Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE September 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

apeking wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone confirm where we get the cases from?

The only cases i have are the 6 packs online:
    06 Liffey
    05 Lee
    04 Lagan
    03 Claddagh
    02 Boyne
    01 Blackwater

The resource pack only has two cases on BL.

Where are the rest of the cases?

they're the workshop ones?
    they also handed out a pack of integrated cases with that on the first day in jan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

srm23 wrote: »
    they're the workshop ones?
    they also handed out a pack of integrated cases with that on the first day in jan

Thanks a million. Any idea where id get them now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Thanks a million. Any idea where id get them now?

They are posted on previous threads here.

Click this link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=872&order=desc&page=7

Scroll down to FAE 2012 and FAE 2011 - click on the little paper clip next to them and it will pop up all the attachments on the thread.

You can download the cases off that.

Thanks a million, have you a list of 2013 cases? Have any solutions changed since last year?

I might try get a hold of the pack issued and scan a copy

Thanks a million, have you a list of 2013 cases? Have any solutions changed since last year?

I might try get a hold of the pack issued and scan a copy

I haven't comprehensively reviewed the pack as against the attachments here, but yes, I believe they are the same. The solutions have not been re-written.

All the pack done was basically save you the bother of printing them off. Plus they have like 'glue-bound' which I suppose is a help...

Cheers,

Would the cases in the pack be the same as the list attached to this post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84907675&postcount=423

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Lol2013

Joziburg wrote: »
    Do you know has there been any solutions though? They are not even that long so may not need them...just for completeness and all that :D

They've not been provided yet

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cbxmurphy

cbxmurphy wrote: »
    I dont even have the questions.:( can you please kindly upload them to here?

here you go

hi, any one has solution for Marlborough House Limited and question for Black and white foods?

attached are the cases I have come across so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

hi, any one has solution for Marlborough House Limited and question for Black and white foods?

Attached - not sure about the Marlbourough? Anybody have that one?

-edit: sorry thought it was the solutions you were looking for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Jamesw2

Black and White Foods Question is in the Strategy Toolkit at the back - its a casestudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

88 cases for Core... Can I ask how many of those you intend to get through? I have about 55 just using the past papers, past mocks, and those in the two packs we were given. Even at that, I'm struggling to fit them all into my study plan.

Guys, does anyone have a model index or layout for each part of course?

In the past I just divided them out by session. But that has proven no good in an exam environment.

I am swimming in material. I feel it would be of a great use to just spend a day or two organising myself and then set off.

FR I have found is maybe easy enough - I just sectioned it out by standard, and I have IFRS mind maps for each standard stapled together as one on the front of the folder.

Other than that I really am disorganised... one of these guys with bits of paper all over the study room, bits in my jacket pockets, bits stuffed into a school bag, etc.

Bad, yes.

Padkir wrote: »
    88 cases for Core... Can I ask how many of those you intend to get through? I have about 55 just using the past papers, past mocks, and those in the two packs we were given. Even at that, I'm struggling to fit them all into my study plan.

attached cases are not even include mock, past exams and sample papers. I only have 4 weeks study leave, try to get cases organised, and once off just head down, hopefully go through all cases. definatly no time to write full answer, just bullet points and compare.

attached cases are not even include mock, past exams and sample papers. I only have 4 weeks study leave, try to get cases organised, and once off just head down, hopefully go through all cases. definatly no time to write full answer, just bullet points and compare.

I didn't even think that many cases existed!!!

I'm just going to ignore the random cases you see on individual subjects and focus on the big ones (past papers, past mocks and integrated cases) and try to actually do them properly under exam conditions.

I'm lucky I am on study leave from this week, so I'm spending 2/3 days doing a whistle-stop tour of summary notes for each of the subjects, looking at the competency statement and flying through the tax book, then it will be on to cases for me.

It's a good job I already have the IAS / IFRS's summarised from the AAFRP, or that would eat into a lot of time now.

