV :(

Kiith wrote: »
    Wrong choice by AVB to swap Defoe for Ade, but it's the players i have an issue with today. They are bloody clueless. Vert is about the only person on the pitch that has shown anything today. Gallas, Dempsey, Siggy and Walker are bloody awful. Horrible performance.

wrong choice ? This forum is full of people calling for ade over defoe. It doesnt matter, everyone except for brad was awful today. A disgusting performance, i remember one soft long range effort by bale and that was it, nothing else in 90 min at the lane.

Huddlestone is not a player, he is rubbish and belongs in divison two. Even if we had dembele today it wouldnt have made a difference cos the whole team was shocking.

I really am disgusted after today, we have city and arsenal away next and liverpool at home, we will most likely lose at least two of them. We are going to slip way down the league in the next few weeks.

worst performance in a long time and as kingdom said, avb was there sitting on the bench with his head stuck in his notebook - woeful, absolutely woeful

• Advertisement

I think he meant it was the wrong idea to take Defoe off for Ade. Defoe should've stayed on with Ade and Dempsey (the useless bag of shoite) coming off.

SuprSi wrote: »
    I think he meant it was the wrong idea to take Defoe off for Ade. Defoe should've stayed on with Ade and Dempsey (the useless bag of shoite) coming off.

oh ok, in that case i agree

dempsey is rubbish of the highest order

we have gone back 3 years, no joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Give AVB time they said, it will be grand they said :eek:. Awful awful stuff today, we are playing shocking, week after week, disjointed, lethargic, i honestly dont think these players believe in the way they are playing.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Give AVB time they said, it will be grand they said :eek:. Awful awful stuff today, we are playing shocking, week after week, disjointed, lethargic, i honestly dont think these players believe in the way they are playing.

thats true, they appear very disjointed and they look so unhappy compared to when harry was in charge

it almost makes me weep when i think of vdv / bale / lennon / luca breaking up the field and putting sweeping moves together and carving defenses wide open - when u compare that to siggy / hudd / and dempsey plodding up the field and not even able to string two passes together - its very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Letting VDV go was a big big mistake

Are we forgetting some of our best players are out injured? Parker, Kaboul, BAE, Dembele. Adebayor has only just come back. And now Sandro's gone. All first teamers. Half the stadium booing the team at half time and the manager when he made a sub, disgraceful carry on! You don't hear the scousers booing their team off at half time. Embarrassment.

And Defoe didn't make one tackle the whole game, no movement, at one stage he took the ball of Siggy's feet and then lost it. Dempsey was at least putting himself about, probably why AVB left him on.

How can we blame the manager, our squad is depleted, he didn't sell Vdv, Dempsey was bought so he didn't have to rely on Harry Kane, he tried to get shot of Huddlestone and replace with Moutinho but Levy ballsed it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

How did we ever manage to win at old trafford?

Are we forgetting some of our best players are out injured? Parker, Kaboul, BAE, Dembele. Adebayor has only just come back. And now Sandro's gone. All first teamers. Half the stadium booing the team at half time and the manager when he made a sub, disgraceful carry on! You don't hear the scousers booing their team off at half time. Embarrassment.

And Defoe didn't make one tackle the whole game, no movement, at one stage he took the ball of Siggy's feet and then lost it. Dempsey was at least putting himself about, probably why AVB left him on.

How can we blame the manager, our squad is depleted, he didn't sell Vdv, Dempsey was bought so he didn't have to rely on Harry Kane, he tried to get shot of Huddlestone and replace with Moutinho but Levy ballsed it up.

I agree about the crowd - pathetic booing your own team like that. And to a point I agree with you about not blaming the manager, but I saw this post on another forum and it makes perfect sense;
    56mins on the clock, your 1-0 down against a bottom 6 side, your playing with one upfront. You decide on a substitution to get you back into the game, you take off your striker who's in form and the clubs top scorer, for a striker whos just coming back from injury.

I cant explain that

Big mistake. This playing 1 up front, with crap options behind in both Sigurdsson & Dempsey, is not working. We are not scoring enough goals and something needs to change. I just hope AVB spots it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

All good points, but... bar huddlestone, the starting eleven today should be well capable of doing a job on wigan at home. The fact that bar newcastle and the first half against Utd, we have been really really poor.

Avb system is not working, our defense is creaking every single game.

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    Big mistake. This playing 1 up front, with crap options behind in both Sigurdsson & Dempsey, is not working. We are not scoring enough goals and something needs to change. I just hope AVB spots it soon.

I hear what your saying but playing 1up didn't have a negative effect on us last season because we were playing a striker who brought other players into the game. We've scored average two goals a game in the EPL this season which isn't shocking.

The problem arises when missing our midfield playmaker, plenty of our goals last season came from the full backs and wingers overlapping one another. That was because we had a player like Modric in the middle to complete the triangle. Without Dembele we don't have that. I suspect AVB might push Carroll into this roll because we all know (although many slated the manager for wanting rid) that Huddlestone is not good enough. He is far too slow and predictable.

Advertisement