Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE September 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

How much is the membership fee - I have looked everywhere online and I can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

I'm not sure if they are the same for everyone, I emailed and they sent me through an invoice, mine was £317. I think it may depend on when you are eligible for membership, im out of contract and only passed exams but if you have been eligible for a while then it could be more but i'm not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 37 whatif...

Here's a link to the ICAI website with membership fees:

http://www.charteredaccountants.ie/Members/Your-Institute/Membership-Fees/

I passed my FAEs this year, have my 3.5yr training contract done but still haven't gotten my CA diary signed off so must wait for that before I can apply for membership.

One question though - there's a membership joining fee of €877 (ROI) - does this mean that we also have to pay the €565 annual subscription on top of that in the one year? Seems abit steep.

I'm currently looking for a job so I'm unsure what my fees will be if I'm asking my new employer to pay them on my behalf... that's still acceptable I hope...

Has anyone heard back about membership yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

Has anyone heard back about membership yet?

No beginning to worry a little

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

pepp wrote: »
    No beginning to worry a little
    THe money for the admission to membership was taken out of my card so I assume they are dealing with my application. Other than that I have heard nothing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

whatif... wrote: »
    Here's a link to the ICAI website with membership fees:

http://www.charteredaccountants.ie/Members/Your-Institute/Membership-Fees/

I passed my FAEs this year, have my 3.5yr training contract done but still haven't gotten my CA diary signed off so must wait for that before I can apply for membership.

One question though - there's a membership joining fee of €877 (ROI) - does this mean that we also have to pay the €565 annual subscription on top of that in the one year? Seems abit steep.

I'm currently looking for a job so I'm unsure what my fees will be if I'm asking my new employer to pay them on my behalf... that's still acceptable I hope...

I don't have the access rights to view membership fees page which I find ironic.

"Here come on in?"

"Well I've been knocking for years - how much is it?"

"I'm not telling you!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

Has anyone heard back regarding the admission?

I think they were presented to the council yesterday so i think we should be hearing back soon enough.

costacurta wrote: »
    Has anyone heard back regarding the admission?

I think they were presented to the council yesterday so i think we should be hearing back soon enough.

I'm assuming we will hear very soon i can no longer access my diary or student portal so I think we may recieve a member login!
    Is anyone else unable to log on?

I can still log in.

Damn must mean i didnt make the cut:(

• Advertisement

I can still log in.

They probably haven't processed your application yet.
    I'm able to log on to the member site now with my student log in number

They probably haven't processed your application yet.
    I'm able to log on to the member site now with my student log in number

Are you on the member list? It's been updated since yesterday and I'm not on it! so I can only assume I've been rejected ! Anybody know what happeneds if your rejected? How do you fix it?

I can still log in.

I can log in aswell but they have taken the money for the membership. Anyone else have same thing??

louise1985 wrote: »
    I can log in aswell but they have taken the money for the membership. Anyone else have same thing??

They've taken my money too but no sign of my name on the list and no email or letter. I'm thinking they can always refund the cash once they decide not to give the membership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Why would yis not make the cut? From diary entries?

Panic over, i'm now listed on the website as a member:)

Panic over, i'm now listed on the website as a member:)
    Me too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Dmac_Aca12

Anyone have the link to this. On phone and can't find it

Dmac_Aca12 wrote: »
    Anyone have the link to this. On phone and can't find it

Go to member search on the member section of the site. I'm really worried I'm still not on the list but haven't heard from them either so don't know where I stand. Anyone know anybody who's been rejected before?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Dmac_Aca12

Anyone else here still not have there name up on the list. They have said that anyone not except will get the forms returned and any fee paid. Im getting a bit worried now :( rang them there but only got voice mail will try again later

• Advertisement

Dmac_Aca12 wrote: »
    Anyone else here still not have there name up on the list. They have said that anyone not except will get the forms returned and any fee paid. Im getting a bit worried now :( rang them there but only got voice mail will try again later

I haven't heard from them and names still not on list so I'm worried!😨 After all the hassle trying to pass the exams and now for to be maybe rejected from membership I'll be raging 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Lol2013

Why would one be rejected as a member?

