Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THinking of taking the plung

Options
  • 01-11-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm considering moving to eircom and looking for the following package
    1. aDSL connection 24 meg (not NGB)
    2. landline - free evening / weekend
    3. Mobile - unlimited package

So, I've a few questions for the reps

1. What would this cost? (pm)
    2. What would the downtime be for the phone and especially the BB, I work from home a lot so this is vital
    3. What's te changes that all three elements will be processed efficiently.
    4. Is it one or multiple contracts?

thanks in advance
    - irishgrover

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I am going to put my oar in and say that assuming you are using a good router (not one of the nasty Zyxel or Huawei things that are so popular) you should experience very little down-time. I can count on one hand the hours of downtime I have had in ~10 years of service, that were not as a result of a flaky router.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi Gerrk,
    thanks for the quick reply. Re downtime, I should have been clearer. I actually meant downtime between the porting process from VF to Eircom as opposed to general downtime. TBH I had not even considered general downtime...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,
    I'm considering moving to eircom and looking for the following package
    1. aDSL connection 24 meg (not NGB)
    2. landline - free evening / weekend
    3. Mobile - unlimited package

So, I've a few questions for the reps

1. What would this cost? (pm)
    2. What would the downtime be for the phone and especially the BB, I work from home a lot so this is vital
    3. What's te changes that all three elements will be processed efficiently.
    4. Is it one or multiple contracts?

thanks in advance
    - irishgrover

Hi irishgrover,

Can you PM me with your telephone number or address and I can look into the packages available and will advise on the time-frame process to return.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement