Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC planning return to Ireland in the next two years

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gypsy Roman

Xlami wrote: »
    I don't understand your point? UFC 93 was one of the quickest selling so I think the sport is undoubtably being taken seriously here. Also it's natural people would like to see the best athletes perform. What did you want fans to hold banners saying Welcome to Hell Dan Henderson, Shogun, Franklin etc. ??

I think you need to read back further in the thread,im talking about cage contender being able to sell out the O2 in the next 2 years,my point is its nothing about standards in fighting,you have the complete wrong end of the stick,which is illegal inside the cage ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭nino1

It is more an Irish thing then most,in Turkey,Norway,Russia,Latvia,Portugal or where ever they are behind there national teams football before the foreign game,Man Utd are fine for them but as soon as they show up in town they are the enemy and no red carpet is rolled out,rather signs of welcome to hell. Man Utd show up to play a LOI select side thrown together at 6 days notice minus players from 2 of the best teams in the country and almost every person in the ground is sat there **** over Wayne Rooney so much as winning a throw in. So Ireland is way more guilty of this pathetic behaviour then most. For Fighters or any sports stars to be taken really serious on this island wud take something like making it to the higher levels of the sport and even then it would prob be just for a short time,much like Ireland beating Engand is cricket,it was flavour of the month for about a week and then they went back to being viewed as pretty much no bodies. Unfortunitly its the sad state of the Irish Sporting mentality. I love Ireland and am so proud to be Irish,but as sport fans most are adrenilan Junkies with no idea what it takes to be a true fan of anything.

Jeez your post is hard to read, try spaces and paragraphs.

The reason these countries you mention have more loyal support for their local teams is that they are much bigger countries than us and their local teams are of a much higher standard than ours. Galatasary and FC Porto for example would be much easier to watch than Drogheda United.

The fact that Galatasary create a vile atmosphere when clubs like Man Utd come to town is nothing to aspire to whether it be soccer or mma.

I'm pretty sure if the UFC ever went to any of the countries you mentioned it would sell out just the same as in Ireland and at a much higher rate than their local shows too. Nothing specific to Ireland we just have a smaller population sthyhe number og our top class athletes are always going to be less no matter what the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gypsy Roman

nino1 wrote: »
    Jeez your post is hard to read, try spaces and paragraphs.

The reason these countries you mention have more loyal support for their local teams is that they are much bigger countries than us and their local teams are of a much higher standard than ours. Galatasary and FC Porto for example would be much easier to watch than Drogheda United.

The fact that Galatasary create a vile atmosphere when clubs like Man Utd come to town is nothing to aspire to whether it be soccer or mma.

I'm pretty sure if the UFC ever went to any of the countries you mentioned it would sell out just the same as in Ireland and at a much higher rate than their local shows too. Nothing specific to Ireland we just have a smaller population sthyhe number og our top class athletes are always going to be less no matter what the sport.

Dont agree with you,Ireland on the sports front are full of fair weather fans who think that watching events on the tv makes them a supporter. And being a fan of something and a supporter of something are worlds apart.

I Watch every single UFC event and Strikeforce and any MMA I can get my hands on but at the same time any event I can see live I would much sooner see,no matter who the fighters are,my point being you really cannot beat the live show experience but in this country I cannot see any sport really becoming huge because we are a nation of Super Sunday down the pub in my Celtic jersy kinda people. I know most on here wont agree but its the truth and u can make as many excuses as ya want about sizes of countries and standards of sport all you want.

Advertisement