I intend to do 2 cases a day, using the afternoon time to flick through the sections in those cases that I struggled with. Hopefully that will see me right. I'm relatively happy with my technical knowledge after coming through CAP2 and working in audit all year, so for me practising cases is the main priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

Just trying to re-organise my audit file for the mocks next week, but have no idea of what way to sort it?.. Any suggestions? I seem to have so many notes etc its so difficult to consolidate these to summary notes, i feel like i would be wasting too much study time?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rtw

Hi does anyone have the ply4hire, Marlborough and Nick Millet questions and solutions? Thanks!

Clarise123 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick question in relation to Marketing.

In the 'Introduction to Marketing' section in the resourse pack, it keeps referring to 'HMM Marketing Essentials' for further reading. How can I assess this book/material??

Thanks

Can access through Chariot or this link https://www.charteredaccountants.ie/en/General/Shop/Courses/Course/?ProductId=280

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭foraca28

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering how much study leave is everyone getting? Im in industry and literally just getting max 3 weeks.

I feel so screwed for this, :(

how everyone else set?

Am I kidding myself with this much leave?

• Advertisement

foraca28 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I was just wondering how much study leave is everyone getting? Im in industry and literally just getting max 3 weeks.

I feel so screwed for this, :(

how everyone else set?

Am I kidding myself with this much leave?

I only had 16days study leave last year, failed Core on IMP,:( passed elective. even less this year as its repeat, its not easy, but i am sure someone in same boat did better than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

RESITTERS!!

What changes are there from previous years?

- IFRS 10-13
    - IFRS 11 now supersedes IAS 31 (joint ventures)
    - It's now called a profit OR loss

RESITTERS!!

What changes are there from previous years?

- IFRS 10-13
    - IFRS 11 now supersedes IAS 31 (joint ventures)
    - It's now called a profit OR loss

I think this deals with the changes??? Not too sure... I am overwhelmed with material..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 los27

Hi,

Would anyone have the solutions to the marketing case studies at the end of the chapters?...karglassco, alone it stands etc....would be a great help!!!!

Does anybody know do the CAI publish updated sample, mock and exam papers??

Should they not have released Blackwater at this stage???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭lexluthor

hey all.. anyone got an updated listing of 'audit programmes' document that sets out the substantive procedures to carry out for SOFP captions??

lexluthor wrote: »
    hey all.. anyone got an updated listing of 'audit programmes' document that sets out the substantive procedures to carry out for SOFP captions??

Like the Procedures for Quality Audit thing?

myshirt wrote: »

emm never really understood that document but what i was referring to a list of audit programmes that used to float around when i was doing cap 2s , it had like procedures to carry out for each assertion for each balance sheet caption e.g. fixed assets (existernce..........valuation.........) and so on and so forth..procedures under each of the assertions

i have an older version from cap2s and being a serial repeater! i think it might've been updated now.. whats the quality procedures doc about?

i have an older version from cap2s and being a serial repeater! i think it might've been updated now.. whats the quality procedures doc about?

That Procedures for Quality Audit thing has your work programme for each assertion.

Then there's that other audit programmes doc floating around year on year, using the acronym DOVECC for each SOFP area. If that's it, it hasn't been updated

• Advertisement

That Procedures for Quality Audit thing has your work programme for each assertion.

Then there's that other audit programmes doc floating around year on year, using the acronym DOVECC for each SOFP area. If that's it, it hasn't been updated

can you post the procedures for quality audit 2012-13 doc then pls if ye have it handy?

What is that????

Does anybody know do the CAI publish updated sample, mock and exam papers??

Yes they did but this is what is written at the top of the page

for the questions
    'This case has been technically reviewed to ensure that it is in line with the applicable laws and standards covered by the 2012/2013 competency statement. No other amendments have been made to the wording of questions or the suggested solution'

So I'm sure whatever you have now will do

Is anyone suffocating under the mountain of material and loose pages from boards and from lectures lol

Lol2013 wrote: »
    Is anyone suffocating under the mountain of material and loose pages from boards and from lectures lol

Join the club!

It's mental.

I suppose realistically, all the notes you are going to bring in with you are something similar to that note pack 'from the guy who placed' that is circulating.

Everything else is just reference as you are studying away. So just save it on the computer. I printed a load, and I regret it. But on the other side, I have some of those notes propping up the wonky leg of my kitchen table.

Join the club!

It's mental.

I suppose realistically, all the notes you are going to bring in with you are something similar to that note pack 'from the guy who placed' that is circulating.

Everything else is just reference as you are studying away. So just save it on the computer. I printed a load, and I regret it. But on the other side, I have some of those notes propping up the wonky leg of my kitchen table.

That warning is too late. I have been printing since the induction sessions. IT'S extra worse cos I bound them. so everything is bulky. The only good thing is I've always been good at organising my notes.

Ya yOU ARE right, all the notes I'll be bringing in is akin to the deloitte notes. That and some other summarised ones I found on here. I'll bring the rest of the books tho (if I can carry them) just for comfort lol.

Are you bothering to bring in books

What is the Procedures for Quality Audit thing you were talking about

Lol2013 wrote: »
    Yes they did but this is what is written at the top of the page

for the questions
    'This case has been technically reviewed to ensure that it is in line with the applicable laws and standards covered by the 2012/2013 competency statement. No other amendments have been made to the wording of questions or the suggested solution'

So I'm sure whatever you have now will do

But I can't find these? Are they on the website because they are not in the exam section (still has the old ones with no comment as you mentioned)

But I can't find these? Are they on the website because they are not in the exam section (still has the old ones with no comment as you mentioned)

They are under core course material. tHe first two at the top. same if u r doing core elective. They are called
    Core Comp Past Exam Papers.zip
    Core SIMS Past Exam Papers.zip

I wish lectures were based on the headings in the competency statements. Was just looking at change management and the following was under 2.1 CM

Review and specify the impact of change on effective business controls

Determine when a business is in difficulty, advise on strategies to avoid the
    onset of insolvency and advise on the implications of insolvency to the
    owners of the business

aND i'M THINKING....I've never really come across that in any of the cases.

What does that even mean in CM context lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MissHilliard

Can someone please tell me which notes are from 'the guy that placed'?? thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Jamesw2

FAE Notes ZIP files.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭searunner

Does anyone know if Economic Value Added (EVA) has been mentioned on the Performance Measurement lectures?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fhane

Anyone doing the audit elective? If so, how are you planning your study in conjunction with the Audit core?

Fhane wrote: »
    Anyone doing the audit elective? If so, how are you planning your study in conjunction with the Audit core?

I'm not going to specifically study audit core. Just do elective study and try to figure out how much is expected in Core from doing the Cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sodabread

searunner wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Economic Value Added (EVA) has been mentioned on the Performance Measurement lectures?

Yes it has alongside ROI and Residual Income.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow with AAFRP. Worth remembering that a "not addressed or nominally competent" result doesn't affect your ability to pass the lot in September!

folks, has anyone been able to locate this document from competency statement:

Rules of Professional Conduct and Ethical Guide for Members
    B1 Introduction and Fundamental Principles of Professional Conduct

bottom of pg 25 of competency statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sodabread

folks, has anyone been able to locate this document from competency statement:

Rules of Professional Conduct and Ethical Guide for Members
    B1 Introduction and Fundamental Principles of Professional Conduct

bottom of pg 25 of competency statement

They're in the student technical handbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭searunner

sodabread wrote: »
    Yes it has alongside ROI and Residual Income.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

Anyone's results up yet for the CA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

costacurta wrote: »
    Anyone's results up yet for the CA?

Yep they are, got a RC which i'm quite happy about!

Advertisement