Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE September 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

still no sign of mine yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sodabread

student centre seems to be having probs at the momemt... very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Lol2013

Whaaat I better go check mine I totally forgot they were out today until I came on boards and I'm like what are they on about then I realised oh yes they are on about AAFRP results

results up, but no comments in the results section. Don't know if i can trust the result!

costacurta wrote: »
    results up, but no comments in the results section. Don't know if i can trust the result!

What do you mean??????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭searunner

The website is very slow, i will wait till later on to check.

searunner wrote: »
    The website is very slow, i will wait till later on to check.

Ya i know talk about it. cant even get on

Lol2013 wrote: »
    What do you mean??????????

The result is up there, HC but there is no comments in beside the results and i know there's no way in hell i got that.

The result is up there, HC but there is no comments in beside the results and i know there's no way in hell i got that.

Why do you doubt that. You should be happy lol

And maybe you dont need a comment cos you got HC. I mean what else is there to say??????????

Got RC. Pretty happy considering how I felt it went on the day.:)

• Advertisement

Why do you doubt that. You should be happy lol

And maybe you dont need a comment cos you got HC. I mean what else is there to say??????????

I'm a pessimist to say the least, have you checked yours? Are there comments beside it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Got C myself. No comments beside mine. Surprised as I thought it went worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭suetinz

I'm a pessimist to say the least, have you checked yours? Are there comments beside it?

Got a C and no comment beside mine. Congrats on the HC

I havent been able to log on yet.... I'm almost there.
    i THINK IF YOU GET c AND HC there will be no comment.
    Apeking said there was no comment beside the results

Theres no comments beside mine either. You can be assured that your got HC! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Do they have the statistics up? Showing what % got RC, C, HC, NC and NA?

I got a HC..... i AM SO SHOCKED
    ALSO NO COMMENT
    I
    AM
    SHOCKED

I got a HC..... i AM SO SHOCKED
    ALSO NO COMMENT
    I
    AM
    SHOCKED

Happy days! Well done.

Well done to everyone on their results, think a pint is in order tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rhelix

Anyone know where these documents can be found? They're referenced in the email we got but I can't see them anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

one of the lucky 'lotto' winners who got HC too.. Strange as I messed up timing and left two Qs in section 1 and one in section 3 unanswered..no comments beside mine either..but ill take it! :)

• Advertisement

Im beginning to doubt my result. Costacurta, I know how you feel.

one of the lucky 'lotto' winners who got HC too.. Strange as I messed up timing and left two Qs in section 1 and one in section 3 unanswered..no comments beside mine either..but ill take it! :)

What wait forget HC............you won the lotto

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭searunner

Has anyone who sat the second sitting of the AAFRP on the 18th June got their results?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toobeyshaw

The examiners report is in one of the emails on the portal. Overall %'s for HC and C were up on last year. Got a HC too, no comments beside it but I am delighted!!

I was afraid to log out of my results just in case it's a lie. I did anyway but it's still there. I am excited

toobeyshaw wrote: »
    The examiners report is in one of the emails on the portal. Overall %'s for HC and C were up on last year. Got a HC too, no comments beside it but I am delighted!!

wHERE IS THIS REPORT
    ok found it

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toobeyshaw

wHERE IS THIS REPORT

There are two emails called FAE AAFRP Assessment results April 2013 - (Paper/Solution & Examiner's Report). Its in one of those emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hippo1234

Congrats to everyone on the results!!

Just in terms of C and HC - can someone explain the difference in results in an overall perspective.

I understand HC will give you more points towards sufficiency but what is the difference in terms of depth?

So lets say there are 4 indicators in PM. You have to average C to 'pass' the depth test. Does that mean 2 RC's and 2 HC's will average C and pass? And on the other hand would 2RC's and 2C's be a fail?

Just wondering as it would be a useful piece of information. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭danko2012

Got a C in mine which is also surprising as I left out a q in section 2 & 3!
    No comments beside mine but maybe that's cause I got a C. I am repeating and last year I got an NC in this with comments but I don't give a hoot about the comments as delighted with my result!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭danko2012

Could someone post link to examiners report, paper, etc please having trouble finding it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

danko2012 wrote: »
    Could someone post link to examiners report, paper, etc please having trouble finding it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

danko2012 wrote: »

Paper & solution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭Vivagora

NC completly gutted and 0 motivation to do anything for mocks now when I think of the work I put into the AAFRP for nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 JoanH

I got an NC too but there was no comment beside it. Should there be? I'm gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fhane

A friend of mine got an NC last year and ended up passing the core. Keep the head up. Most people fail the mocks anyway so don't be disheartened, they're only there to help familiarise yourself with the real thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭Vivagora

Thanks for that!

I dont think we get comments this year as they changed how the results are given so no seperate page of how you did.

A little annoying when one of my friends didnt even do a S.3 Q and got HC. I've heard of people in prior years getting results saying "s.2 was your best section" and they didnt even do it!!!

Aside from that the bar seems to be quite high with a lot more people in HC this year - standard will be high in September!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭suetinz

Hippo1234 wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone on the results!!

Just in terms of C and HC - can someone explain the difference in results in an overall perspective.

I understand HC will give you more points towards sufficiency but what is the difference in terms of depth?

So lets say there are 4 indicators in PM. You have to average C to 'pass' the depth test. Does that mean 2 RC's and 2 HC's will average C and pass? And on the other hand would 2RC's and 2C's be a fail?

Just wondering as it would be a useful piece of information. Cheers!