Lol2013 wrote: »
    Why would one be rejected as a member?

I don't know but I'm still not on the list! Has anyone actually heard back from CAI?

pepp wrote: »
    I don't know but I'm still not on the list! Has anyone actually heard back from CAI?

I haven't heard back from them but I'm on the members list. Assume everything is fine so went ahead and added the ACA after my name on the office sign off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

i haven't bothered doing the CA diary yet, but finished training contract and passed exams, hypothetically what would i put on my CV now, i can't put im ACA qualified?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Suarez20

Hi, quick question my final report from my CA diary says ive served 604 days and you need 627 days per the institute however I did the core twice ao my time of in llieu takes me well over the days served is this ok? Having a heart attack here seeing I left the firm 3 months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Quick question. My Mentor when reviewing my CA Diary would more often that not tick frequently and sometimes when evaluating my awareness to each of the 6 or 7 categories communication,ethics,strategic awareness, problem solving etc.. When I submitt my CA diary will this have an effect on me. I have 6 months left to run on my contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Really confused - why in the CA diary (after my mentor has looked entries and also put mentor comment/feedback) do I see a space for student feedback in the print out! There is nowhere to input this!?? Help please.

Also, did any put "Other Audit" for audit firm training days? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

Joziburg wrote: »
    Really confused - why in the CA diary (after my mentor has looked entries and also put mentor comment/feedback) do I see a space for student feedback in the print out! There is nowhere to input this!?? Help please.

Also, did any put "Other Audit" for audit firm training days? cheers
    When doing the review with your mentor, when they are logged in they meant to ask you to write a piece along with their review.

• Advertisement

Aidodub87 wrote: »
    When doing the review with your mentor, when they are logged in they meant to ask you to write a piece along with their review.

Well thats annoying and slightly (understatement) silly that your mentor has to type it in, or at least be logged in under their login. It was never mentioned to me, has anybody submitted a diary without student feedback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Joziburg wrote: »
    Well thats annoying and slightly (understatement) silly that your mentor has to type it in, or at least be logged in under their login. It was never mentioned to me, has anybody submitted a diary without student feedback?
    Yes. Diary went in without student feedback, or goals or achievements. And it was approved just fine.

Different firms do different things. I didnt have 6 monthly reviews so my mentor put in six identical entries at the end of my contract that all appear with the same time stamp.

So delighted to see my name on the members search - still no letter or email from CAI though

Yes. Diary went in without student feedback, or goals or achievements. And it was approved just fine.

Different firms do different things. I didnt have 6 monthly reviews so my mentor put in six identical entries at the end of my contract that all appear with the same time stamp.

So delighted to see my name on the members search - still no letter or email from CAI though

Cool thanks for letting me know. How long after submitting did you hear back from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I havent heard back from them. I just checked the members list and I'm on it now. Took about 3 - 4 weeks I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Hey guys hping someone can help me out please.

I am looking for up to date standard summaries ( IAS/ IFRS ) if someone has a copy to share please.

Anyone know of any jobs going in the North except for Belfast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Toberzzz

Was anbody successful in appeals this year? Still wating to receive mine back. Not expecting to get it but just curious to see if there were any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

I was unsuccessful with mine and got word before Christmas, but I had to email to get it because they said it was sent but I didn't receive it.

anyone done chartered grinds school or heard of anyone that has? I am seriously thinking of doing them this year! any advice greatly appreciated... I know paul monahans view on it but he works for the institute lol

I was unsuccessful with mine and got word before Christmas, but I had to email to get it because they said it was sent but I didn't receive it.

anyone done chartered grinds school or heard of anyone that has? I am seriously thinking of doing them this year! any advice greatly appreciated... I know paul monahans view on it but he works for the institute lol

Yeah I didn't get my appeal either! Wonder did anyone get it? Booked to do the GCS for Business Leadership and Finance, thinking I need all the help that I can get!! :-(

I was thinking of doing that one, finance, the case study one and audit... do the whole lot. not doing the revision course again!
    will def book this week though, tax return deadline up here so all bit mental at moment.

does anyone know of cheap places to stay near dawson street in Dublin as I will be coming from the north, go figure with the name lol

I was thinking of doing that one, finance, the case study one and audit... do the whole lot. not doing the revision course again!
    will def book this week though, tax return deadline up here so all bit mental at moment.

does anyone know of cheap places to stay near dawson street in Dublin as I will be coming from the north, go figure with the name lol

Did you so the revision course last ear? What ya think of it? I sign up for it just because work is paying for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Yea i am also doing the revision course for Core, would like to know your thoughts on it!

Mark1916 wrote: »
    Yea i am also doing the revision course for Core, would like to know your thoughts on it!

To be honest it is good, but because I did it previously and again last year it repeats itself - so I am changing it up and doing the CGS

has anyone started working yet?
    I am planning on starting in Feb with tax to update notes etc.

Repeating the AAFRP as it was PM that failed me. So I have printed out Derry Cotters updated notes for Financial Accounting and going to start into them very shortly. I'll buy the updated book and use it as a basis of studing as well as the Financial Accounting Question book that is published. Going to dedicate 1-2 evenings a week and a possible couple of hours at the weekend to getting everything up to speed. Then I will begin to go over some of the technical information and go over the changes in tax etc with a view to starting cases in April.

Repeating the AAFRP as it was PM that failed me. So I have printed out Derry Cotters updated notes for Financial Accounting and going to start into them very shortly. I'll buy the updated book and use it as a basis of studing as well as the Financial Accounting Question book that is published. Going to dedicate 1-2 evenings a week and a possible couple of hours at the weekend to getting everything up to speed. Then I will begin to go over some of the technical information and go over the changes in tax etc with a view to starting cases in April.

What did u get in AAFRP that you're repeating it, if ya don't mind me asking... I wasn't going to repeat it but this has made me rethink it...

I repeated the Assessment and was best thing I did, I got HC so if you put the work in its doable, and I didn't start studying for it until mid/late feb.

anyone any advice re Chartered Gringd school?

I got RC, so if I can get that up to a C it would leave me in a good position regards PM in september!

I repeated the Assessment and was best thing I did, I got HC so if you put the work in its doable, and I didn't start studying for it until mid/late feb.

anyone any advice re Chartered Gringd school?

I repeated last year and did the CGS for all the subjects and couldn't recommend them enough. Notes alone are worth getting if you can't make the lectures.

Lectures are very good, keep your focus for the full day and have relevant points relating to the exam in comparison to the institute. Mind you I didn't do the institute revision course so can't comment on how good/bad that is.

I got RC, so if I can get that up to a C it would leave me in a good position regards PM in september!

Yea defo, I was sitting with RC going into the repeat assessment too!

ok I will book CGS ! last shot at these... oh the thoughts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Upnorthchick, good to see you back on the horse.

I am repeating the lot, though fell down on BL. My aim is to pass the mocks. And obviously the real thing after it.

I'll be doing less block release study, maybe 4 weeks; and forgetting about the open book to be honest. I'm useless in organising my notes.

I repeated last year and did the CGS for all the subjects and couldn't recommend them enough. Notes alone are worth getting if you can't make the lectures.

Lectures are very good, keep your focus for the full day and have relevant points relating to the exam in comparison to the institute. Mind you I didn't do the institute revision course so can't comment on how good/bad that is.

Did you pass?

definitely over the weekend I am booking the courses, ordering books and getting sorted for starting in February .

any ideas which of them I could miss?

obviously Tax I will need to sort from the north aspect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement