Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hackerspace - Navan

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Jesus! - i thought this idea had died a death! :D

I would still be up for the idea of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

This sounds like a great idea,and even though I'm not even close to navan I wouldn't mind traveling once or twice a month. Would anyone have a list of similar groups around Ireland?

Regards,
    Darius.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

I'm not in Navan either, and neither are Skrynesaver or Access. Itzy's no longer there either!
    Just a good central spot to meet in Meath. Where are you based Darius?

There's a list of hackerspaces maintained online. The Drogheda one is easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jhope88

Hi all,

I'm not sure if your group is still active as this thread is old. but you are all very welcome to pop along to any of our events. Along with our weekly open nights (generally used for chat, planning and some general hackery/makery) we run a monthly microcontroller session on a chosen Saturday and are looking to start another monthly event focussed on software dev and networking security off the ground. If you are interested feel free to shout, would be great to have you visit and chat about future Navan/Drogheda events! :-) We recently held a two day event for the Drogheda Arts Festival which was great craic.

Cheers,
    Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

The group never happened, but I'm guessing that any of the people who actually made it to one of the meet ups are still following the thread.
    Thanks for touching base. I'd love to head along to one of the microcontroller sessions and have a chat about your other event later in the summer.
    I can help with transport from Dunsany/Kiltale/Kilmessan area.

• Advertisement

great, if you want I can send anyone interest an invite to our mailing list. for notifications and discussion of upcoming events/tutorials and general chat? talk soon.

Jonathan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Hey guys. Sorry for letting things die a death. Unfortunately life got the better of me and I had to leave Navan. I'm hoping that things are going well with Lightbox in Drogheda.

I'm in the process of setting up a Hackerspace / Linux Users Group in Athlone as there seems to be some interest and would love to see it grow.

Hi,

Its going good, still a very small group but we meet up often and have access to two rooms for general hacking/making and ample storage for our kit. We're open on Saturday from 1pm - 5pm if anyone wants to pop in. We will be working on projects for Dublin Makerfaire end of this month.

Hey folks,
    here in Lightbox Lab we're planning on running a few events during Autumn, first of which is a social event to be held to have a chat about all things hacking / making over a few beverages (either alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
    The plan would be to meet up at Lightbox lab for a bit and then head down to our local hacker friendly pub. If any of you fancy coming along and meeting your friendly local (ish) hackerspace for some craic? Date is yet to be confirmed for this but it would be great to meet our Navan area neighbours for planning future events/workshops etc and having a general chat.

Jonathan

Advertisement