If you look at the announcement posted during the week, about the results, it says that HC and C get the same marks in terms of sufficiency and depth - HC only really matters if you're aiming for a Top Ten placing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Tricky1979

Got RC myself - was aiming for C so rather gutted!

Can somebody please explain whether I should be so down or not?!!

Would it make sense to say if there are 5 Perf Meas indicators (jncl the AAFRP) across Core - i'd need to get at least three C's and maybe allow for one more at RC to get by? i.e. 3 C's and 2 RC's overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭lexluthor

Tricky1979 wrote: »
    Got RC myself - was aiming for C so rather gutted!

Can somebody please explain whether I should be so down or not?!!

Would it make sense to say if there are 5 Perf Meas indicators (jncl the AAFRP) across Core - i'd need to get at least three C's and maybe allow for one more at RC to get by? i.e. 3 C's and 2 RC's overall.

spot on.. 3c 2rc definitely get u over the line..3cs 1nc also get u over the line with the fifth aafrp rc..NO NEED AT ALL TO BE DOWNHEARTED...TRUST ME!!! I personally know someone close who had NC and got through in Sept.. plus I know at least 4 others incl myself who had RCs and got through in year before in PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Tricky1979

ok thanks Lexluthor - have to get working on my Performance Measurement so - getting 3C's will be challenging.

what if you got 2C's and 3RC's?

• Advertisement

ok thanks Lexluthor - have to get working on my Performance Measurement so - getting 3C's will be challenging.

that I can't say to be honest because in my previous post I just stated what has been my personal experience..and experiences of those I know personally..like last year I left the customer profitability indicator in comp paper (ran out of time which is not even nc rather na) but I was hardly worried because I knew I'd nailed fr element of pm in the paper and had c in aafrp

I personally believe if we know fr and know how to CRITIQUE management accounting practices in a company e.g enver plastics (variances) ,or like critique forecasts etc, Green in PM is very much possible compared to grey areas like let's say leadership or audit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Look guys, balls out of the bath on this one.... is this is just an issue of trying to encourage people not to give up... if we be genuine, are we up against it if we have an NC or RC

myshirt wrote: »
    Look guys, balls out of the bath on this one.... is this is just an issue of trying to encourage people not to give up... if we be genuine, are we up against it if we have an NC or RC

not sure if you're referring to my posts but just to be clear i wasnt encouraging anybody tbh, i have not much interest in that.. just stating absolute facts.. i mean yeah with NC its definitely tougher, with RC not particularly.. anyway thank God it's weekend! long freakin week

What my sense of things is, is that regardless of what they say, it's just not acceptable to be getting NC or RC.

So in turn, they need you to nail it in the main, rather than scrape it or average it. The institute have come under intense embarassment that there are accountants out there who are weak on Financial Reporting. It's boiling their blood.

It's difficult to sign off on a guy who is supposed to be conversant in CAP1&2, but when faced with FR in isolation, didn't competently deal with it. It puts the jitters on them in this environment more than any other.

They are looking to churn out very, very good accountants. In the good times, they fed them through on conveyor belts. Business Leadership and bullet proof ethics went out the window. All in favour of a compliance based, button pushing, cover your arse approach; pass the buck bingo, and watch the fees roll in.

No accountability. No ownership. No one giving the money back.

If given the opportunity, I could have got my young daughter to run just as sh!t an audit on we know what bank, for half the fees.

The institute really have to step up to the plate. They know it.

In turn, if you got an NC or RC, my thinking is be under no illusion, you better perk up the ears, get the adrenaline going, and put a monster of a rocket under yourself. You have to drive it home to them that you know your FR.

It's not all lost. But it's also not a time remain calm.

myshirt wrote: »
    What my sense of things is, is that regardless of what they say, it's just not acceptable to be getting NC or RC.

So in turn, they need you to nail it in the main, rather than scrape it or average it. The institute have come under intense embarassment that there are accountants out there who are weak on Financial Reporting. It's boiling their blood.

It's difficult to sign off on a guy who is supposed to be conversant in CAP1&2, but when faced with FR in isolation, didn't competently deal with it. It puts the jitters on them in this environment more than any other.

They are looking to churn out very, very good accountants. In the good times, they fed them through on conveyor belts. Business Leadership and bullet proof ethics went out the window. All in favour of a compliance based, button pushing, cover your arse approach; pass the buck bingo, and watch the fees roll in.

No accountability. No ownership. No one giving the money back.

If given the opportunity, I could have got my young daughter to run just as sh!t an audit on we know what bank, for half the fees.

The institute really have to step up to the plate. They know it.

In turn, if you got an NC or RC, my thinking is be under no illusion, you better perk up the ears, get the adrenaline going, and put a monster of a rocket under yourself. You have to drive it home to them that you know your FR.

It's not all lost. But it's also not a time remain calm.

I like the way you converse 'monster of a rocket under yourself..' what is that lol? How did you get on

Does anyone else identify with this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ83EBh3r7g

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

Hi guys, with mocks this wk what material are you all planning to bring in with u? I've my files sorted but i literally have a file for FR, BL&imp, mgt accounting&finance, tax, audit.. So thats5 lever arch files then text books?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Hi guys, with mocks this wk what material are you all planning to bring in with u? I've my files sorted but i literally have a file for FR, BL&imp, mgt accounting&finance, tax, audit.. So thats5 lever arch files then text books?!?

Am going to go with the less is more approach no text books apart from standards books as most of the books they give us are sh**e so will be of no use on the day.

I am just bringing in the revision summary documents from CAP2, and also summary notes for BL & IMP, which are short.

How is everyone set?

• Advertisement
Advertisement